My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 15, 2021, 11:01:07 PM
Quote from: Gondor on June 15, 2021, 11:59:29 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 15, 2021, 11:18:17 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on June 05, 2021, 01:13:26 AM
Well, stash additions have been few for me this year but i've recently ordered a Wolfpack 1/72 T-45c Goshawk on eBay. Thanks to Dizzy's and Gondor's builds I've finally decided to buy a kit i've had my eye on for quite some time but although i don't have any real plans for it yet, i'm almost 100% certain i won't be chopping it up. ;D

Got home from work to find it on my chair, the Missus received it.  :wub:

Although the kit has its inaccuracies, there are plenty of images to help with the mods needed to turn it into a more accurate representation of the T-45C. The PE fret has nice details and the painting masks are a nice bonus. :thumbsup:

That's just the Italeri kit with a few extra bit's thrown in.

Gondor

Do these include the SAC white metal u/c legs?

No

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Arrived from E Model today

1 x 1/72 Airfix Starter set RAF Red Arrows Hawk.

1 x 1/72 Airfix HiG-17F/J-5

The Red Arrows Starter set because it was a new tool and I wanted to see if Airfix had sorted the mess they made of the tail pipe, they didn't  :banghead: :banghead:

The MiG 17 as I have never seen one of the Airfix kit in the flesh.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Gondor on June 16, 2021, 12:13:36 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 15, 2021, 11:01:07 PM

No

[/quote]

That is a bit of a swiz. Getting some has yielded up a set of navalised u/c for other things.....  :wacko:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Old Wombat

Cashed in the silver coin pocket-change tin today, rendering myself able to buy;

1 x Tamiya 1/35 German Tank Destroyer Marder IIIM "Normandy Front" (Panzerjäger 38(t) mit 7.5 cm PaK 40/3 Ausf. M, Sd.Kfz. 138) - for my "The Czechs" collection/future build project (all will be in Czeck markings, not German)
1 x Italeri 1/48 Tornado GR.1/IDS - I like this plane, so it's a toss-up whether to build it RW RAF or for my RAMverse Aust. Army Aviation Corps

First shop buy for a while, & from the LHS, I'm feelin' pretty good! ;D

Now I just need to stop SWMBO from finding out! :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 17, 2021, 07:07:49 PM

No

That is a bit of a swiz. Getting some has yielded up a set of navalised u/c for other things.....  :wacko:

That sounds like a good idea to get some as I'm sure I will have enough bit's and pieces to make another naval single seat aircraft.

Gondor

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on June 18, 2021, 01:49:08 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 17, 2021, 07:07:49 PM

No

That sounds like a good idea to get some as I'm sure I will have enough bit's and pieces to make another naval single seat aircraft.

Gondor

I usually order directly from SAC, a bit cheaper for me that way.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 17, 2021, 08:40:25 PM

First shop buy for a while, & from the LHS, I'm feelin' pretty good! ;D

Now I just need to stop SWMBO from finding out! :-\

We won't tell if you don't  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

Not many purchases lately but I did pick up a Two Bobs 1/48 Perfect Storm Tiffies Typhoon (the jet one) decal set.  I really want to do an RAF Typhoon in either a RW scheme of some kind of retro commemorative Whif.  I want to do the Revell 1/48 kit but it seems only available with German markings these days so finding an RAF sheet that includes the correct stencils is a major score for me. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Rick Lowe

Late to the party, but there is a build article on BritModeller (IIRC - or maybe one of the Airfix Fan Fora) where someone made a very nice job of the old Airfix 1/32 Herald - should be findable with a bit of searching.

FWIW

Gondor

Latest eBay purchase arrived today

1 x 1/72 Airfix Hawker Siddeley Hawk! I wanted to compare the jet pipe contours to other kits which is far easier to do with an unstarted kit, I have two mostly assembled, so I get a "new" one. Saying that, the box even has "NEW" printed on it. The weapons are a nice addition too.

Gondor

zenrat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 18, 2021, 08:36:12 AM
Not many purchases lately but I did pick up a Two Bobs 1/48 Perfect Storm Tiffies Typhoon (the jet one) decal set.  I really want to do an RAF Typhoon in either a RW scheme of some kind of retro commemorative Whif.  I want to do the Revell 1/48 kit but it seems only available with German markings these days so finding an RAF sheet that includes the correct stencils is a major score for me. 

Anyone done a Hawker Typhoon in a modern scheme with all the stencils?

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 18, 2021, 03:51:14 PM
Late to the party, but there is a build article on BritModeller (IIRC - or maybe one of the Airfix Fan Fora) where someone made a very nice job of the old Airfix 1/32 Herald - should be findable with a bit of searching.

FWIW

Thanks Rick, i'll have a look for it.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Another Evilbay catch.

Why, oh why, might you ask, would one go for one of these when the later Revell issue is so much better in about every respect thinkable?
Well - first, I already have four Italeri Tornados, of which two are built. A British GR.4+ and a German IDS, the latter sporting the big Mehrzweckwaffe eins box, and while the rear of the airframe is strange, mildly spoken, they do look like strike Tornados to me. And this new one will fit in nicely with her sisters.
Second, this one was dirt cheap, not a feature to look down upon when you on sick leave.
;)

When I get round to it, she'll become a German reconnaissance bird with a recce pod and all. In Norm 83, of course. 
:wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on June 19, 2021, 05:57:26 AM

Second, this one was dirt cheap, not a feature to look down upon when you on sick leave.
;)

Never a feature to be looked down upon  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Another Evilbay catch.

Why, oh why, might you ask, would one go for one of these when the later Revell issue is so much better in about every respect thinkable?
Well - first, I already have four Italeri Tornados, of which two are built. A British GR.4+ and a German IDS, the latter sporting the big Mehrzweckwaffe eins box, and while the rear of the airframe is strange, mildly spoken, they do look like strike Tornados to me. And this new one will fit in nicely with her sisters.
;)

When I get round to it, she'll become a German reconnaissance bird with a recce pod and all. In Norm 83, of course. 
:wub:

I've an earlier - Marineflieger/RAF/Aeronautica Militare boxing - that's been in the stash for ever and will at some point be whiffed.  Rather significantly, if all goes to plan.  But don't hold your breath!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dizzyfugu

I have built both and hate the newer revell kit, because it is typically uber-detailed and overcomplicated - so much that it does IMHO not go together well. Esp. the underwing pylons are a bad joke. The older Italeri mold (also sold by Revell!) might be simpler, but it does not "offer" as many traps as the Revell kit.