My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyer

Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2021, 05:57:05 AM
Quote from: Flyer on May 23, 2021, 05:39:32 AM
I have one of those Yak-17 kit's, something inside the box put me off and it got placed into deep storage to be tackled sometime in the distant future. Vac formed canopy or metal parts or something like that, I don't remember...  :unsure:

That'll be the vac formed canopy.  No PE but it does have resin for the cockpit.
So it's the Special Hobby Focke Wulf jet (that I can never remember the designation of) that has the PE then, got them both at the same time and put both away as soon as I received them because of the vac form and PE parts. Done the same with around 6 other kits for the similar reasons, one is a short run MB.326 that has a vac form canopy, white metal U/C and no locating pins or tabs anywhere, but be dammed if I can remember what the rest are, just that they are there somewhere... :rolleyes:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

The Wooksta!

Both the Fw P.II and the Flitzer had a generic PE fret, with belts and radio aerials.

The latter had a better fuselage pod than the Revell kit, although the wheels still sucked.

Both were very early kits by Special Hobby and most of them were Luftwaffe 46 types for a good few years.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Flyer

P.II that's it! Why do I find that so hard to remember? :unsure:

It may only be a generic fret that's included but it is enough to snuff out my already fragile and faltering mojo so any kits with extra stress, um I mean part's get automatically placed in the 'maybe someday but not today' storage boxes. :rolleyes:
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

Rheged

Quote from: Flyer on May 24, 2021, 10:06:46 PM
part's get automatically placed in the 'maybe someday but not today' storage boxes. :rolleyes:

I've got a box exactly like that!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 24, 2021, 06:04:30 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 24, 2021, 03:38:27 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 23, 2021, 06:25:23 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 23, 2021, 05:57:05 AM

I'll take pics of the B-47 sprues if you like.  I think it might look grouse in SEA camo.

Nah it's ok mate, but thanks all the same. I'll take a peek inside the next box I see at a show  :thumbsup: Will look good in SEA camo and even better with a figure of Jimmy Saville as the pilot  ;D

Now then, now then, rattle, rattle, jewellery, jewellery...

I had to check that I hadn't actually typed that  :banghead: ;D

One idea for the Walrus would be to turn the engine round and make it a "puller" rather than "pusher" ?

;D

Maybe an engine at each end of the nacelle?

I lined up the fuselage halves of the Airfix and Revell kits.
Walrus 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Walrus 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
You wouldn't want to combine them unless you absolutely had to but i've built worse fitting kits (i'm talking about you A Model).
Overall length is the same and they are close enough in surface detail that one could get away with using them together to build a twin hulled amphibian.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 25, 2021, 03:57:48 AM

Overall length is the same and they are close enough in surface detail that one could get away with using them together to build a twin hulled amphibian.

I like it, sort of a Brit built Savoia Marchetti.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Twin-hull is magic, even if the source kit is not... :-\ :unsure: <_< ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2021, 04:05:50 AM

I like it, sort of a Brit built Savoia Marchetti.  :thumbsup:

Indeed  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

A rarity for me; two 1/72 aircraft.

Hasegawa MacDonnell Douglas RF-101C Voodoo

This boxing but I only have the box top, the rest is in its (sealed) bag in a zip-lock bag with a tiny resin bang-seat taped to it.
Possibly something simple & AAAC or RAAF for the Recce GB or Pirates, et al., GB, if I'm in the mood to indulge.

Hasegawa Lockheed S-3A Viking

This boxing, complete & sealed but not in the plastic bag(s) & (was) covered in bubble-wrap.
Will end up RAN, either VS-816 or VS-851.

PS: Fred, if you want the box tops, they're yours.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Maybe an engine at each end of the nacelle?

How about four de Havilland Gipsy Six Rs from a D.H. 88 Comet? Two slender twin naceless, with a pusher/pull prop each?  ;D

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 25, 2021, 07:15:30 AM

Hasegawa MacDonnell Douglas RF-101C Voodoo

This boxing but I only have the box top, the rest is in its (sealed) bag in a zip-lock bag with a tiny resin bang-seat taped to it.
Possibly something simple & AAAC or RAAF for the Recce GB or Pirates, et al., GB, if I'm in the mood to indulge.

A lovely kit, the RF-101C. I've got the Sun Run version, two kits in one box and a special decal sheet to go with it.  :thumbsup:

That kit needed a letter from my MP to the UK Border Agency before I could get it through Customs!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

eBay says I've won the Tamiya Mosquito NF.XIII/XVII I was after.

Which is nice.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2021, 08:35:13 AM

A lovely kit, the RF-101C. I've got the Sun Run version, two kits in one box and a special decal sheet to go with it.  :thumbsup:

That kit needed a letter from my MP to the UK Border Agency before I could get it through Customs!  :banghead:

Whatever did they think was iffy about that?
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on May 26, 2021, 01:28:12 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2021, 08:35:13 AM

Whatever did they think was iffy about that?

They wanted to charge me a fortune, about 200% of the price of the kit, to import it. I suggested that would be described as 'theft' from anyone else, and my MP agreed.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received direct from Malaya

2 x 1/72 NAZA Model ART Hawk 208 Nose Conversion for either the Italeri or Airfix Hawk 100 Kits

Unfortunatly one of the conversion sets had two left cockpit sides.  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....