My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

That first Mossie sheet is full of errors. The silver B.IV/XX isn't a bomber at all, the serial is for an NF.XIX and there's a mis-captioned photo in the Osprey book on PR Mosquitoes of the aircraft which definitively doesn't have a bomber nose.  Plus there's quite a few that need tropical filters which isn't mentioned - both T-birds, the 618 sqn one, and the far east ones too. The squadron codes on the Polish FB.VI are dull red, not black.
Any more queries on it, drop me a pm.

In other news, I snaffled a Whirlybird Lightning T5 on ebay for a decent price.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

From Metro Hobbies, a Special Hobby Spitfire Mk24 (1/72).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Ooh, another Spitfire..  Maybe it is meant that I am to build propeller thingies for a bit..  :wub:

Cataloging completed. The StashTM yesterday morning consisted of 602 kits of which 15 in various stages of completion.

Knowing this, I promptly bought two more, thereby increasing it to 604 kits. Maybe not the smartest move as a very rough calculation says I'll be able to complete a further 40-ish during my remaining life span.

Common sense is overrated.

In line with above, I also bought another old Land Rover Defender for my soon-to-be-driving daughter. She's over the moon. Her mum not so much, only to prove that you win some and lose some.  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

That's a 1:1 scale Defender I presume?

Are they that common over there?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Pellson on October 07, 2021, 02:56:44 AM
Ooh, another Spitfire..  Maybe it is meant that I am to build propeller thingies for a bit..  :wub:..

It's your fault I bought this one.  All your talk of Spitfires made me buy the kit I should have bought last year when instead (it was out of stock) I bought the same manufacturers Seafire 47.
My notes from building another example of the Seafire say "issues with fit in the following areas.  Windscreen, interior bulkheads, wing upper and lower (due to UC bay walls), lower wing centre section (seat bulkhead needed trimming)".  I expect similar issues with the Spit 24.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2021, 03:12:32 AM
That's a 1:1 scale Defender I presume?

Yes, a Defender 90 Td5, the short one.

Are they that common over there?

Not really. In my general area (some 200.000 people) I know of maybe 10 cars in addition to my own.  Which of course contributed positively to the decision.  ;)

Re Spitfires - I take this accusation as a compliment..  ;D

The Wooksta!

All the Special Hobby Spitfire/Seafire line kits have the same issues. They're reworked from the Xtrakit F22 which has some horrendous fit and accuracy issues. They look fantastic in the box but building less so.

I'm fortunate in that I invested time and effort hoovering up the Airfix F22 when they were kamikazied by Home Bargains some years back. And that's before I count the Ventura, Pegasus and other resin kits tucked away.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

In line with above, I also bought another old Land Rover Defender for my soon-to-be-driving daughter. She's over the moon. Her mum not so much, only to prove that you win some and lose some.  :rolleyes:

I'd say that buying your daughter a Land Rover is definitely common sense!!  Explain it to Mrs P that daughter  will be safe  in one of the toughest vehicles around  and incapable of participating in traffic light grand prix sessions.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Did I mention I bought my 3rd kit of this model? :unsure:

Tamiya 1/48 Bristol Beaufighter VI (TM 61053)

1 to be RW
1 to be RAM Air Arm
1 missing part of the pilot's canopy, so will be kitbash fodder.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Arrived today from The Lost Cosmonaut

1 x 1/72 P.187

That's going to take some building but I know that it can be done as OGL and Lee have both sone/are doing one each

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Pellson

Quote from: Rheged on October 07, 2021, 08:17:07 AM

I'd say that buying your daughter a Land Rover is definitely common sense!!  Explain it to Mrs P that daughter  will be safe  in one of the toughest vehicles around  and incapable of participating in traffic light grand prix sessions.

Mrs P, who besides being by far the wisest human being I've ever had the good fortune of coming come across, drives her own LR, a perhaps more sensible Freelander. She is however well aware that a regular car won't cope here during the weather wise worse months ahead, so her mostly silent objections revolve more around my inability to stop treating cars as toys. And you wouldn't want a boring toy, would you?   ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on October 07, 2021, 02:05:51 PM

And you wouldn't want a boring toy, would you?   ;)

That's why I've got four of them, and there's only one of me.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2021, 02:07:31 PM

And you wouldn't want a boring toy, would you?   ;)

That's why I've got four of them, and there's only one of me.  ;D

Four Land Rovers? I shall immediately show Mrs P this, as you're an older and thereby inevitably wiser man than me, thereby bringing support to my case   ;D

PR19_Kit

Nonononononono. four cars!

But two of them are the same model, and three are Vauxhalls.

And I'd severely question the 'wiser' bit too...............

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: Rheged on October 07, 2021, 08:17:07 AM

Mrs P, who besides being by far the wisest human being I've ever had the good fortune of coming come across, drives her own LR, a perhaps more sensible Freelander. She is however well aware that a regular car won't cope here during the weather wise worse months ahead, so her mostly silent objections revolve more around my inability to stop treating cars as toys. And you wouldn't want a boring toy, would you?   ;)

No-one could describe a Land-Rover as "boring", especially if you explore the outer limits of its abilities........and it's not a toy, it's an investment. Have you seen the prices some "classic" Land Rovers are selling for?

40-something years ago, when I occasionally drove a Lake District mountain rescue team Land Rover, I was lucky enough to be sent off on a week-end Land Rover works driving course. It's mind-blowing what one of these vehicles will do in the hands of an expert...........and he had us all doing the same!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet