My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Ordered a Hasegawa 1:72 Panther Ausf. G with steel wheels, which might end up - with a suitable conversion (parts are already there  :wacko:) - as a ground vehicle submission for the upcoming recce GB.

The Wooksta!

Acquired an Amodel DH Devon from a mate who was clearing out a few bits and bobs.

eBay says I've won another Mosquito NF.XIII/XVII.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 04, 2021, 03:01:18 PM
Acquired an Amodel DH Devon..

Been looking at getting one of those but haven't really gotten round to it. What's your first opinion on looking at the sprues?
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Howard of Effingham

My first ever Bren Gun Carrier kit..... 1/35 Tamiya. Going to get the 'Wehrmacht' treatment :wacko:
Keeper of George the Cat.

DogfighterZen

Well, stash additions have been few for me this year but i've recently ordered a Wolfpack 1/72 T-45c Goshawk on eBay. Thanks to Dizzy's and Gondor's builds I've finally decided to buy a kit i've had my eye on for quite some time but although i don't have any real plans for it yet, i'm almost 100% certain i won't be chopping it up. ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 05, 2021, 01:13:26 AM
Well, stash additions have been few for me this year but i've recently ordered a Wolfpack 1/72 T-45c Goshawk on eBay. Thanks to Dizzy's and Gondor's builds I've finally decided to buy a kit i've had my eye on for quite some time but although i don't have any real plans for it yet, i'm almost 100% certain i won't be chopping it up. ;D

To make an accurate T-45c you will have to modify the wing as its the Italeri kit with an aditional brass fret and some nice new decals.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Yep, it's "just" an early T-45A (in the form of the Italeri kit), despite the claim of "new parts", which is only true for the PE extras.  :-\

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on June 05, 2021, 01:28:23 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 05, 2021, 01:13:26 AM

To make an accurate T-45c you will have to modify the wing as its the Italeri kit with an aditional brass fret and some nice new decals.

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 05, 2021, 02:17:40 AM
Yep, it's "just" an early T-45A (in the form of the Italeri kit), despite the claim of "new parts", which is only true for the PE extras.  :-\

Thanks for the heads-up, guys.  :thumbsup:
I am aware of that, i always try to do some research before buying a kit or mostly anything, for that matter. I've learned that lesson long ago.
As i said earlier, i won't be chopping up the T-45 like you guys did but it will be modified for sure. I'm thinking of adding wingtip rails and missiles and maybe a different nose but i'll decide when i actually get to building it.
It will probably be one of my whif Portuguese Navy carrier based planes.  :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Dizzyfugu

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Pellson on June 04, 2021, 03:32:43 PM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on June 04, 2021, 03:01:18 PM
Acquired an Amodel DH Devon..

Been looking at getting one of those but haven't really gotten round to it. What's your first opinion on looking at the sprues?

Looks nice enough. Did some test fitting with the first one I got, but no further.  I think I've an example of all the Dove/Devon kits - Rareplane, Magna, Vami and Amodel. The Rareplane was a vacform but from what I remember it was a lovely kit to build.

Edit: The Vami kit is a copy of the Caech Omega kit, but I don't have one of those.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

With regard to the T-45C, Air-Graphic Model are about to relece a conversion set which includes a correct new wing, cockpit, tail area with the air brake recesses and a cockpit.  :wub:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on June 06, 2021, 02:09:35 AM
With regard to the T-45C, Air-Graphic Model are about to relece a conversion set which includes a correct new wing, cockpit, tail area with the air brake recesses and a cockpit.  :wub:

Gondor

:o Good news! Thanks for the tip, i'll keep my eye out for that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just had a look on their FB page... although the pics look good, the price is putting me off, it'll cost me more than double of what i've paid for the Wolfpack kit alone... :-\
Not worth it, at least for me. I'll also have to pay import taxes over that and it'll make it more expensive than buying the Kinetic 1/48th kit, which only needs a couple of easy corrections to be accurate so, considering the conversion's price and the work required to fit it on the Italeri/Wolfpack kit, i think i'd be better off trying to correct that kit on my own or even buying the Kinetic kit.

Rheged

A birthday present from Rheged minor.   PM models booted Spitfire.  Obviously, it won't be OOB, but I'm wondering about Bolivian, Afghan or Mongolian markings, just to confuse JMNs.............come to think of it, a Bolivian Spitfire with floats actually could operate off Lake Titicaca  and REALLY confuse people!

Also received some cash from Madame Rheged to spend on  "something unexpected" to add to the stash.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 06, 2021, 03:13:05 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 06, 2021, 02:09:35 AM

Gondor

:o Good news! Thanks for the tip, i'll keep my eye out for that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just had a look on their FB page... although the pics look good, the price is putting me off, it'll cost me more than double of what i've paid for the Wolfpack kit alone... :-\
Not worth it, at least for me. I'll also have to pay import taxes over that and it'll make it more expensive than buying the Kinetic 1/48th kit, which only needs a couple of easy corrections to be accurate so, considering the conversion's price and the work required to fit it on the Italeri/Wolfpack kit, i think i'd be better off trying to correct that kit on my own or even buying the Kinetic kit.

Yeah, the P&P was a slight shock to me at roughly 25% of the set but I splashed out one one anyway which I will use as a guide for my F/A-45.

Gondor