My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 20, 2021, 04:52:23 AM
I have built both and hate the newer revell kit, because it is typically uber-detailed and overcomplicated - so much that it does IMHO not go together well. Esp. the underwing pylons are a bad joke. The older Italeri mold (also sold by Revell!) might be simpler, but it does not "offer" as many traps as the Revell kit.

Very interesting! I wasn't aware.  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Just ordered from BNA Model World;

1 x Eduard 1/48 British Supermarine Spitfire Mk.Iia Fighter [Profipack] (ED 82153) - I decided I wanted to use my M.XII for something else, so this is going into the "Favourite Single-Engine Fighters" sub-stash
1 x Meng 1/35 British Heavy Tank Mk.V Male (MENG-TS020) - Excessively expensive* but has a full interior & I really wanted a WW1 tank for the Royal Australian Marines

[*: The Tamiya Mk.IV kit is even more expensive & it's a stupid bloody motorised toy kit! :banghead:]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

Unexpectedly won a Dragon 1/72 PzBeobWg. V Ausf. G (basically a Panther with a Panzer IV turret) at ev!lbay for just EUR 7,-.

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 20, 2021, 11:18:19 AM
Unexpectedly won a Dragon 1/72 PzBeobWg. V Ausf. G (basically a Panther with a Panzer IV turret) at ev!lbay for just EUR 7,-.

I always thought that vehicle was a comand tank for Artillery units with a dummy gun and turret.

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

rickshaw

Quote from: Gondor on June 20, 2021, 01:49:01 PM

I always thought that vehicle was a comand tank for Artillery units with a dummy gun and turret.

Normally it would be but this is a "special" one-off vehicle which saw (supposedly) limited service on the Eastern Front...   :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

kerick

I bought a 1/25th scale IH 4300 truck kit for $20 at a local discount store. Then at my club meeting I picked up a Tamiya Abrams and a WW2 jeep kits for $5 a piece. Can't pass that up!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Gondor

Quote from: rickshaw on June 20, 2021, 06:34:57 PM

Normally it would be but this is a "special" one-off vehicle which saw (supposedly) limited service on the Eastern Front...   :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ah, a WHIFF.... maybe I should dig out my 1/35 kit and work on that as well. On second thoughts, not too much into armour at the moment so I will stick to working on the pile of partly built kits on my bench.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Nick

Gondor

I thought a cat had walked over the keyboard when I read it!

A bit more detail on PzBeobWg's here https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/panzerbeobachtungswagen-iii/

Gondor

Just received a couple of eBay purchases

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby Ju 388 J

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby Ju 388 K/L

Both kits have yellowed canopies but I am sure I have spares in my stash. The J will be more whiff than just making it an operational aircraft, thinking of a FuG 240 radar. The K/L will be one or the other, depends what I do the other kit I have as.

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2021, 08:13:20 AM

[*: The Tamiya Mk.IV kit is even more expensive & it's a stupid bloody motorised toy kit! :banghead:]

I'd forgotten all about that kit. Does it come with a couple of figures, or was that another Tamiya motorized "special" back in the day ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 21, 2021, 06:13:26 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on June 20, 2021, 08:13:20 AM

I'd forgotten all about that kit. Does it come with a couple of figures, or was that another Tamiya motorized "special" back in the day ?

With figures.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Gondor on June 21, 2021, 05:53:15 AM

Both kits have yellowed canopies but I am sure I have spares in my stash. The J will be more whiff than just makeing it an operational aircraft, thinnking of a FuG 240 radar. THhe K/L will be one or the other, depends what I do the other kit I have as.

Gondor

Sadly I only have the one of these kits but would love a couple more.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Gondor

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 21, 2021, 07:02:17 PM
Quote from: Gondor on June 21, 2021, 05:53:15 AM

Both kits have yellowed canopies but I am sure I have spares in my stash. The J will be more whiff than just making it an operational aircraft, thinking of a FuG 240 radar. The K/L will be one or the other, depends what I do the other kit I have as.

Gondor

Sadly I only have the one of these kits but would love a couple more.

They are not exactly cheap. I managed to get mine for what I considered a reasonable price although they usually got for over £100.

Gondor

DogfighterZen

Well, ordered another Hawk, this time it's the airfix 1/72 hawk 100. To keep it in good company, there's an italeri 1/72 F-5E coming with it.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"