My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: Gondor on July 30, 2021, 04:22:57 AM

From Aerocraft Models

DWI Wellington conversion for 1/72 Airfix Wellington Mk.1A/C only it's going onto a Revell Mk.II which will be in D-Day stripes to help clear the way to the beaches

I like the sound of that one!
Keeper of George the Cat.

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on July 30, 2021, 04:22:57 AM

Also

From Aerocraft Models

DWI Wellington conversion for 1/72 Airfix Wellington Mk.1A/C only it's going onto a Revell Mk.II which will be in D-Day stripes to help clear the way to the beaches

Gondor

Bearing in mind your build speed, why not wait for the Airfix Merlin Wellington and use Revell's kit for spares for your Warwick?

eBay says I've won. Another Tamiya Mosquito FB.6, but lost on the B.IV. my wallet is a bit happier.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on July 30, 2021, 12:30:07 PM

Bearing in mind your build speed, why not wait for the Airfix Merlin Wellington and use Revell's kit for spares for your Warwick?

Naaaa I like the interior of the Airfix Welly so want that as is, the older kit's I whiff. The Warwick has enough material I hope already and is slated to be started in a couple of years if I manage to get another few projects out of the way first.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

McColm

Found a 1/72 Airfix Westland Sea King AEW kit in the bargain bin. I hope that the cockpit glazing from the HC.4 fits better than the glazed one.

Gondor

Received today from The Home of Aviation

1 x 1/72 Airfix North American Mitchell Mk.II Bought as I liked what was being done to one on Britmodeller where the builder has swapped the ventral Bendex Turret for an FN64.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

after selling some of the unwanted RPG and Wargaming stuff,  came back with 2 boxes of GW sisters of battle and the statue / building pack.  and as all were 2nd hand got them for 1?2 price  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Old Wombat

Should be en route from BNA Model World tomorrow:

1 x Master Box 1/35 Post-apocalyptic Fiction - Desert Battle Skull Clan - Long-distance Raid Kit No.2 (MB 35214) - relatively realistic PA figure for future PA diorama
1 x Master Box 1/35 Post-apocalyptic Desert Battle - Skull Clan Long-distance Raid Kit Vol.4 (MB 35216) - relatively realistic PA figure for future PA diorama
2 x AFV Club 1/35 Workable Track Link for US Water Buffalo, LVT (AFV-AF35226) - for future LVT-4 & LVT(A)-4 builds
1 x Meng Models 1/35 Israeli Heavy Armoured Personnel Carrier Namer (MENG-SS018) - OH, MY GOD, YES!!!! :party: :tank: :party:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sandiego89

1/72 Farmer
1/72 Delfin, Czech
1/72 Scankit Mercedes truck- good for dioramas.
1/48 Monogram F-104, is it too late to mail in for my free T-Shirt?  ;)

All on the bargain shelf at my local hobby shop

Does anyone know the kit manufacturer of the Farmer Mig-19?  Lion symbol (with Arabic?) and characters I can not read??   Gotta love those East Germany and Cuban markings!  The MiG-19 seems under whiffed on here, remember Dizzy's and a few others.   

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 01, 2021, 11:19:55 AM

The MiG-19 seems under whiffed on here, remember Dizzy's and a few others.   

Maybe because the most common 1/72 kit, the KP one, is plagued with ZILLIONS of auxiliary intakes all over the fuselage, every one a separate piece which has to be glued on!  :banghead:

I never finished the one I had, some yonks ago now.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

1/72 Farmer
1/72 Delfin, Czech
1/72 Scankit Mercedes truck- good for dioramas.
1/48 Monogram F-104, is it too late to mail in for my free T-Shirt?  ;)

All on the bargain shelf at my local hobby shop

Does anyone know the kit manufacturer of the Farmer Mig-19?  Lion symbol (with Arabic?) and characters I can not read??   Gotta love those East Germany and Cuban markings!  The MiG-19 seems under whiffed on here, remember Dizzy's and a few others.   

Great haul!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

1/72 Farmer

It's a 1970 release from Central (Sentraru Mokei) and is apparently very rare ​https://www.scalemates.com/kits/central-sentraru-mokei-ce202-mig-19-farmer-b--145605

https://www.scalemates.com/companies/company.php?id=1301&p=list
Central did some 1/32 1960s race cars and HO:OO tank kits that had wind up motors or converted to slot car racing.
They did just 4 aircraft: A-4D Skyhawk, Mig-19, Mirage IIIC and a Hawker Hunter F.6. It would be interesting to compare your Mig-19 with other kits to see if it is unique to Central or if the moulds turned up under another name like Bandai or Bilek.

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2021, 11:28:16 AM
Maybe because the most common 1/72 kit, the KP one, is plagued with ZILLIONS of auxiliary intakes all over the fuselage, every one a separate piece which has to be glued on!  :banghead:

I never finished the one I had, some yonks ago now.

Kit, a quick review shows a nice fuselage, no excess intakes.  Basic, but very good, crisp mold.  Seems on par with a 1980's Airfix molds or so.  Think I found a nice MiG-19!

Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2021, 12:18:32 PM
It's a 1970 release from Central (Sentraru Mokei) and is apparently very rare ​https://www.scalemates.com/kits/central-sentraru-mokei-ce202-mig-19-farmer-b--145605

It would be interesting to compare your Mig-19 with other kits to see if it is unique to Central or if the moulds turned up under another name like Bandai or Bilek.

[/quote]

Thank you Nick! Had never heard of this brand.  Seems like a make a good buy on the bargain shelf! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

That MiG-19 was also released with a Bandai badge. I initially thought that this was re-boxing/copy of the rivet-laden Heller kit, because of the AA-1s, but it is a separate kit/mold, and it does not look that bad at all.

zenrat

MiG 19s seem hard to find.  I only have one in the stash (ZTS Plastyk/Eastern Express).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 01, 2021, 06:58:30 PM
Kit, a quick review shows a nice fuselage, no excess intakes.  Basic, but very good, crisp mold.  Seems on par with a 1980's Airfix molds or so.  Think I found a nice MiG-19!

...but it is missing all those small intakes altogether.  ;D However, the recent Mistercraft reincarnations of the old KP kits are quite nice - the still have the separate air scoops, but they lost the tons of rivets from the original molds.