My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Another Hasegawa 1:72 Panzer V Panther Ausf. G (the vintage standard kit) as a conversion basis.

Old Wombat

Italeri Bugatti Royal Coupe Napoleon

This boxing.

Something about it caught my eye & the price was good, so ... Yeah, a car.

I'm going to have to figure out how to build them properly, soon, I think. There's a nest of them growing in the stash.

According to the Italeri site it's a discontinued line & this one's still in the plastic wrap.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

From eBay

3 x 30cm, 4.5mm O.D. x 0.225mm Brass tubeing. I intended to use this for the exhaust of my BAe Hawk 100 series kits as the plastic part looks way too thick. However my measurements were off a little so I need to get some 5mm O.D. tube  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 28, 2021, 02:45:54 AM

This boxing.

I'm going to have to figure out how to build them properly, soon, I think. There's a nest of them growing in the stash.

According to the Italeri site it's a discontinued line & this one's still in the plastic wrap.

Ooh nice.  I've built this kit and i've been looking out for another.  It's dated but builds up well.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2021, 04:28:51 AM

This boxing.

Ooh nice.  I've built this kit and i've been looking out for another.  It's dated but builds up well.

Good to know, Fred! Thanks! :thumbsup:

scooter

This boxing.

So, are you going to hunt down an appropriate scale figure of Bonaparte to stand next to it?  :wacko: :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

McColm

I managed to get a second 1/72 Sikorsky HH-3E,  this time it's the Revell example. Found deep down in the bargain bin.

NARSES2

This boxing.

Gorgeous  :thumbsup: Can you imagine the lifestyle you would have been living if you'd have owned one back in the day. Mind you only 3 of the 7 made were sold. (yes I did have to look it up  ;))
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

The one kitted was apparently the personal car of Jean Bugatti & was the prototype for the "production" model.

JayBee

Just recieved from the Big H, ClearProp Douglas XA2D-1 Skyshark.

A superbly boxed kit.  :thumbsup:
I have not even opened the plastic bags holding the sprues but I have noted that you get two canopies one open and one closed.

Have a look at the bottom right hand side of the box lid in the picture, it says EARLY VERSION.
Oh Ye Gods what are they going to give us next?

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

The Wooksta!

Just arrived via ebay:

Odds & Ordnance Hunter T-bird.  Interestingly, this is the export model, with the two cannon.  Naturally, it will end up as an RAF one, still with two cannon, and with probably the bigger bore Avon.  Had I not overdosed on Hunter T.12s in 16 sqn markings some years back, I'd be tempted with them.  May go with 4 sqn instead.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on June 28, 2021, 08:28:14 AM
Just recieved from the Big H, ClearProp Douglas XA2D-1 Skyshark.

A superbly boxed kit.  :thumbsup:
I have not even opened the plastic bags holding the sprues but I have noted that you get two canopies one open and one closed.

Have a look at the bottom right hand side of the box lid in the picture, it says EARLY VERSION.
Oh Ye Gods what are they going to give us next?

I was very tempted with that Jim, even though I've built the Anigrand kit, but noted that they'd boxed this as the advanced version with all the etch etc and decided to wait and see if they come out with a Standard boxing (they normally have two boxings). I've built a couple of their kits and they are superb, but I can't really do the advanced boxings justice.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay Fairy, another 1/48 Trumpeter F-105D and some Eduard RAF fabric seat belts.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Pellson

Off Evilbay - a bag of very random armament, fuel tanks and pylons. Looking at the pics, it was quite hard to discern what really was included, but as I could see a few Super 530's and the odd MICA missile, I decided to take a chance on it. And I think it turned out well. Sorting it, I found loads of useful stuff, not least a good number of ECM pods and about twice the number of French missiles than I anticipated. Well chuffed, I am.

Some things, however, are a bit of a mystery. What is this, f.i? The white thing, looking like something half bomb, half missile. And there's 24 of them.
I put it next to a Sidewinder for scale.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Knightflyer

Wow, that is a haul! Only the top half of the picture showed at first and I saw nothing particularly special ...... then I scrolled down !!!  ;D :thumbsup: ;D :thumbsup:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(