My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 19, 2021, 03:33:27 AM

Possibly to be built as per the movie Air America (Which was IIRC borrowed from the Thai military who demanded it back after they saw footage from this landing).

Haha, that landing is a peach! That strips shorter and steeper than Courchevel even!  :o

I've got a 1/72 Turbo Porter kit put out by IPMS Austria ages ago with an outrageous Austrian decal sheet, but I don't know what the source kit was.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Reminds me of the strips in New Guinea in the Owen Stanley mountains, where the approach is right angled down a valley and then up onto the strip...  The RAAF regularly used to fly Caribous into them as training...  :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 19, 2021, 05:07:57 AM
I've got a 1/72 Turbo Porter kit put out by IPMS Austria ages ago with an outrageous Austrian decal sheet, but I don't know what the source kit was.

That's probably the Classic Planes short-run kit, made by the Modellbaustudio Essen (and AFAIK an original kit), but with an exclusive decal sheet from IPMS Austria. It's this one here, I assume?

PR19_Kit

Yes Thomas, that IS it!  :o :thumbsup:

You see what I mean about the well OTT decals.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: Pellson on May 08, 2021, 01:32:39 PM
Bagged that Monogram F-105G I was out to get, and as the seller also was shifting a Monogram F-4C/D and an ESCI F-100D, I took the opportunity to save on freight. All in Gods Own Scale, of course.
Pretty chuffed now, I have to admit.  <_<

These arrived in good order today, and as always, it's really nice unpacking and looking through the sprues and instructions. I find that a substantial benefit in buying second hand, btw - that mostly, the kits are already opened and hence "spoilt" from a collector's point of view, meaning I can rummage around to my heart's desire without ruining any value or such.
On the other hand, tbh - these days I exclusively buy to build, so sod selling on..

I have plans/ideas for the Thud and the Hun, but not yet anything firm for the Phantom. We'll see. There should be plenty of possibilities. In the early 70's - who wouldn't want Phantoms?  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 20, 2021, 12:37:56 AM
Yes Thomas, that IS it!  :o :thumbsup:

You see what I mean about the well OTT decals.  ;D

Austria is the home of some VERY colorful birds...

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on May 12, 2021, 01:27:48 PM
-3 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 MiG-21PF Fishbed

arrived today  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay:

Hasegawa Mosquito FB6 - 418 Sqn.  Only wanted it for the 4 Sqn decals, which turn out to be the wrong colours.

Airfix Beaufighter TF.X original boxing, but with Eduard exhausts, a YAHU instrument panel and an Xtradecal Beaufighter sheet.  I have more than enough Beaufighter decals now.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

Acquired from a stash disposal sale.

1/72 Italeri C-130J
1/72 Hasegawa P-3
1/72 Italeri V-22 Osprey

and 1/48 Shunkworks Modern USN MC3 Navy tractor and deck display base.
Keeper of George the Cat.

zenrat

I might have got a little carried away at the swap and sell at the Ballarat show today.  But in my defence this is nothing compared to what I ususally come home from Model Expo with and if that takes place this year (in October possibly) there will be no swap and sell there.

Supermarine Walrus MkI by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Supermarine Walrus Mk II by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Yak-17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Folland Gnat by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
B-47 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Landcruiser 79 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
And this.  I've built one of these OOB and have wanted to build a modified version but they are hard to find...
'60 Pontiac Bonneville by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
...the engine is lacking so I also got one of these.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

A Pair of Walrus's ? Compare and contrast ?

I've always had a soft spot for the Walrus and even have the Airfix 1/48 one in the stash, interesting to see what you plan for them. The Yak 17 is for one of your Australian Peoples Republics I assume ? And as for the B-47 I don't think I've ever seen the Hasegawa kit sprues, loads of boxes, but the kit itself ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

I have one of those Yak-17 kit's, something inside the box put me off and it got placed into deep storage to be tackled sometime in the distant future. Vac formed canopy or metal parts or something like that, I don't remember...  :unsure:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2021, 05:26:27 AM

And as for the B-47 I don't think I've ever seen the Hasegawa kit sprues, loads of boxes, but the kit itself ?

There's LOTS of plastic in there!  :o

I have a couple of them, and one may even get finished one day. I've been building an RB-47H for about 30 yrs now........(sigh)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2021, 05:26:27 AM
A Pair of Walrus's ? Compare and contrast ?

I've always had a soft spot for the Walrus and even have the Airfix 1/48 one in the stash, interesting to see what you plan for them. The Yak 17 is for one of your Australian Peoples Republics I assume ? And as for the B-47 I don't think I've ever seen the Hasegawa kit sprues, loads of boxes, but the kit itself ?

Airfix is a 1957 mould.  Revell is 1973 and was originally by Matchbox.  A Walrus Z is a possibility if the fuselages are not too different.
PDRV already flies a Yak 15 and a Yak 23 and there is another Yak 15 and a Yak 23U in the stash already (one of the ugliest aircraft there) so this was really needed for completeness.  Plus it was only a tenner (which is about a dollar a part).
I'll take pics of the B-47 sprues if you like.  I think it might look grouse in SEA camo.

Quote from: Flyer on May 23, 2021, 05:39:32 AM
I have one of those Yak-17 kit's, something inside the box put me off and it got placed into deep storage to be tackled sometime in the distant future. Vac formed canopy or metal parts or something like that, I don't remember...  :unsure:

That'll be the vac formed canopy.  No PE but it does have resin for the cockpit.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2021, 05:57:05 AM

I'll take pics of the B-47 sprues if you like.  I think it might look grouse in SEA camo.

Nah it's ok mate, but thanks all the same. I'll take a peek inside the next box I see at a show  :thumbsup: Will look good in SEA camo and even better with a figure of Jimmy Stewart as the pilot  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.