My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

The Mbox Walrus is nice for its age, the the fabric effect on wings is decent, and the Trench Digger was probably on holiday for this. Interiors are of course nonexistent as usual, and the hull windows are represented by panel lines and modeling them transparent might be a bother (one idea would be to insert a piece of transparent styrene that's larger than the intended window, PSR the seams, and then mask the window proper when painting).

Built one as a kid and have one in the stash, The Plan is to upgun it with .50 cal's in the gunpits, Beaufighter rocket rails underwing, maybe a scratchbuilt searchlight somewhere, and give it Korean War style paint with invasion stripes.

Rheged

The Revell Walrus in my stash is earmarked for conversion to a post WW2 Orkney Ferries  courier aircraft............or possibly an air ambulance.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

AeroplaneDriver

Made a trip to one of our few remaining hobby shops in the area (area meaning 45 miles away).  Picked up a good haul of supplies and was surprised to see Revell paints and supplies.  First time I've seen them in a US shop. 

Big purchase though was something a little different for me; Fujimi 1/24 James Bond Lotus submarine from The Spy Who Loved me. 

Looks like quite  a fun build.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on May 23, 2021, 12:40:08 PM
The Revell Walrus in my stash is earmarked for conversion to a post WW2 Orkney Ferries  courier aircraft............or possibly an air ambulance.

There's still a few weeks left in the Blue Lights GB! ;) ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

I bought an Airfix TyphoonIIb kit to steal the engine and radiator portion to creat the engines for a tilt rotor AH-56 Cheyenne or Apache. The Airfix kit is too nice to chop up so I might just scrap the old Matchbox one I built decades ago instead and build the Airfix one OOB.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2021, 06:25:23 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2021, 05:57:05 AM

I'll take pics of the B-47 sprues if you like.  I think it might look grouse in SEA camo.

Nah it's ok mate, but thanks all the same. I'll take a peek inside the next box I see at a show  :thumbsup: Will look good in SEA camo and even better with a figure of Jimmy Saville as the pilot  ;D

Now then, now then, rattle, rattle, jewellery, jewellery...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kerick on May 23, 2021, 07:08:35 PM
I bought an Airfix TyphoonIIb kit to steal the engine and radiator portion to creat the engines for a tilt rotor AH-56 Cheyenne or Apache. The Airfix kit is too nice to chop up so I might just scrap the old Matchbox one I built decades ago instead and build the Airfix one OOB.

Put a request out for the engines, as I'm sure there are quite a few of us who have spare engines or possibly complete fuselages tucked away. You UK based?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

scooter

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 24, 2021, 04:51:52 AM

Put a request out for the engines, as I'm sure there are quite a few of us who have spare engines or possibly complete fuselages tucked away. You UK based?

He's outside Chicago
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

It really is a nice kit, I've built a couple  :thumbsup: Can't wait for the new tool Tempest
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 24, 2021, 03:38:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2021, 06:25:23 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2021, 05:57:05 AM

I'll take pics of the B-47 sprues if you like.  I think it might look grouse in SEA camo.

Nah it's ok mate, but thanks all the same. I'll take a peek inside the next box I see at a show  :thumbsup: Will look good in SEA camo and even better with a figure of Jimmy Saville as the pilot  ;D

Now then, now then, rattle, rattle, jewellery, jewellery...

I had to check that I hadn't actually typed that  :banghead: ;D

One idea for the Walrus would be to turn the engine round and make it a "puller" rather than "pusher" ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2021, 06:04:30 AM

One idea for the Walrus would be to turn the engine round and make it a "puller" rather than "pusher" ?

Then it would be a Sea Otter, or nearly anyway.............. ;)

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: scooter on May 24, 2021, 04:57:27 AM

He's outside Chicago

Is that in Yorkshire?  :lol:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 24, 2021, 06:13:09 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2021, 06:04:30 AM

Then it would be a Sea Otter, or nearly anyway.............. ;)

Yup maybe a half way house between the Walrus and Sea Otter ?

I recently discovered that I have a Seagull, the 1940's aircraft not 1920's, in the stash which is a nice looking aircraft . Might build it one day but it's a vacform. Maybe the upcoming Recce GB might be the spur I need ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2021, 06:21:04 AM

I recently discovered that I have a Seagull, the 1940's aircraft not 1920's, in the stash which is a nice looking aircraft . Might build it one day but it's a vacform. Maybe the upcoming Recce GB might be the spur I need ?

Yes, I've got one of those kits too, and have been looking at it for maybe 5-10 years! I did think of re-engining it with a Python from a FROG Wyvern, but it looks ridiculous, like 1/48 engine on a 1/72 scale aircraft. :(

Maybe a Dart.......?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

Quote from: Gondor on May 24, 2021, 06:16:10 AM
Quote from: scooter on May 24, 2021, 04:57:27 AM

He's outside Chicago

Is that in Yorkshire?  :lol:

Gondor

That far away province of Illinois (there is only one of them, it's French) across the pond.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise