My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steel Penguin

I slipped and fell of the wargame wagon  2 boxes from my local GW ( warhammer) store  a set of celestian sacresants  or mace and spear armed sisters of battle  I want the spears for a space Viking army  and the special edition daemonifuge set,
and what I went in for a pack of 20 d6 with the fleur du leys on
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Nick

Picked up my latest order from Hannants yesterday.

1/72 Argentine Avros decal sheet from Blackbird Models. Ideal for my Shackleton build.

1/144 Miniwing
RQ-4 Global Hawk with NASA markings.
MQ-9 Reaper in Customs and Border Patrol markings. Includes tiny bombs for hitting those pesky maple syrup smugglers...

Old Wombat

Waiting to be picked up at the Post Office on the way to work;

2 x DioArt 1/35 Future Zombie Apocalypse Signs, Poster, Newspapers (full colour, 2 sheets) (DIO-292) - for post-apocalyptic dioramas
1 x DioArt 1/35 Modern Leopard Tank White Silhouette Decal for Rear Car Window (self adhesive vinyl) (DIO-108) - for my car window
1 x Border Model 1/35 British Cruiser Tank MK.VI Crusader MK.III (BORDER-BT-012) - either RAM or RAAC Asia/Pacific Theatre WW2
1 x MiniArt Models 1/35 Austin Armoured Car 3rd Series: Czechoslovak, Russian, Soviet Service [Interior Kit] (MA39007) - to be built as Czech OoB
1 x Trumpeter Models 1/35 ASLAV-25 Reconnaissance Vehicle w/Royal Australian Air Force Decal (TR 00392RAAF) - probably a straight build but as RAM
2 x Italeri Models 1/35 20' Military Container (IT6516) - yep, more for dio's
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

Meng kids model of a B-17 at a garage sale. $22 kit for $0.50. Only one part missing but I would use it for whiff parts anyway.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: Steel Penguin on July 11, 2021, 06:24:14 AM
I slipped and fell of the wargame wagon  2 boxes from my local GW ( warhammer) store 

You are obviously a member of the inner circle ? Last couple of times I've been to my local store the lazy so and so's either haven't been open yet, at midday, or have gone to lunch, at 3:00pm.  :angry: All I want is a couple of paints. I'll try again Thursday lunchtime, around  12:30, and what's the betting if I can get in they haven't got what I want  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 11, 2021, 06:58:37 PM

1 x Border Model 1/35 British Cruiser Tank MK.VI Crusader MK.III (BORDER-BT-012) - either RAM or RAAC Asia/Pacific Theatre WW2
1 x MiniArt Models 1/35 Austin Armoured Car 3rd Series: Czechoslovak, Russian, Soviet Service [Interior Kit] (MA39007) - to be built as Czech OoB

Particularly like  the sound of those two  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Courtesy of a tax refund, Uncle Frank was relieved of an Airfix Buccaneer S2B.  That'll do for my small Cold War Hot theme, for which I already have one with the Freightdog WE177 conversion, I'm hoping AiM do some trolleys for WE177s at some point and I'm waiting for a new tool Airfix Vulcan.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 12, 2021, 05:56:22 AM

Particularly like  the sound of those two  :thumbsup:

They both look pretty good in the box ..... With the exception of the tracks of the Crusader. They are terrifying! :o

Each really small link has two tiny plastic pins to connect it to the next really small link, & there are (I think) 117 of them per side! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

There are a couple of length sections but they are for the bottom runs & are dead flat, I'm not sure they're going to be much help. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Steel Penguin

Narses.  I would say double check the opening times, as I know in the past when it was a one man store my local store only opened on certain days, when I asked why the manager shrugged and said when they opened 7 days a week they got so little / no  footfall on come days, that it wasn't worth opening...  :banghead:  but I cant say that its wrong
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

nighthunter

Acquired from a friend on FB:

2× 1/144 Weapons sets
2× 1/144 F-101A Voodoos
1× 1/144 PBY-5A Catalina
1× 1/144 Boeing 737-800 (FINALLY NOT A -400!!!!!)

Also soon to be on the way from that Same Friend won at auction:

1/72 Fokker D.VII (To be turned into a Boeing S-7 USAAS)
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Nick on July 11, 2021, 12:59:48 PM
1/144 Miniwing
RQ-4 Global Hawk with NASA markings.
MQ-9 Reaper in Customs and Border Patrol markings. Includes tiny bombs for hitting those pesky maple syrup smugglers...

I thought Canucks were always blameless....
Keeper of George the Cat.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 12, 2021, 05:55:30 AM
I slipped and fell of the wargame wagon  2 boxes from my local GW ( warhammer) store 

You are obviously a member of the inner circle ? Last couple of times I've been to my local store the lazy so and so's either haven't been open yet, at midday, or have gone to lunch, at 3:00pm.  :angry: All I want is a couple of paints. I'll try again Thursday lunchtime, around  12:30, and what's the betting if I can get in they haven't got what I want  :-\

My local one opens odd hours, 11-5 or 6 depending on the day, with a late night sometimes. I never quite know when though and I always seem to go when it's shut.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

...MiniArt Models 1/35 Austin Armoured Car 3rd Series: Czechoslovak, Russian, Soviet Service [Interior Kit] (MA39007) - to be built as Czech OoB...

I'm tempted by these.  I can picture one with WW2 wheels and tyres (Tamiya LRDG Chevy?) and weapons.  Caunter scheme of course.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on July 13, 2021, 02:00:25 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 12, 2021, 05:55:30 AM

My local one opens odd hours, 11-5 or 6 depending on the day, with a late night sometimes. I never quite know when though and I always seem to go when it's shut.

I did check the hours posted on the door but they'd changed them without changing the poster on the door. Then when I phoned and got the new hours they'd decided to have a late lunch which they hadn't posted or mentioned to me  :banghead: As said I will try again on Thursday.

Don't get me wrong I can understand tailoring hours to suit your customers, although I don't see how it saves that much, all I'm asking is at least keep to the hours you've posted.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2021, 08:10:18 AM

They both look pretty good in the box ..... With the exception of the tracks of the Crusader. They are terrifying! :o

Each really small link has two tiny plastic pins to connect it to the next really small link, & there are (I think) 117 of them per side! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

There are a couple of length sections but they are for the bottom runs & are dead flat, I'm not sure they're going to be much help. :-\

That's the main reason that whilst I've been tempted by some 1/35 armour I've not bitten the bullet and bought any. Tracks like that would be beyond me  :-\