My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Just snaffled a trio of Modeldecal sheets off eBay, all for Meteor night fighters. There's several options on them ideal for other things, such as Hornets and Lightnings. There's a 60 sqn option and I read somewhere that they were slated for Lightning at one point.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Martin H

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 19, 2021, 10:07:31 AM
Quote from: Pellson on September 18, 2021, 02:24:54 PM
Quote from: Gondor on September 18, 2021, 09:59:22 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 18, 2021, 09:09:41 AM

So far I've catalogued 890 un-built 1/72 aircraft kits,54 un-built 'other' scale kits, 129 built 1/72 kits, 35 in progress 1/72 kits, 80 1/72 accessory and vehicles. But I've still got a pile of un-catalogued kits and accessories to go through, which will include all the displaced original bits & bobs plus original decal sheets not used.

That's only a rough 15% more than I have unbuilt or started but in it's box, absolutely no idea about the accessories as some are in kits along with decals. Paints are usually in either egg boxes or Ferrero Collection boxes, not catalogued yet.

Gondor

Thank you! Thank you!!!

As you both are hosting more plastic than I do, I now feel much more free to just continue buying..  ;D

;D ;D ;D
Better not mention the 2734 72nd scale unbuilt kits in my stash then. :wacko:

Damn! just did :banghead: :banghead:
That doesnt count the small scale armor and Sci fi stashes which combined probaly adds another 100-150 kits
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

TallEng

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 19, 2021, 12:35:14 PM
Just snaffled a trio of Modeldecal sheets off eBay, all for Meteor night fighters. There's several options on them ideal for other things, such as Hornets and Lightnings. There's a 60 sqn option and I read somewhere that they were slated for Lightning at one point.

Presumably that would have been in the far East instead of 74Sqn?

Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

TallEng

And while I'm here I'd like to admit to;
All in 1/48th, 1x Eduard Tempest II, 1x Fw190D overtrees, + 1 Fw190D weekend kit.
and in 1/144th, 3 Zvezda B757, Having worked on the B757 on and off for most of my 30years in civil aviation; All three will be real world.
BA, Airtours and DHL. Hopefully I'll be able to find the decals I require.

Regards
Keith

The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

The Wooksta!

Quote from: TallEng on September 19, 2021, 01:18:51 PM

Regards
Keith

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm thinking of the P.8 rather than Lightning. Spec F.155 was for a Javelin replacement, so it's a better fit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Gondor

Quote from: TallEng on September 19, 2021, 01:43:12 PM
1/144th, 3 Zvezda B757, Having worked on the B757 on and off for most of my 30years in civil aviation; All three will be real world.
BA, Airtours and DHL. Hopefully I'll be able to find the decals I require.

Regards
Keith

Try here ---> https://www.drawdecal.com/

or here ---> http://www.26decals.com/

No idea if they have what you want even though I have them bookmarked.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Martin H

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 19, 2021, 02:35:00 PM
Quote from: TallEng on September 19, 2021, 01:18:51 PM

Regards
Keith

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm thinking of the P.8 rather than Lightning. Spec F.155 was for a Javelin replacement, so it's a better fit.
I agree. and yes they were slated to remain east of suez, most likely on one of the mounting bases put forward for Gan and/or Aldabra. Ive seen refences that they were to jump from Javelins to Phantoms. But if the P8 was developed its a fair alternative as far as im concerned.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

NARSES2

All in 1/48th, 1x Eduard Tempest II,
Keith

I'd appreciate your opinions on the kit. One of my favourite aircraft and I could be tempted into 1/48 if the kit is half decent  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

The small parcel I'd ordered from Freightdog mentioned upthread has arrived.  Along with some extra lethality, there was a nice extra in the form of a Lightning F3 conversion for ye olde Hasegawa/Frog F6.  Very welcome and it'll get used at some point.  Thanks, Colin!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

TallEng

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 20, 2021, 12:08:14 AM

Keith

I'd appreciate your opinions on the kit. One of my favourite aircraft and I could be tempted into 1/48 if the kit is half decent  ;)
I'll do my best; looking in the box, its typical Eduard (says he having made all of three Eduard Kits ;)) so lots of options- for example 3 different props
I'm guessing two of them may be for the other marks of Tempest, choice of Rockets on rails or the later zero launch rail, for example: one Undercarriage bay consists of over 11 separate parts, its that kind of lots of detail type kit, so definitely worth the money, especially if you were to get the 'Overtrees' instead of a full kit. Although with the Overtrees kit you don't get the drop tanks, and obviously you need to supply markings etc. Instructions can be downloaded from Eduards website.

Regards
Keith

zenrat

The result of Hobby Link Japans' incessant nagging to clear my Private Warehouse (as they like to call then cardboard box with name on they keep on a shelf at the back of their warehouse).

An eclectic selection I think you will agree.

BTR 152 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Commander by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This one bought mainly for the eskies.
Eskies by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Hilux by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I have a set of African Skyraider transfers.  So maybe...
Skyshark by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Snaffled another trio of Modeldecal sheets of eBay, one simply for a specific serial code for a Lightning.  These are for EE P.8s.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

NARSES2

Quote from: TallEng on September 20, 2021, 02:28:33 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 20, 2021, 12:08:14 AM

Keith

I'll do my best; looking in the box, its typical Eduard (says he having made all of three Eduard Kits ;)) so lots of options- for example 3 different props
I'm guessing two of them may be for the other marks of Tempest, choice of Rockets on rails or the later zero launch rail, for example: one Undercarriage bay consists of over 11 separate parts, its that kind of lots of detail type kit, so definitely worth the money, especially if you were to get the 'Overtrees' instead of a full kit. Although with the Overtrees kit you don't get the drop tanks, and obviously you need to supply markings etc. Instructions can be downloaded from Eduards website.

Regards
Keith
Thanks Keith, much appreciated  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 21, 2021, 04:46:27 AM

I have a set of African Skyraider transfers.  So maybe...
Skyshark by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I've only just been looking at that on Hannants' site as a possible SMW purchase, but I can't quite make my mind up as I've built a resin one (Anigrand ?) a fair while ago and can't quite work out what I'd do with it ? I'm also wondering if they'dd do a "late version" ?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 21, 2021, 07:00:45 AM

I'm also wondering if they'dd do a "late version" ?

Who knows, you you could.  ;)

The KA2D-3 tanker perhaps?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit