My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on June 29, 2021, 10:16:32 AM

Some things, however, are a bit of a mystery. What is this, f.i? The white thing, looking like something half bomb, half missile. And there's 24 of them.

Could be AGM-69 SRAMs, especially if you got 24 of them (three bay loadout on a B-1B, 8 per rotary launcher)
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

AeroplaneDriver

I see some good stuff in that haul!  Kormorans...Durandals...good stuff.  As for the mystery munition...looks too small/skinny for a SRAM.  Almost like a poor representation of a Rockeye CBU..?
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

ASRAM is my bet, Advanced Short Range Air-to-air Missile

Looks about the right size and shape, but I could also be wrong.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Thanks, lads, but I'm still not convinced. The AGM-69 seems to be fatter and generally bigger.  For the rest, see below.

From the top:
- Sidewinder
- ASRAAM
- Rockeye
- Mystery munition.

All in 1/72.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Pass, sorry  :banghead:

Your correct though, an AGM-69 is way bigger.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Mystery munition??   This is an opportunity not a problem. Spackman's second law applies.  Use the backstory to define the munition however you wish.  Is it, for instance, missile developed by  Pellson Ingenjörsvetenskap Aktie Bolag?   PIAB are (perhaps) a secretive Swedish defence organisation  with links to Whiffery Engineering  PLC in the UK.   
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

You could start a small war with that lot!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on June 29, 2021, 01:14:35 PM
Mystery munition??   This is an opportunity not a problem. Spackman's second law applies.  Use the backstory to define the munition however you wish.  Is it, for instance, missile developed by  Pellson Ingenjörsvetenskap Aktie Bolag?   PIAB are (perhaps) a secretive Swedish defence organisation  with links to Whiffery Engineering  PLC in the UK.

You do have a point, but I'm still awfully curious to what it really was supposed to represent. As one is, I suppose.  ;)

rickshaw

Quote from: Pellson on June 29, 2021, 02:02:28 PM
Quote from: Rheged on June 29, 2021, 01:14:35 PM

You do have a point, but I'm still awfully curious to what it really was supposed to represent. As one is, I suppose.  ;)

You are now condemned to pour through books, to spend hours on Google Images, trying to identify it...   :wacko: :wacko:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Pellson on June 29, 2021, 12:06:47 PM
Thanks, lads, but I'm still not convinced. The AGM-69 seems to be fatter and generally bigger.  For the rest, see below.

From the top:
- Sidewinder
- ASRAAM
- Rockeye
- Mystery munition.

All in 1/72.

My bet is that these are leftover HVARs from the Airfix/Heller A-1 Skyraider, probably from two kits.
They are VERY fat for what they are supposed to be, but size and shape on the pics fit as well as the white plastic and the attachment slot.  ;)

I used them under a Saab Lansen some time ago as training missiles:

1:72 Saab A 32A ,,Lansen", aircraft ,29' of the Swedish Air Force Försökscentralen during camouflage trials; Malmslätt, Sweden, 1970 (Whif/Heller kit conversion) - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

1:72 Saab A 32A ,,Lansen", aircraft ,29' of the Swedish Air Force Försökscentralen during camouflage trials; Malmslätt, Sweden, 1970 (Whif/Heller kit conversion) - WiP
by Dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Pellson

Yup, that looks really close. And a bit disappointing.  ;D
I think I'll have to do something more serious about it, applying Spackmans 2nd law, because using these as rockets.... Nah..

Looking at it from a French perspective, it seems they're too big to be BAP100/BAT120's. I dug out the HobbyBoss Jaguar A I bought just for the load included, which is awesome (re the aircraft itself, I don't know. The canopy seems to be too wide, but..)

Anyway - looking at the included set of BAT/BAP's, our ex-mystery munition seems reasonably shaped to pack up like the BAT/BAP's, so maybe a French equivalent to the Brimstone missiles?

From the top:
- Durandal (got 4 in the haul)
- Brimstone
- Ex-mystery munition
- BAP100/BAT120 (the three-pack on the sprue)

This just got really intriguing, methinks..  ;)

Thanks a lot for putting me out of the misery anyway, Thomas. Much appreciated!  :wub:
Oh - I obviously had to look over that Lansen again. It's a beauty!

Dizzyfugu

Thank you, glad to help. There's another Heller Lansen in The Stash™ to be whiffed some day into a fictional J32E...

PR19_Kit

Oooooh Lansens!  :wub: :wub:

Be still my beating heart! I just ADORE the look of the Lansen, but I've only evert built one, and that was decades ago.

I really ought to do a few more of them, perhaps with different engines or longer wings...............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2021, 03:46:31 AM
Oooooh Lansens!  :wub: :wub:

Be still my beating heart! I just ADORE the look of the Lansen, but I've only evert built one, and that was decades ago.

I really ought to do a few more of them, perhaps with different engines or longer wings...............  ;)

Or "different engines AND longer wings"! ;D ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu