My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 03, 2021, 05:29:22 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 02, 2021, 07:50:26 AM
1 x AFV Club 1/35 Centurion Mk.5/2,6 105mm Gun (NATO) (AFV-AF35122) - I'm thinking of blending it with one of my AFV Club RAAC Centurions to make an Australian 105mm gunned version.

I'd naively assumed the Australian Centurions were 105mm gun versions. I assume from your plans they were in fact 20pdr ?

Yep, 20pdrs.  The 105mm gun (Mk.5/2) upgrade wasn't undertaken because the RAAC didn't expect to be encountering any tanks (i.e. T-55s) which would require it, & the extra weight and cost wasn't considered worth it.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Nick

I spent a very good afternoon with brother Narses at Hendon on Thursday. We enjoyed a wander of the redesigned RAF Museum and mooched around Hannants, followed by several pints in the Beaufort pub next door.

The RAF supplied me with a pair of masks ;D
https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/face-mask-spitfire.html
https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/face-mask-second-world-war.html

I left Hannants with the 1/72 Revell Boxer GTFz A1 AFV. There's something about that angular boxy shape that says 'Sci-fi Armor'. That or I go crazy with a Union Flag design  :wacko:

PR19_Kit

I like the WWII 'oxygen' face mask.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 03, 2021, 07:56:25 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 03, 2021, 05:29:22 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on July 02, 2021, 07:50:26 AM
1 x AFV Club 1/35 Centurion Mk.5/2,6 105mm Gun (NATO) (AFV-AF35122) - I'm thinking of blending it with one of my AFV Club RAAC Centurions to make an Australian 105mm gunned version.

I'd naively assumed the Australian Centurions were 105mm gun versions. I assume from your plans they were in fact 20pdr ?

Yep, 20pdrs.  The 105mm gun (Mk.5/2) upgrade wasn't undertaken because the RAAC didn't expect to be encountering any tanks (i.e. T-55s) which would require it, & the extra weight and cost wasn't considered worth it.

Cheers mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 03, 2021, 12:42:35 PM
I like the WWII 'oxygen' face mask.  :thumbsup:

I got a nice simple one with small Spitfire silhouettes on it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

I find it amusing that face masks are becoming "fashion accessories". ;D :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Nick on July 03, 2021, 10:38:14 AM
I spent a very good afternoon with brother Narses at Hendon on Thursday. We enjoyed a wander of the redesigned RAF Museum and mooched around Hannants, followed by several pints in the Beaufort pub next door.

The RAF supplied me with a pair of masks ;D
https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/face-mask-spitfire.html
https://www.rafmuseumshop.com/face-mask-second-world-war.html

I left Hannants with the 1/72 Revell Boxer GTFz A1 AFV. There's something about that angular boxy shape that says 'Sci-fi Armor'. That or I go crazy with a Union Flag design  :wacko:

That sounds a splendid day!   Agreed on the Boxer for sci-fi armour too. 

My latest acquisition...I dont normally post until a purchase arrives but I'm excited anough about the Silver Cloud Avro 720 I just ordered from Freightdog to post it early! 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

A Trumpeter 1:72 "Ariette" MBT, seems to be a new kit. I bought it out of curiosity, as a lighter alternative to the recently bought Trumpeter Chieftain II for the (new) Scottish Army...  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 05, 2021, 12:18:16 AM
A Trumpeter 1:72 "Ariette" MBT, seems to be a new kit. I bought it out of curiosity, as a lighter alternative to the recently bought Trumpeter Chieftain II for the (new) Scottish Army...  ;D

Scotland would be more likely to go down the AMX/Leclerc route I would have thought, what with the Auld Alliance and all  ;)

The Wooksta!

Uncle Frank had the Xtradecal Meteor sheet I was waiting for - there's an Acklington 2 APS option on it I wanted, plus one of the simplified Airfix Spitfire Vc starter kits. The latter is rather nice, just needs a bulkhead behind the seat.

I'm  thinking Portuguese or perhaps Norwegian markings over standard RAF colours.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Got a Revell 1:72 Leclerc MBT via ev!lbay for just EUR 9,-. In consider mating the turret with a Leopard 2 chassis, as this was recently proposed/shown as a demonstrator for a potential next-generation European MBT ("EMBT-2") with little development costs:

nighthunter

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 06, 2021, 05:21:57 AM
Got a Revell 1:72 Leclerc MBT via ev!lbay for just EUR 9,-. In consider mating the turret with a Leopard 2 chassis, as this was recently proposed/shown as a demonstrator for a potential next-generation European MBT ("EMBT-2") with little development costs:

At least that will have 5 gears forward and just 2 in reverse, instead of the Leclerc with 2 forward gears and 5 reverse 😜😂
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Gondor

Finally got my latest package from Hannants

And that's the latest copy of the IPMS magazine wich arrived today as well for scale  ;D

The contents

3 x 1/72 Airfix New Tool Vulcan B.2

1 x 1/72 Blackbird Models BMD72044 RAF Post War Pt2 decals for several different aircraft types

1 x Xtradecal X72265 Handley-Page Victor Collection

1 x Xtradecal X72271 Handley-Page Victor B.Mk.2 SR.Mk2 Collection

And no the last two are not going on these Vulcan's

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

I can see myself building such a Vulcan, in particular after the very nice Valiant experience.

I wonder if the old Vulcans nose will fit on a Tu-16, though...  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!