My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

The Airfix fairy has been and left me a new tool Vulcan.  OOB with just a camouflage change - dark sea grey and dark green wraparound - for XM594. I have the relevant 44 Sqn markings elsewhere.

Just need Neil Gaunt at AIM to do the WE177 trolleys now. Think someone would need to do the bomb bay fuel overload tanks too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Steel Penguin

from the avon show today a 1:72 airfix Tonka, it was going to be a raffle prize for the September  Womborne model show, ( one of several we picked up) but had no instructions, so ill keep it.
a 1:48 dragonbadger ( or is it Badgerdragon) Warrior / tracked Rapier conversion kit, and a 1:35 giant viper trailer
and a second hand 1:35 chally , so I can strip it for the bits that have broken / gone missing from my 30 year old versions and repair them... and then rebuild it into something, maybe a Jagchallenger   :-\
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

Also at the Avon show, a DDP Ford X-1 kit (it's a 1/24 car....) which I've been looking for for over TWENTY years and which I thought was long extinct, but there one was. And now I have it too!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 08, 2021, 01:03:50 PM
Also at the Avon show, a DDP Ford X-1 kit (it's a 1/24 car....) which I've been looking for for over TWENTY years and which I thought was long extinct, but there one was. And now I have it too!  :thumbsup:

Good score!  :thumbsup:

nighthunter

Huzzah!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Howard of Effingham

From a very successful Avon show yesterday

A couple of the new Special Hobby Westland Whirlwinds in 1/72 were the highlights.

More important was the meeting of old friends.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Dizzyfugu

Unexpectedly got a good deal on an ESCI 1:72 Hetzer kit at ev!lbay, to be (most probably) converted into a fictional light recce tank, a SdKfz. 140/1 with a different turret (still have a Luchs resin turret left in store...).

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Martin H

Kit spent the rest of the day drooling over said purchase.

He wouldn't reveal the purchase price bar saying its was very, very expensive...........
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Martin H on August 09, 2021, 05:31:06 AM

Kit spent the rest of the day drooling over said purchase.

He wouldn't reveal the purchase price bar saying its was very, very expensive...........

It was, VERY!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Keeper of George the Cat.

jcf

I thought the DDP resin kit was only released last year?
I want his Howmet TX but it ain't going to happen.

PR19_Kit

It was ANY kit of the X-1 I've been looking for.

There was a conversion set done by a US firm for the Fujimi Mk II kit that was on the market for a short while, but I never found one. I did get their conversion for the Heller Ferrari 512S to convert into Mark Donahue's 512 M though, and that's wonderful.

The DDP kit is the whole thing in resin, minus the engine, but I may graft a Fujimu Mk II 427 engine in there anyway.

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

A Revell 1:72 IAI Kfir (which is a re-boxed Italeri C.7 kit), maybe for the ongoing recce GB.

Dizzyfugu

A cheap Revell 1:144 Spaceship Two/Whiteknight Two combo for the body bank, and a vintage ESCI 1:72 M4 "Calliope" that will  donor its rocket launcher to a fictional German "Taifun" SAM battery from ev!lbay.  :wacko: