My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: kitnut617 on August 23, 2021, 07:05:47 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 23, 2021, 04:04:21 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 22, 2021, 11:02:14 PM
Quote from: rickshaw on August 22, 2021, 08:04:38 PM
Always struck me how easy it was to get Western weapons but how hard it is to get Eastern ones...  :banghead:

There are very good Soviet/Russian weapon sets in 1:72 from Dragon, ICM and MasterCraft. Even Hasegawa released one in 2014. And other scales are available out there, too, if need be.

I have two of the ICM sets (Soviet Air to Air, and Soviet Air to Ground) and one of the Dragon (Soviet air to ground).  The Dragon set was hard to find and is the only one I have ever seen in the flesh.
The ICM sets seem to be intended for fast movers while the Dragon one seems more suited to choppers and Grach.
The Hasegawa JASDF set has some interesting stuff in it.

I've got Pack #1 and Pack #2 of the Dragon Soviet sets plus a load of those "western" Hasegawa sets. I've got an Airfix and a Heller RAF/NATO sets too.
About where I started off as well, but things tend to get used, and as I rather build European aircraft, I can't seem to ever have enough British or French made munitions.  And yes, I have four copies of the Hasegawa Europe's weapons set. :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

jcf

The Dodgers L-188 is a definite keep in the box as Revell altered the mould to
turn it into the P-3A Orion thus it was no longer to mould the kit as an L-188.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 23, 2021, 02:03:06 AM
Jeepers Brad, that's a Holy Grail kit if ever there was one!  :thumbsup: :o

Yeah!! I lucked out... more on that below.... but this is my second one of these and I got both pretty far below typical asking prices. There are 2-3 listed right now on US eBay and the boxes are all mashed and tore up and they want $300-400 for them while both of mine are Mint/near mint and didn't cost half of that.

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 23, 2021, 03:11:51 AM
Cool. Hope you did not have to sell a kidney for it (yours or third party item).  :rolleyes:

Wasn't bad at all... I found it listed nowhere near the models and hobby section.... rather, this was listed in a Sports Memorabilia section and I got it for a really fair price, especially considering the condition! Some of my best "deals" on model kits have been from finding them listed in places other than the models and kits section of eBay.
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

Ordered some resin bits from Freightdog:
Lightning ground attack set - mainly want the extended belly.
Red Top missiles, pair.

Won on eBay
Flying Fish clear resin Mosquito wingtips
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Bought a Hasegawa 1:72 Panzer V Panther Ausf. F (with all-steel wheels and alternative Schmalturm) via ebay.
Not cheap, but it's basically an OOB whif that will most probably be built straight out of the box.

Gondor

Rescued from my local postal sorting office a very nice eBay win

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa OV-1B Mohawk
1 x 1/72 Blackbird OV-1 Mohawk Fuel Tanks
1 x 1/72 Blackbird OV-1 Mohawk Propellers

includeing postage I think I got some change from £16  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

The latest Evilbay haul arrived today.

No immediate plans other than for the Herc. That is spares and will serve in the reincarnation of a sister. And some, I suspect.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

TheChronicOne

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on August 23, 2021, 11:35:25 AM
The Dodgers L-188 is a definite keep in the box as Revell altered the mould to
turn it into the P-3A Orion thus it was no longer to mould the kit as an L-188.

Will do!!  My plans were to just leave 'em as my "look at" collection and retirement fund and instead find a 1/144 Electra II and some Dodgers decals to build the actual model but you're right... I'm not going to mess with 'em at all other than to display and turn and around and sell again 30 years from now.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on August 24, 2021, 11:08:31 AM

The latest Evilbay haul arrived today.

A lovely collection there.  :thumbsup:

I've built all four in the past, and the Hase Skywarrior is the pick of the bunch.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 24, 2021, 02:45:43 PM

I've built all four in the past, and the Hase Skywarrior is the pick of the bunch.

Always liked the Skywarrior  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I'm over in my 'Country home' in Northants for the weekend and I've collected my order from Big H that went here instead of my REAL home....

Here one is, but the other one's identical.

And as for the project which was waiting for one vital component that came with those two kits, here it is.  ;D

I'll start a project thread for this elsewhere with more info, but it's obvious what is now of course.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 26, 2021, 09:54:37 AM

And as for the project which was waiting for one vital component that came with those two kits, here it is.  ;D

I'll start a project thread for this elsewhere with more info, but it's obvious what is now of course.  ;D

That is very nice indeed. Very Dan Dare  :thumbsup:

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Just delivered from the Big H, Airfix 1/72 new tool Mosquito B.XVI. Looks very good in the box.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 27, 2021, 07:00:24 AM
Just delivered from the Big H, Airfix 1/72 new tool Mosquito B.XVI. Looks very good in the box.

Ditto, times three  :thumbsup:

Gondor

The Wooksta!

The second Airfix Mosquito I ordered from eBay has arrived.

I liberated an Airfix Lightning F6 from Uncle Frank. I had some mad idea to get an Alleycat P1B conversion for it but realised I'd be shelling out 20 notes for it on top of the similar cost for the kit and then I'd have to wait an absolute ice age for it to arrive. No, don't think so. I'll just bash an Airfix F3 fuselage, a Frog F6 wing, a home cast fin and a lot of P38. More satisfying.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic