My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

That's actually an impressively low level of quality control on the sellers behalf.  :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on May 26, 2021, 03:59:41 AM
That's actually an impressively low level of quality control on the sellers behalf.  :o

True, but it's amazing how often it, or something similar, happens  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Admitidly I did initially think that the parts in the bag were opposite sides until I started turning the bag around in my hands which then caused me to think that something was not right.

Easy to see from this picture which has been sent to the seller/producer. Not had a reply yet but he does live in Malaya.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

I believe they prefer the name "Malaysia" now. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 26, 2021, 06:55:14 AM
I believe they prefer the name "Malaysia" now. ;)

The spell checker didn't complain so I went with it

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

Went shopping for a new shirt and work trousers. Couldn't find any in my sizes so will have to look online. 

I did leave TK Maxx with the Revell Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary Gift Set for a very low price  :lol: :thumbsup:

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Nick on May 26, 2021, 02:58:50 PM
I did leave TK Maxx with the Revell Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary Gift Set for a very low price  :lol: :thumbsup:

As yer do!!!  ;)
Keeper of George the Cat.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 26, 2021, 01:30:23 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on May 26, 2021, 01:28:12 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 25, 2021, 08:35:13 AM

A lovely kit, the RF-101C. I've got the Sun Run version, two kits in one box and a special decal sheet to go with it.  :thumbsup:

That kit needed a letter from my MP to the UK Border Agency before I could get it through Customs!  :banghead:

Whatever did they think was iffy about that?

They wanted to charge me a fortune, about 200% of the price of the kit, to import it. I suggested that would be described as 'theft' from anyone else, and my MP agreed.  :thumbsup:

Good grief!

NARSES2

From the Big H

A veritable Schwarm of AZ Me 109's.

Firstly their "Sitzkrieg 1939" boxing of the E-3. I got this because I like the classic 65/70/71 camouflaged example illustrated on the box top, but having seen the other two camouflage offerings I'm not so sure now. Two very different and unusual 3 tone splinter upper camouflaged examples.

Secondly their "Joypack" offering of the E-3/4/7. This is three complete kits in the one box, but with no transfers other than the generic stencils sheet for each. Offered at £17.99 for the three kits compared to the £13.70 for a standard single kit with markings. So a good deal  :thumbsup: Originally these were for "whiffing" - Vichy French, Finnish (they didn't have E's), Turkish, Yugoslavia, Portuguese, Greek, Nationalist Chinese or maybe a S American country ? But having now seen the other two options in the "Sitzkrige" box I'm not sure ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

From the delightfully named 'Dream Model Co.', an Airbus Helicopters HH-65A/B Dolphin kit, bought from the Frome Model Centre during my 'Tour de Zummerzet'.

It LOOKS quite a nice kit, with styrene, resin and some PE stuff too, and a nice, though minimal decals sheet which includes a sharkmouthed dolphin on it!

I won't be starting on it till I get back home at the weekend, and I've only got 60+ unfinished projects in the queue ahead of it.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 27, 2021, 09:41:56 AM
... and I've only got 60+ unfinished projects in the queue ahead of it.......

Just proof that you're a true master in freely following your desires rather than allowing yourself to be shaped by expectations.  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on May 27, 2021, 09:46:31 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 27, 2021, 09:41:56 AM
... and I've only got 60+ unfinished projects in the queue ahead of it.......

Just proof that you're a true master in freely following your desires rather than allowing yourself to be shaped by expectations.  ;)

You could well be right. So many wild ideas that just DON'T work out when attempting to translate them into plastic.

My 'Turricane' idea being just one such abandoned job. Just adding a Defiant turret aft of a Hurricane's canopy sounds a simple enough job, after all a Hurricane is a big bruiser of a fighter and there's just got to be plenty of room for a turret, right?

WRONG!

The Hurri's fuselage tapers radically aft of the cockpit, whereas a Defiant's doesn't, and never the twain shall meet. Hawker's idea for the same spec as the Defiant resulted in the Hotspur, a veritable MONSTER of an aeroplane, graceful it wasn't. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Well this is the first time in a long time that my first post in a My Stash Just Grew Again thread is FIVE MONTHS into the year...

From Ebay: Trumpeter 1/72nd Chinese FC-1 Prototype 01 & 03.

This is the early prototype of the Pakistani JF-17 Thunder, with conventional intakes rather than the F-35-style diverterless 'bump' intakes used on the production aircraft. This is handy because it means it can be backdated to represent a fictional aircraft of an earlier era. I've already got one, but I happened to notice that E-Models were selling their last one for a fairly reasonable price, and since I have about six ideas for it...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Weaver on May 27, 2021, 05:31:56 PM
Well this is the first time in a long time that my first post in a My Stash Just Grew Again thread is FIVE MONTHS into the year...

This is the early prototype of the Pakistani JF-17 Thunder, with conventional intakes rather than the F-35-style diverterless 'bump' intakes used on the production aircraft. This is handy because it means it can be backdated to represent a fictional aircraft of an earlier era. I've already got one, but I happened to notice that E-Models were selling their last one for a fairly reasonable price, and since I have about six ideas for it...

you can have a lot of fun with this one Weaver.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on May 27, 2021, 05:31:56 PM

I have the non-prototype kit.  Destined to be RAAF.  Along with a Gyrfalcon and a Mighty Dragon.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..