My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 30, 2021, 04:07:44 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2021, 03:46:31 AM
Oooooh Lansens!  :wub: :wub:

Be still my beating heart! I just ADORE the look of the Lansen, but I've only evert built one, and that was decades ago.

I really ought to do a few more of them, perhaps with different engines or longer wings...............  ;)

Or "different engines AND longer wings"! ;D ;D ;D

Why not?  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today from the big yellow H

1 x 1/72 Modelsvit Su-17M3

1 x 1/72 SAC T-45A/C Goshawk Landing gear

1 x 1/72 Mark 1 Decals, Ejection seat Warning Triangles

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72326 Northrop F-5 Tiger II Worldwide Collection Pt2

And from High Planes Models

1 Pack HPA072048 Rafael Derby & Darter AAM x 2

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

From Hannants at Colindale yesterday.

Another AZModel Me 109E-3/4/7 Joypack. 3 full kits in the box, no transfers other than stencil data. I want a second because I've 3 wiffs in mind for my first boxing, but the "Sitzkreig" boxing of their E-3 that I got had 3 fantastic markings choices and I couldn't make my mind up. This means I can now do all 3  :thumbsup:

3 tins of Xtracolor. Unusual for me to get enamels but I could only get the 3 shades I wanted in Xtracolor : RAF Light Med Blue, RAF Dark Med Blue, USAAF Synthetic Haze Blue. The first two are for a kit I have on the go at the moment and the latter is for one of my Recce GB builds.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Ordered & en route from BNA Model World;

1 x Italeri 1/35 20' Military Container (IT6516) - I'm starting to work on collecting a bunch of these for dioramas.
2 x Takom 1/35 US Army M60A1 Main Battle Tank (TAK2132) - It's all Logan's fault!
2 x Tamiya 1/35 British Chieftain Mk.5 Tank (TM 35068) - It's all Logan's fault!
1 x AFV Club 1/35 Centurion Mk.5/2,6 105mm Gun (NATO) (AFV-AF35122) - I'm thinking of blending it with one of my AFV Club RAAC Centurions to make an Australian 105mm gunned version.

I blame Logan (Hartke) for the four models in the middle! One M60 & one Chieftain are going to have their turrets swapped, while the other Chieftain is going to get the other M60's power plant.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 02, 2021, 07:50:26 AM
1 x Italeri 1/35 20' Military Container (IT6516) - I'm starting to work on collecting a bunch of these for dioramas.

Ya know, they could probably squeeze a bunch more in the box than just one conex box.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: scooter on July 02, 2021, 08:16:49 AM

Ya know, they could probably squeeze a bunch more in the box than just one conex box.

Especially for the price but, well, that's how the cookie crumbles, I guess.

I actually have tentative plans for about half-a-dozen of them (both 20' & 40' versions), so there will be more coming my way over time.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 02, 2021, 09:05:36 AM
Quote from: scooter on July 02, 2021, 08:16:49 AM

Especially for the price but, well, that's how the cookie crumbles, I guess.

I actually have tentative plans for about half-a-dozen of them (both 20' & 40' versions), so there will be more coming my way over time.

I was looking for some 1/72 sea-cans on Shapeways, they want C$85 for it (doors do open though) --  changed my mind real quick -----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

AeroplaneDriver

From the eBay fairy, Revellogram 1/72 SR-71. Finally found at a good price because I just want it for some parts for a Star Wars universe ship project I've had planned for a while. I think all the main parts have been picked up now and It looks like I will only have to go into work 3 more days this month so I think there will be some bench days avoiding the summer heat ahead.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Martin H

Two very large boxes arrived yesterday, within 5 hours of each other while I was sleeping off a night shift.

Each contained a single new tool Airfix Vulcan..........................
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

McColm

1/72 Airfix Westland Lynx Mk8 secondhand from a charity shop.

Gondor

From eBay

3 x 30cm, 5mm O.D. x 0.45mm Brass tubeing. The correct size to use for the exhaust of my BAe Hawk 100 series kits as the plastic part looks way too thick.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

2 x Takom 1/35 US Army M60A1 Main Battle Tank (TAK2132) - It's all Logan's fault!
2 x Tamiya 1/35 British Chieftain Mk.5 Tank (TM 35068) - It's all Logan's fault!
1 x AFV Club 1/35 Centurion Mk.5/2,6 105mm Gun (NATO) (AFV-AF35122) - I'm thinking of blending it with one of my AFV Club RAAC Centurions to make an Australian 105mm gunned version.

I blame Logan (Hartke) for the four models in the middle! One M60 & one Chieftain are going to have their turrets swapped, while the other Chieftain is going to get the other M60's power plant.

I hope Logan gets his commission through ok ?  ;)

I'd naively assumed the Australian Centurions were 105mm gun versions. I assume from your plans they were in fact 20pdr ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Just arrived yesterday, purchased on Facebook:

1/350 HobbyBoss Soviet Alfa class SSN
1/72 Special Hobby F-86K Sabre Dog
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*