My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2021, 03:35:45 AM]
...Along with a Gyrfalcon and a Mighty Dragon.

Gyrfalcon..? (Yes, I'm ridiculously curious)

The Chinese fighters are very, very whiffable indeed. I have a double-project ongoing based on the JH-7 Flying Leopard. One of them is almost there, the other one is still waiting for some weaponry.

EDIT: Googled the Gyrfalcon. Not the finest hour for Mr Pellson..  :rolleyes:
Looking much forward to the RAAF one, though.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on May 28, 2021, 03:51:50 AM

The Chinese fighters are very, very whiffable indeed. I have a double-project ongoing based on the JH-7 Flying Leopard. One of them is almost there, the other one is still waiting for some weaponry.

I get confused due to various westernised spellings of chinese words.  Are Shenyang and Chengdu two separate organisations or just two different ways of distorting the same Chinese word to make it speakable with a western tongue?
I have some resin F-22 nozzles to graft onto my J-31 & J-20 builds.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

A Fly Models 1:144 DC-9-10 from Poland - the kit has the benefit of coming with an extra DC-9-30 fuselage, appreciated whiffing fodder for future projects...  :wacko:

Pellson

Quote from: zenrat on May 28, 2021, 04:11:13 AM

I get confused due to various westernised spellings of chinese words.  Are Shenyang and Chengdu two separate organisations or just two different ways of distorting the same Chinese word to make it speakable with a western tongue?
I have some resin F-22 nozzles to graft onto my J-31 & J-20 builds.

They're separate. There's also the Xian organisation that's building the JH-7, the Harbin building helos etc.

Weaver

Quote from: Pellson on May 28, 2021, 03:51:50 AM

Yeah I've got a couple of the JH-7 kits: one of the hilariously inaccurate first editions and one of the decent JH-7As. My idea is to turn the latter into a 1960s project that's basically a British, clean-sheet-of-paper F-4M, i.e. Jaguar-shaped but powered by a pair of Speys.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Pellson

Quote from: Weaver on May 28, 2021, 04:37:58 AM
...My idea is to turn the latter into a 1960s project that's basically a British, clean-sheet-of-paper F-4M, i.e. Jaguar-shaped but powered by a pair of Speys.

Incoming. Watch the projects folders..  ;)

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on May 28, 2021, 04:37:58 AM

Yeah I've got a couple of the JH-7 kits: one of the hilariously inaccurate first editions and one of the decent JH-7As. My idea is to turn the latter into a 1960s project that's basically a British, clean-sheet-of-paper F-4M, i.e. Jaguar-shaped but powered by a pair of Speys.

It does have that kind of look about it which is why I was thinking of something along those lines, we shall see though as it's nowhere near the top of my to do list at all!

On the purchase side of this thread...

Arrived today from Cheltenham Model Centre via eBay

2 x 1/72 Airfix BAE Systems Hawk 100 Series to go with the NAZA Model ART Hawk 200 conversions, or is it the other way round  :unsure: Now if only I could find what I did with all my Hawk decal sheets I would have some options for these.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 28, 2021, 04:16:53 AM

A Fly Models 1:144 DC-9-10 from Poland - the kit has the benefit of coming with an extra DC-9-30 fuselage, appreciated whiffing fodder for future projects...  :wacko:

Bags of scope there, especially as in the RW the -10 was only ever flown by SAS.  :thumbsup:

I flew in one once, and it was like a non-military rocket ship! The climb rate for an airliner was incredible!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on May 12, 2021, 01:27:48 PM
-2 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 P-38J Lightning
-2 x Mini Hobby Models 1/144 MiG-23 Flogger

arrived this week  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

This morning's post has provided me with

1 x 1/72 Print Scale 72-304 McDonnell Douglas AH-64 Apache decals

These have a sharks mouth in a very dark grey which will get used, or try to be used on my F/A-45. I also get three Israeli, one Singaporean, One Japanese and a Greek aircraft as well.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 28, 2021, 09:50:23 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 28, 2021, 04:16:53 AM

Bags of scope there, especially as in the RW the -10 was only ever flown by SAS.  :thumbsup:

I flew in one once, and it was like a non-military rocket ship! The climb rate for an airliner was incredible!  :o

The plan at the moment is to build it OOB as a short DC-9 and put it into service under the flag of a fictional private Canadian East Coast carrier for the Quebec region. We'll see... :rolleyes:

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 27, 2021, 09:57:00 AM
Hawker's idea for the same spec as the Defiant resulted in the Hotspur, a veritable MONSTER of an aeroplane, graceful it wasn't. :(

But not that much different in size to a Typhoon ---  ;)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 30, 2021, 09:59:16 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 27, 2021, 09:57:00 AM
Hawker's idea for the same spec as the Defiant resulted in the Hotspur, a veritable MONSTER of an aeroplane, graceful it wasn't. :(

But not that much different in size to a Typhoon ---  ;)

Sure, but it only had a Merlin to haul it along, and a lower powered one at that. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

"Plastic bags are the work of the devil!!!!"   :wacko: was the comment made many times by a Scout Leader I met because every kid at camp had the same bags and invariably they'd lose stuff or go home with the wrong bag.

While tidying up the spare room and the stash I took several kits out of such bags and put them away nicely. In one such bag I found a pair of decal sheets I'd totally forgotten about. Bonus!
I've also created a box of kits to sell here or at Telford.

Linden Hill 1/72
Lithuanian Air Force.
Georgian Air Force. Includes POLICE markings for their Mil-8s.

nighthunter

Quote from: Nick on May 30, 2021, 11:12:31 AM
I've also created a box of kits to sell here or at Telford.
Looking forward to seeing what is offered, Nick.

Bought from a friend:
Revell 1/72 Boeing Stearman PT-17 Model 75 "Kaydet" partly built.
Over a year ago he had a tragic accident with a table saw that cost him most of his middle and index fingers and part of his thumb. He is slowly cleaning out his stash, so I help him out when I can and when he offers up something I want.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*