My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on June 06, 2021, 08:12:43 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 06, 2021, 03:13:05 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 06, 2021, 02:09:35 AM
With regard to the T-45C, Air-Graphic Model are about to relece a conversion set which includes a correct new wing, cockpit, tail area with the air brake recesses and a cockpit.  :wub:

Gondor

:o Good news! Thanks for the tip, i'll keep my eye out for that! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just had a look on their FB page... although the pics look good, the price is putting me off, it'll cost me more than double of what i've paid for the Wolfpack kit alone... :-\
Not worth it, at least for me. I'll also have to pay import taxes over that and it'll make it more expensive than buying the Kinetic 1/48th kit, which only needs a couple of easy corrections to be accurate so, considering the conversion's price and the work required to fit it on the Italeri/Wolfpack kit, i think i'd be better off trying to correct that kit on my own or even buying the Kinetic kit.

Yeah, the P&P was a slight shock to me at roughly 25% of the set but I splashed out one one anyway which I will use as a guide for my F/A-45.

Gondor

If i can get it for a reasonable price within the EU commercial zone, i'll consider it but i cannot justify the amount of money if bought directly from the UK. Maybe they'll come up on ebay at a better price. No hurry for me though, it's not a priority on my "to build" list right now and probably won't be for quite a while but i do wonder for how long will they be making that set... :-\

And Happy B-day for Mr. Rheged!  :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Two sets of AML Spitfire Vb/Vc wing blisters from Uncle Frank.

You get one set of B and C wing blisters in each set, plus brass seat harnesses.  Intended for the Airfix mk I/Ia/IIa/Va kit, but you'll have to get a replacement canopy as the Vc - and indeed the Vbs that served overseas - all had the later windscreen with the internal armour glass. You could get round some of it with a bit of creative cross kitting, but that would defeat the purpose of the conversion kit and increase cost.

You'd also have to alter the u/c rake on the kit too as it changed for the Vc.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix BAe Hawk T Mk1A/Mk51

Nice kit but I have no idea why Airfix made a mess of the rear area under the tailplanes where the upper bulge of the engine exhaust has an odd contour, it was far better back in the day with their earlier molding.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

Unexpectedly won an ESCI Harrier GR.3 at ev!lbay for EUR 8,-, Might end up in Saudi Arabian colors?

Weaver

From the Big H:

Eduard mask set for the Hobby Boss Lynx HAS.2. Hopefully it'll fit the Airfix AH.1 I want it for....

Modeldecal sheet 99: all 1/72nd, loads of RN Wessexes (with all the ship's badges), handful of Lightnings, and a Chook.
(Bought in order to get free postage on the mask set, but works with several ideas I have).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Also from that large warehouse in the east of England

Another Sword Avenger in 1/72 but a post WW2 USN utility model that i will do real.

Also bought the IPMS USA 2020 convention sheet for the whatif value and have daft plans for the decal sheet car options.  :wacko:

Several sets of metal undercarriage to support various what ifs and likewise decal sheets.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 09, 2021, 11:28:21 PM
Unexpectedly won an ESCI Harrier GR.3 at ev!lbay for EUR 8,-, Might end up in Saudi Arabian colors?

That's a very very nice kit indeed!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

AeroplaneDriver

A lucky haul from the eBay Fairy today...won a lot of 15 brand new Xtradecal sheets for $75 and free shipping...so $5 per set. 

1/48
2x US National Insignia
2x Early RAF Harrier  GR1/3
2x Lockheed Starfighter Collection Pt1
7x Lockheed Starfighter Collection Pt2
1x Lockheed Starfighter Collection Pt3

1/72
HS Buccanner S2 Collection Pt2

Quite the haul of decals that are perfect for Cold War era whiffery

Also Hasegawa 1/48 Hellcat Mk.II "Royal Navy".

First purchases in a while and very happy with them.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Pellson on June 10, 2021, 07:59:05 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 09, 2021, 11:28:21 PM

That's a very very nice kit indeed!

Yes, I know. Already built one (R/W) many moons ago. ;D

zenrat

Lockdown restrictions eased at midnight so I visited my LHS in order to support local small business.
I bought Tamiya X18 Acrylic (my favoured semi gloss black - Vallejo don't make one), a Majorette Dicast VW Kombi for the VW collection, and these.
20210611_130752 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
20210611_130850 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Herald might become the car I was driven home from hospital in - I need to get details from my father.  It might be the wrong model.  Lotus is for the special theme at next years Ballarat Show - Best of British.  I'm thinking of giving it an Austin Powersesque Union Jack paint job.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

That Airfix Herald kit is easily modified to the other versions, especially by a modeller of your calibre Fred! They only changed the roof really, and the other roofs were pretty rectilinear, or chopped it off totally in the case of the convertible.

It could have been a 13/60 of course, with the slanted headlights, and that's a bit more of a job.

LOVE the Europa!  :banghead:

I didn't know Tamiya did one, is it 1/24? I've got a 1/32 resin slot car shell of a 47, the race version, and I may build it......sometime.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I was born in '67 and the 13/60 was later than that so probly not one of them.

Yes, Europa is 1/24.  I've been looking at the kit for a while and the special theme gave me an excuse.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I've fond memories of a soft top Herald :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.