My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Model Alliance Decals: Photo Reconnaisance Spitfires Part III - 8 Griffon Engine Schemes

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 21, 2021, 08:57:35 AM
Quote from: Nick on July 21, 2021, 07:35:51 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 21, 2021, 05:53:54 AM
With 304(!) parts?!  :o

The Airfix Shackleton has 242 parts. That includes a full interior, multiple choices for flaps and bomb bay doors, 32 separate prop blades and several aerials!

It must be the weapons included and that each seat in the IL-102 has 23 parts  :o
https://vvsmodelling.com/2020/04/27/aa-models-172-ilyushin-il-102-build-article/

One engine nacelle has eight parts, for most of which you don't see ---  :o

Yep, the box is bulging with styrene (and PE).  It's the aircraft equivalent of Takom 1/35 armour.
Instruction book is very nicely printed on glossy paper.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

Received from Hobbies 24/7 via eBay

1 pack Evergreen Plain 0.010in 0.25mm white plastic card

1 pack Evergreen Plain 0.040in 1mm white plastic card

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 19, 2021, 05:04:20 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 17, 2021, 08:14:35 AM
Another Airfix Spitfire Vc, the full kit this time, not the starter one.  I think it'll cross kit with the mk IX to do a later Vc with the narrow gun blisters.  Which means the Vc uppers on the IX to do an early IXc.

So you've already got one of the new quick build/starter kits, Lee?  Haven't seen one (only in the Red Arrows Hawk/Spitfire double boxing) - not even a review.  If so, what's it like?

My daily read the I is running a competition on Saturday where the prizes will be 1 of 372 of the new Spitfire starter kits. Just incase any one fancies their luck ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Hard copy and online, Chris, or only if one buys the paper?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 16, 2021, 05:38:32 AM
Yup. Spray them (black for Cyberpunk, copper or brass for Steampunk) and them as functional props to cosplayers.  ;)

Already did one of each (from an earlier box) for a friend - he was happy, I had some good practice, so all good.  :thumbsup:
Now I have to get my act together and do some Aliens-inspired ones for me...

Rick Lowe

Quote from: scooter on July 16, 2021, 06:04:53 AM

If you do spray paint for cyber\steam\dieselpunk, leave at least a 1-2 inch band of orange muzzle (or the whole thing, depending on the pistol) unpainted.  I've done that with all the NERF rifles I've done.

Good advice, thanks for the tip.  :thumbsup:

Gondor

received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby "Duo Pack & Book" AJ-37/SK-37 Viggen

Gondor

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 22, 2021, 08:30:12 AM

Doesn't say. Today's edition just says "In Tomorrow's I Weekend". So definitely in the paper edition. Afraid I don't get one on a Saturday
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 23, 2021, 05:32:21 AM

Doesn't say. Today's edition just says "In Tomorrow's I Weekend". So definitely in the paper edition. Afraid I don't get one on a Saturday

I sometimes get the w/e edition............more to follow tomorrow.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2021, 06:41:45 AM
My daily read the I is running a competition on Saturday where the prizes will be 1 of 372 of the new Spitfire starter kits. Just incase any one fancies their luck ?

Entered the competition yet, Chris?
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Dizzyfugu

From ev!lbay again, a Dragon 1/72 5.5cm Zwilling Flakpanzer (on a Panther chassis) for a reasonable price.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on July 24, 2021, 01:37:29 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2021, 06:41:45 AM

Entered the competition yet, Chris?

Nope. I don't get the paper on a Saturday and I certainly wasn't going out in the rain this morning to get it. Ordered a couple of other kits from the Big H instead  ;D

Rheged

Quote from: Rheged on July 23, 2021, 11:26:41 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 23, 2021, 05:32:21 AM

I sometimes get the w/e edition............more to follow tomorrow.

Didn't get to the dhop until late afternoon............all copies sold out.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

nighthunter

Got a 1/72 Encore Su-35 Super Flanker, gonna make it Razgriz Sqn.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*