My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Received a couple of items today

from eBay

1 x 1/72 Revell A-3B Skywarrior which if I can get it to look decent will become part of the FAA

From AllyCat

8 x 1/72 Odds & Ordnance Brittish 1,000lb freefall bombs for various bomber projects

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

A cheeky low bid on eBay has snagged me a pair of Dr Havilland Hornets, a Frog F3 in a late box, and a Skybirds NF.21.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

For The Stashâ„¢, another 1/72 Trumpeter German E-75 Flakpanzer from ev!lbvay for just EUR 8,50,-.

I have to check if I can use the hull/chassis for a potential quad-37mm turret conversion...  :wacko:

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 23, 2021, 01:02:35 PM
Ordered some resin bits from Freightdog:
Lightning ground attack set - mainly want the extended belly.
Red Top missiles, pair.

These arrived today, the extended belly for an RAAF two seater. Also included was two sets of Buccaneer slipper tanks. Thanks, Colin!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Freightdog862

Your welcome Wooksta, these tanks are tweaked to fit the new Airfix kit, not released yet.

Colin

Weaver

Had a bit of financial good fortune recently (which was immediately tempered by a bit of financial bad fortune, but the good still won on balance  :rolleyes:), so I've done a bit of treating myself:

From Hannants:

A&A Models 1/72nd Helwan HA-300 light interceptor
Special Hobby 1/72nd Northrop N-3PB floatplane
Pmask masking set for the N-3PB

Both bought for their inherent prettiness, mostly. ;D

I do have a vague idea for doing the Northrop as a post-war 1950s COIN aircraft (not sure where though), with RPs/bombs and the observer and rear guns replaced by cameras.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Old Wombat

Popped into the LHS whilst undertaking other duties today & they had an Italeri 1/24 BJ44 Toyota LandCruiser on the shelf. Somehow it came home with me. :o

Some 35 years ago (+/-) I owned my first 4x4, which happened to be a short wheel-base FJ40 LandCruiser hardtop. :wub:

There are differences between the two models, specifically the engines & the length (B=diesel, F=petrol; 40=90" wheel-base, 44=97" wheel-base; although the BJ44 is actually about 14" longer than the FJ40) but I should be able to work this one into a decent facsimile of my old beast (I have some photo's somewhere) & I intend to do so. :thumbsup:

This is formerly Tom Hanks' FJ40 LandCruiser;

Mine looked more like this;

Does anyone get the impression I liked the old girl? :unsure:

PS: I was complaining elsewhere about how many vehicles were only made in LH drive format, well this puppy comes with options for both LH AND RH drive versions! ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

I'm glad you explained what "BJ" stood for or I might have jumped to the wrong conclusion about why you loved it so much...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It's a nice kit. I built one as the car Hammond drove on the top gear Bolivia challenge.
L to RHD conversion is easy on these, there is no engine, and shortening it would be a doddle (although on mine I ignored the wheelbase issue) - just cut it behind the doors.
FJ40 Bolivia 001 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Snaffled on eBay:
Sword Lightning T4/T5
Barracuda Lightning exhausts - want these to detail a P8 at some point.
Quickboost  Lightning intake vents - ditto
Model Appliance Lightning F1/F2/T4 decals - I've a subtle whiff in mind and I don't want to use the set I have.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Three items arrived from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Quickboost A3D-2 Skywarrior Radome-Early versions
1 x 1/72 Quixkboost A3D-2 Skywarrior Early Versions Tail Gun Turret
1 x 1/72 Hasegawa F-20 Tigershark

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Gondor on September 02, 2021, 10:58:39 AM
1 x 1/72 Hasegawa F-20 Tigershark

Useful little aircraft, those ones..  :thumbsup:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

DogfighterZen

Had to order a couple of colors for the RF-5E so i included the Special Hobby F-1 for some company.  :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.