My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Well, it's IMHO rather primitive (and in parts really crude, esp. the engraved panel lines on the wings...), but affordable and easy to modify. Already wrote up a suitable background story, just the hardware has been missing.  ;)

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 29, 2021, 01:15:21 AM
Well, it's IMHO rather primitive (and in parts really crude, esp. the engraved panel lines on the wings...), but affordable and easy to modify. Already wrote up a suitable background story, just the hardware has been missing.  ;)

Can't be as bad as the Matchbox version

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

It is the Matchbox kit, in all its gore and glory.  :rolleyes:

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on July 29, 2021, 02:42:03 AM
It is the Matchbox kit, in all its gore and glory.  :rolleyes:

Oh fun.. :rolleyes:

I have an original in my stash.... somewhere  :unsure:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on July 29, 2021, 02:39:17 AM

Gondor

You grumpy old pricks! I LIKE the old Matchbox kits, ditches, canals and all  ;)

Yes, there are better kits out there, but I really enjoyed building mine. It was far better than Airfix horrendous SMB2 at least, but even that turned out ok, given my limited skill and ambition. And I even have a 2nd SMB2 for two-seater conversion. Now, THAT's masochistic, if nothing else..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

Quote from: Pellson on July 29, 2021, 03:00:10 AM

Gondor

You grumpy old pricks! I LIKE the old Matchbox kits, ditches, canals and all  ;)

Yes, there are better kits out there, but I really enjoyed building mine. It was far better than Airfix horrendous SMB2 at least, but even that turned out ok, given my limited skill and ambition. And I even have a 2nd SMB2 for two-seater conversion. Now, THAT's masochistic, if nothing else..

So I Googled SMB2 Matchbox.... and the first image was from one of Dizzyfugu's whiffs! Most of them were!  ;D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/dizzyfugu/12047700876

Dizzyfugu

Ah, my Mystère IVN conversion - based on a real all-weather project that only achieved prototype status.  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on July 29, 2021, 03:00:10 AM

Gondor

For some real masochism try one of the Chinese knock off Mystère IVs.  They look like a Matchbox kit but for some Chinese writing on the front.  Inside you will find very soft detail, missing female location points or male on both sides (no excess flash though), rub down transfers, instructions in Chinese (but otherwise a straight copy of the Matchbox sheet) and a very tiny tube of glue.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Oh, that sounds like fun... Reminds me of a fake Trumpeter F-16 I came across a while ago, but I was not aware of a Mystère of that kind.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 29, 2021, 03:28:37 AM
rub down transfers, i

Now there's a memory from the past. I think I've only seen those in a kit once, maybe twice ? Used to get them as flags/standards for wargamming purposes though and I used some Sasanian ones for a Sasanian T-62 tank I once did, complete with a commander in the turret in full 5th Century General's gear  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I had one.  I didn't even bother trying to build it.  It went straight into the parts pile.
They also ripped off the Matchbox Wessex and A-10.  Wessex was buildable, A-10 might have been but I used it for parts.  I think i've also seen some of the 1/76 armour kits ripped off too.
Given the elevated price Matchbox kits go for on Evil-Bay it pays to be carefull and study the photos.  Look for Chinese script on the box tops.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 29, 2021, 05:03:24 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 29, 2021, 03:28:37 AM
rub down transfers, i

Now there's a memory from the past. I think I've only seen those in a kit once, maybe twice ? Used to get them as flags/standards for wargamming purposes though and I used some Sasanian ones for a Sasanian T-62 tank I once did, complete with a commander in the turret in full 5th Century General's gear  ;D

I've got an Airfix EE. Lightning with them ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

Currently awaiting a 3d printed Miles 52 from a new outfit called Gannett Scale Models who will be concentrating on unbuilt RAF projects. Photos of the kit on Facebook look fantastic.

There's another kit in with it but I won't reveal anything until I get it on the bench.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received this morning from eBay

1 x Evergreen pack 234 7/16" Tube which closer to the exhaust tubes of the new Airfix Vulcan so these will bve used rather than scratch building parts.

Also

From Aerocraft Models

DWI Wellington conversion for 1/72 Airfix Wellington Mk.1A/C only it's going onto a Revell Mk.II which will be in D-Day stripes to help clear the way to the beaches

Gondor

Steel Penguin

from a trip into brum. 
an Airfix 1:48 sea harrier  to replace the one that got dropped.
an Amusing Hobby 1:35 Centurion AVRE   as its both a classic tank, and an AVRE  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!