My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Just go for an older model kit with vinyl tracks.  ;)

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 14, 2021, 12:02:38 AM

Or build armoured cars.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on July 14, 2021, 03:52:01 AM

Or build armoured cars.

Or even aeroplanes.........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 13, 2021, 06:05:30 AM

That's the main reason that whilst I've been tempted by some 1/35 armour I've not bitten the bullet and bought any. Tracks like that would be beyond me  :-\

Or build armoured cars.

Or build it without the tracks, missing road wheels, and covered in rust and graffiti.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

True. At least we have the adhesives to deal with them now unlike back in the 60's when I'd get my mum to sew them together for me  ;D

Or build armoured cars.

Must admit there have been so many released recently I've been tempted
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

The AZ P 40 E, Kittyhawk Mk IA and KP Seafire Mk IB I ordered from the Big H on Sunday arrived this morning.

The P 40's look nice, little bit of flash on some parts but now't a sharp blade won't deal with in a few seconds. The Seafire looks very nice. Loads of unused parts on the sprues including fuselage halves as they give you a new sprue for the Seafire bits which includes complete fuselage halves. I'll be building these as "time fillers" whilst I'm working on more complicated builds and there's some down time whilst bits dry/glue sets etc.

The Seafire also surprises in that the instructions are in colour
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

Howard of Effingham

Rehomed from the Paint Rack

1/72 PM DFS-194
1/72 Airfix Hawk T1 'NHS Charities Together' boxing.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 14, 2021, 05:46:05 AM

True. At least we have the adhesives to deal with them now unlike back in the 60's when I'd get my mum to sew them together for me  ;D

Or build armoured cars.

Must admit there have been so many released recently I've been tempted

Get a tracked vehicle with full-length side skirts and you don't really have to worry about track-sag, since nobody can see the top run anyway.

On wheeled AFVs, bear in mind that some of the 6x6 and 8x8 designs have ferociously complicated chassis, drive train and suspension, all of which some model companies lovingly replicate in every detail, and which can make you wish for the simplicity of tracks... (some even do it in 1/72nd!) Worth having a look for a build review before taking the plunge.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Weaver on July 14, 2021, 06:58:45 AM
On wheeled AFVs, bear in mind that some of the 6x6 and 8x8 designs have ferociously complicated chassis, drive train and suspension, all of which some model companies lovingly replicate in every detail, and which can make you wish for the simplicity of tracks... (some even do it in 1/72nd!) Worth having a look for a build review before taking the plunge.

Yeah, get a Bundeswehr Luchs 8x8 recce tank in any scale and curse the day you had the idea to build a military vehicle...

rickshaw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 14, 2021, 07:11:25 AM

Yeah, get a Bundeswehr Luchs 8x8 recce tank in any scale and curse the day you had the idea to build a military vehicle...

Just leave the invisible stuff off.  Saves time and energy and mental anguish... :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Nick

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 14, 2021, 07:11:25 AM

*Looks at Revell's 1/72 Boxer and nods furiously in agreement*   :wacko:

NARSES2

After reading a lot of these recent comments I think I'll stick to aeroplanes  ;D ;)

No seriously gents, thank you, some good advice here  :thumbsup:

Dizzyfugu

Well, you could turn to biplanes and relish the joys of rigging...  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 15, 2021, 12:06:08 AM
After reading a lot of these recent comments I think I'll stick to aeroplanes  ;D ;)

No seriously gents, thank you, some good advice here  :thumbsup:

Check out 1/48 armour.  A more limited range but they take up less shelf space and all (in my stash anyway) have link & length tracks.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..