My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: scooter on September 11, 2021, 03:14:25 PM
Quote from: Mossie on September 11, 2021, 01:16:17 PM
Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2021, 04:44:50 AM
From a very nice man here on the forum I received a 1/35 "portly figure" which will forth basis of a Professor Challenger type character for a diorama.

Managed to never have heard of him so went a-googling. If Brian Blessed hasnt played him he should.

I, too, had to google.  And all the deities - old, new, and Elder - he *does* look like Richard IV (or Voltan, without the wings.  Take your pick).

He's really just a starting point for what I have in my head as a 1930's imperial, very English (specifically, not British) adventurer/explorer/hunter/scientist.

If anyone is interested a Frog Fairy Delta has just been relisted on Aussie Evil-Bay.   Here.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

I found the whole collection of stories on a Kindle download costing a vast 59p , so worth a punt.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Wooksta!

eBay says I've snagged the Kits at War SAAF decal sheet I was after with a Mosquito PR.IX and a Tamiya Mosquito FB.VI.

Which is nice.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Just received from Allycat

4 x 1/72 Odds And Ordnance OAO72021 Brit 1000LB Freefall. Each pack contains 4 bombs so I now have more than enough to load my Victor Bomber  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Got these from evil-bay for the opening bid.
20210913_182857 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

The Wooksta!

Ordered a few bits from Freightdog:
Lightning VG wings - possible Vickers 588 alternate
Canberra  tip tanks
Red Top missiles

The latter two feed into something I've been tinkering with but now turns out to have been a real proposal after all!
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

kitbasher

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 13, 2021, 05:13:04 AM
Ordered a few bits from Freightdog:
Lightning VG wings - possible Vickers 588 alternate
Canberra  tip tanks
Red Top missiles

The latter two feed into something I've been tinkering with but now turns out to have been a real proposal after all!

Are you feeling the love from the forthcoming Mosquito sets??
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

The Wooksta!

Only when I have them in my hands!  The PR.XVI one is the one I need most. 

Think I need four off the bat, as that means I can use the Airfix canopies on the Tamiya to finish two and the reverse swap means the Airfix can become a PR.IX.

Apart from the one that's nearing assembled, I'm not planning on building any more until the conversions are out.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

zenrat

Another opening bid win.  Linberg released this kit (with detail differences) in three versions.  This is the one I didn't have until now.  The other two are "Color me Gone" (Blue/White - already built up years ago) and "Ramchargers" (White/Red).

'64 Dodge 330 Super Stock Maverick by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

The Wooksta!

An order placed with Alistair for the following arrived earlier today:
Armstrong Whitworth AW58 delta
English Electric P8 tandem two seater
Plus a box of bits comprising a P8 back end and some Red Dean missiles.

The quality of all of it is greatly improved over his earlier works, the Fireflash and Red Deans are particularly nice.

Looking forward to the P187 with eager anticipation!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

McColm

Bought off eBay;
1/72 Boeing V-22 Osprey
1/72 Fairey Rotodyne

The Rat

I know that MPC reboxed a lot of Airfix products, but I wasn't familiar with this 'Profile Series'. Anyway, $19.99 Canadian+tax was what it took for me to get my grubby mitts on it.

MPC Wellington
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Pellson

As partly said elsewhere - 16 tins of Humbrol enamels, two hairy sticks of a fashion I've come to like and a spare flask of glue.

I see this as stash reduction tools, tbh..  :wacko:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Several items arrived with the postie this morning,

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Model Alliance Decals: BAC/EE Canberra International "Bomber Canopy" Version Part II MA-72140

From the big yellow H

1 x 1/72 Warbird Decals : 72 040 1/72 Scale Navy Lettering:  U.S. Navy Numbers and Letters which I will use on my F-4-L

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72094 Hawker Tempest Mk.II/Mk.V decals

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72319 Bristol Beaufort Collection decals

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72331 Avro Vulcan Collection Pt1 which includeds decals for an MMR version

1 x 1/72 Master AM-72-018 Nato Refueling probe

2 x 1/72 Master AM-72-039 M61 A1 Vulcan

From Lost Cosmonaut

1 x 1/72 3D printed P.8

Gondor

EDIT: Another eBay win just delivered

1 x 1/72 Hasegawa EKA-3B Skywarrior
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Rat

Quote from: Pellson on September 16, 2021, 12:15:00 AM
As partly said elsewhere - 16 tins of Humbrol enamels, two hairy sticks of a fashion I've come to like and a spare flask of glue.

I see this as stash reduction tools, tbh..  :wacko:

No.

No no no.

No no no no NO!

Now that you have all this stuff, you need to INCREASE the stash in order to use them up. Those are the time-honoured rules. Don't let us down.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr