My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 01, 2021, 06:58:30 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2021, 11:28:16 AM
Maybe because the most common 1/72 kit, the KP one, is plagued with ZILLIONS of auxiliary intakes all over the fuselage, every one a separate piece which has to be glued on!  :banghead:

I never finished the one I had, some yonks ago now.

Kit, a quick review shows a nice fuselage, no excess intakes.  Basic, but very good, crisp mold.  Seems on par with a 1980's Airfix molds or so.  Think I found a nice MiG-19!

Quote from: Nick on August 01, 2021, 12:18:32 PM
It's a 1970 release from Central (Sentraru Mokei) and is apparently very rare ​https://www.scalemates.com/kits/central-sentraru-mokei-ce202-mig-19-farmer-b--145605

It would be interesting to compare your Mig-19 with other kits to see if it is unique to Central or if the moulds turned up under another name like Bandai or Bilek.

Thank you Nick! Had never heard of this brand.  Seems like a make a good buy on the bargain shelf!

Central was only in business from 1969 to 1972 according to PAK.20 book.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Arrived today from eBay

2 x Pack Evergreen 103 0.010" x 0.060" plastic strip

2 x Pack Evergreen 131 0.030" x 0.030" plastic strip

I wasn't sure how much I would need to skin the roof of a Vulcan bomb bay so I bought two packs of each to go along with what I have in stock already.

Gondor

P.S. That's a 1/72 scale Vulcan Bomb Bay not a 1:1 version  :rolleyes:
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

scooter

Quote from: Gondor on August 02, 2021, 09:22:39 AM

P.S. That's a 1/72 scale Vulcan Bomb Bay not a 1:1 version  :rolleyes:

Fiberglass or aluminum would work better for that anyway  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

nighthunter

Got yesterday from Target (US Retailer)

1/??? Approx 1/160-1/200 Bandai Star Wars Razor Crest, admittedly should have purchased 2, lol! Anywho, there's debate on the Bandai modellers group about the scale and if it's a disappointment due to size. I have a Lego Minifigure scale Razor Crest and I LOVE the smaller Bandai one so far, regardless of scale.

Won on another FB group:

1/72 Heller Dewoitine D.520, fated to be Finnish.

From the same gentleman, working out a deal on these guys:

1/72 Hasegawa Hawker Hurricane Mk.I (Late, BoB)
1/72 Hasegawa Hawker Hurricane Mk.IID "Fox Hunter" which comes with the IIC wings. If I recall correctly, this specific kit got the wrong wings added and there was a big hullabaloo about it, in the community.
Pioneer 1/72 Horten Go-229, to become a RAN Gloster Devilray Mk.3
1/72 Hurri and RAAF/RAN decals
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 01, 2021, 07:53:04 AM
1 x Master Box 1/35 Post-apocalyptic Fiction - Desert Battle Skull Clan - Long-distance Raid Kit No.2 (MB 35214) - relatively realistic PA figure for future PA diorama
1 x Master Box 1/35 Post-apocalyptic Desert Battle - Skull Clan Long-distance Raid Kit Vol.4 (MB 35216) - relatively realistic PA figure for future PA diorama
2 x AFV Club 1/35 Workable Track Link for US Water Buffalo, LVT (AFV-AF35226) - for future LVT-4 & LVT(A)-4 builds
1 x Meng Models 1/35 Israeli Heavy Armoured Personnel Carrier Namer (MENG-SS018) - OH, MY GOD, YES!!!!

These arrived ... yesterday, now.

Only realised as I was putting the kits away (SWMBO must not find out!) that I already had one of the MB 35214 figures.

The LVT tracks look great but terrifying!

The Namer looks to be a beautiful piece of styrene engineering.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 05, 2021, 10:19:58 AM
1 x Master Box 1/35 Post-apocalyptic Fiction - Desert Battle Skull Clan - Long-distance Raid Kit No.2 (MB 35214) - relatively realistic PA figure for future PA diorama
1 x Master Box 1/35 Post-apocalyptic Desert Battle - Skull Clan Long-distance Raid Kit Vol.4 (MB 35216) - relatively realistic PA figure for future PA diorama
2 x AFV Club 1/35 Workable Track Link for US Water Buffalo, LVT (AFV-AF35226) - for future LVT-4 & LVT(A)-4 builds
1 x Meng Models 1/35 Israeli Heavy Armoured Personnel Carrier Namer (MENG-SS018) - OH, MY GOD, YES!!!!

Only realised as I was putting the kits away (SWMBO must not find out!) that I already had one of the MB 35214 figures.

You can never have enough figures.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

The Wooksta!

Snaffled on eBay: Tamiya Mosquito NF.XIII/XVII. Paid a tad more than I would usually, but it's getting harder to find.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Pellson

Swooped up from Evilbay;

- Monogram 1/72 F-105G Thunderchief

- Monogram 1/72 F-4C/D Phantom

- Hasegawa 1/72 P-3C Orion

Cheap, and all from one seller, so saving on freight as well. Pretty happy - in particular those Thuds are getting harder to come by, and I got the Orion really, really cheap.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

AeroplaneDriver

A couple of eBay deliveries this week...

Airfix 1/72 TSR.2-The Manga edition, but also with the parts and decals for standard RAF one.  Must say the Manga cockpit arrangement is...well just bizarre.  It does come with a honking big rocket though with some good whiffery potential. 

Eduard 1/48 Limited Edition Lysander.  I built a version of this kit last year, and it was nothing if not challenging, but I really like the end result and always loved the Lizzie so I couldnt resist this one at a good price.  Usually when they show up on eBay they are ridiculously priced, so when I saw this one for $33 I jumped on it. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Pellson

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on August 05, 2021, 01:56:48 PM
..Must say the Manga cockpit arrangement is...well just bizarre. 

Agree. Having daughters, I'm almost offended. But the rockets are good whif raw material indeed.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Quote from: scooter on August 05, 2021, 11:32:13 AM

You can never have enough figures.

I used to think that. Now? :unsure: ... I'm not so sure. :-\

NARSES2

Only realised as I was putting the kits away (SWMBO must not find out!)

You know she almost certainly knows already  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 06, 2021, 05:10:49 AM

Only realised as I was putting the kits away (SWMBO must not find out!)

You know she almost certainly knows already  :angel:

Nope, or I'd be eyeballs deep in the manky stuff. ;)

The Wooksta!

The Miles 52 I ordered form Gannett Scale Models has arrived and looks just as impressive in the resin. Also included was the 3/10 scale drone launched from a Mosquito.

But even better was the free test shot/prototype for his English Electric P.8. very nice it is too. I'll be putting up a proper review in due course.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Weaver

From Hannants:

Eduard 1/72nd mask set for the Revell Hunter

RAFDec RF7213 decal sheet for 8 x 1/72nd Hunters plus a few miscellaneous squadron badges for other things (presumably to fill space on the sheet)

I got the decal sheet because I want earlier W-range serials for my FR.5, rather than the X-series ones in all the Hunter kits.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones