My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Awaiting via ebay:

Skybirds Sea Hornet NF21
S&M BAC Lihtning decals
Model Alliance LIghtning T4/T5 decals
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

AeroplaneDriver

After seeing the lovely little Star Warsized MiG-37 on the "Whiffs Found Serving" page I was inspired to do something broadly similar, so today from the eBay Fairy;

Italeri 1/72 MiG-37 Ferret E
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

Hi guys ! Long time no see ! I'll post somat on my blog soon about the goings on.

In the meantime ( other than a load of 200 scale 3D stuff from shapeways :

Aurora box scale B-36. Says 1/184 and a bit of an old dog, but I wanted something to build on the road.
Aurora 1/72 AH-56A Cheyenne. Just something I've always been intrigued by and a model in 70's CAF colours would look great.
Roden 144 scale C-141 Starlifter. Probably end up RAF in the Falklands, in period camo.

I was at the RCAF Museum in Trenton, and spotted a CMK Beaufighter Merlin conversion set. I told myself to grab it or regret it. My only regret was opening it later on that day and realizing it was 1/48 scale lol. $8th scale is no fun to fly around the room, too big. But regardless, I now need a Tamiya 1/48 Beaufighter !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitbasher

Airfix Mossie B.XVI just arrived.

Looks top notch in the box.  Small but comprehensive decal sheet, plus detailed instructions.

Looking forward to the Freightdog sets!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Quote from: Nils on August 16, 2021, 11:18:36 AM
its been a while, but i placed a new online order for new kits:

-Platz 1/144 BAC Lightning F6 (2-pack)
-AFV Club 1/144 F4U Corsair
-Italeri 1/72 Fokker F27
-Special Hobby 1/72 SIAI-MARCHETTI SF-260EA/D/EU (LATE BULGED CANOPY)

Hmmm odd.  I just got one of them today.
2020 mould.  Looks good in the box.  Nice crisp transfers.

SIAI-Marchetti SF-260EA:D:EU Late Bulged Canopy Type by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

The Mosquito is nice but there are some disappointing bits.  The tailwheel is definitely wrong for a XVI, the pilot's seat should not have a cushion - he sat on his parachute - and the pilot himself is tiny.  Not quite sure of the undercarriage as it's handed when AFAIK it's the same on both sides to cut down on different parts. The wire guards on the legs are decidedly over scale and look clunky. And the cutouts for the drogues at the back do need fixing. I think I've a resin piece that may fit, so that may get moulded.

I'm curious to see if the canopy will fit the Tamiya kit so can finish that NF.XV. It also means I can do one with the longer wingtips and the Tamiya canopy as one of the guises of W4050.

Overall, nice but I'm reserving final judgement until it's built. I'll be doing a B.35 as I've some Freightdog decals I've been itching to use for a good decade.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Got home to a largish package from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix Victor K.2/SR.2 which will be an SR.2

This makes four Airfix Victors I have now.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I missed out on one - a mate got to it first.

Anyhow, eBay says I've won the Sword Lightning T-bird I was bidding on.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Big H emailed me to say that two LONG awaited (like 8 months!) kits have arrived and are heading westwards!  :thumbsup:

One of my part completed Whiffs has been waiting for one of these for AGES!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 18, 2021, 05:38:21 AM
Big H emailed me to say that two LONG awaited (like 8 months!) kits have arrived and are heading westwards!  :thumbsup:

One of my part completed Whiffs has been waiting for one of these for AGES!  ;D

You are aware that you've just put us all on needles by not disclosing what exactly is incoming?  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on August 18, 2021, 06:36:07 AM

You are aware that you've just put us all on needles by not disclosing what exactly is incoming?  ;)

That's right, I haven't.  ;D

And there's been no mention of it on here previously either, and I have no WiP pics of it too.  ;) ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Won this past weekend:

Revell 1/72 Morane Saulnier N that will be Americanized
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on August 18, 2021, 11:46:00 AM
Won this past weekend:

Revell 1/72 Morane Saulnier N that will be Americanized

Brings back memories of the cream coloured plastic it was moulded in for some reason ? Those Revell WWI types were a class above compared to other companies WWI types when they first came out.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on August 16, 2021, 11:18:36 AM
its been a while, but i placed a new online order for new kits:

-Platz 1/144 BAC Lightning F6 (2-pack)
-AFV Club 1/144 F4U Corsair
-Italeri 1/72 Fokker F27
-Special Hobby 1/72 SIAI-MARCHETTI SF-260EA/D/EU (LATE BULGED CANOPY)

arrived yesterday :)
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Gondor

Received today,

From the Big yellow H

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72145 RAF WW2 Code Letters, Medium Sea Grey: 24, 30 & 36 inch

3 x 1/72 Modelsvit 72062 Mirage IIICJ

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa Grumman Mohawk OV-1A

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....