My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 07, 2021, 02:16:45 PM
Nonononononono. four cars!

But two of them are the same model, and three are Vauxhalls.

And I'd severely question the 'wiser' bit too...............

Our local mechanic, who does the Defender oil services when I can't be arsed, is an Opel aficionado, and as you're aware, Opels are badge engineered Vauxhall's, and not the other way around, right?  ;)
Anyway - he has a late eighties three litre Monza whose soundtrack is quite entertaining. A very nice car indeed!

As for Defenders and investment - hopefully so. Pricing has indeed become quite ridiculous, also for newer Defenders, but luckily I got this one for a reasonable amount via contacts. And anyway, first and foremost, we buy them to use them. And it'll be good fun getting the new wheels home to see what we need to modify. A Defender is a blank canvas, you know, ready for personalisation  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on October 07, 2021, 02:19:30 PM
No-one could describe a Land-Rover as "boring", especially if you explore the outer limits of its abilities........and it's not a toy, it's an investment. Have you seen the prices some "classic" Land Rovers are selling for?

I've seen 30 to 35 year old Defender 90s with asking prices as much as *new*.  And the new ones have no style or class...looking like the resurrected Ford Bronco.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Pellson on October 07, 2021, 02:31:01 PM

...... and as you're aware, Opels are badge engineered Vauxhall's, and not the other way around, right?  ;)

Exactly!  :thumbsup:

Anyway - he has a late eighties three litre Monza whose soundtrack is quite entertaining. A very nice car indeed!

Ah yes, with the V6 engine. One of my Signums has a turbo V6, but it's a GM engine with its roots in Detroit I expect.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

A Defender is a blank canvas, you know, ready for personalisation  ;)

Shouldn't that be Pellsonalisation?  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

I prefer Landcruisers.  60 series, before they became soft roaders.

I received from Evil-Bay today Xtradecal X72105 Supermarine Spitfire PR Mk.XIX.
Too late for the GB Defiant but there are some good looking schemes which will go nicely on other aircraft.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Snaffled another Modeldecal sheet from Uncle Frank, only to find I already have it. Still, the spare Phantom markings will come in handy for another P8 at some stage.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Just found and snaffled a Maintrack Project X Supermarine Type 545 on eBay. Not cheap but with the free postage taken off, a good tenner cheaper than the current iteration from Whirlybird.

I enjoyed the first one, so may have a go reworking it as the production version, or the F2.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Weaver

Quote from: scooter on October 07, 2021, 02:56:58 PM
Quote from: Rheged on October 07, 2021, 02:19:30 PM
No-one could describe a Land-Rover as "boring", especially if you explore the outer limits of its abilities........and it's not a toy, it's an investment. Have you seen the prices some "classic" Land Rovers are selling for?

I've seen 30 to 35 year old Defender 90s with asking prices as much as *new*.  And the new ones have no style or class...looking like the resurrected Ford Bronco.

Yep - the garage where I get my car MoT'd and serviced these days is also a government-surplus Landrover trader. I always have a look, but I can never even slightly afford any of them... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

DogfighterZen

Received this ebay win today and it's one i've had my sights on for quite a while. 1979 vintage kit so it's as old as i am.

The Portuguese air force had the G-91R/3 and 4 as well as the T/3 and also looked into getting the Y back in 1974 but they didn't so this one will be correcting that mistake.  ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

The Wooksta!

eBay says I've won the Tamiya Mosquito I was bidding on, along with Model decal 46 with an LTF Lightning.  But I didn't win the RAFDec Hunter sheet. Still, I bid a good few quid more than the start price and the buyer has paid nigh on twice the Hannants price. Haha!

So I went to Hannants site and bought it, plus another Modeldecal sheet. Phantoms, but it does have a decent size red Eagle which I want for the Thunderbird, so another win for me.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Pellson

Quote from: DogfighterZen on October 11, 2021, 05:11:57 PM
Received this ebay win today and it's one i've had my sights on for quite a while. 1979 vintage kit so it's as old as i am.

The Portuguese air force had the G-91R/3 and 4 as well as the T/3 and also looked into getting the Y back in 1974 but they didn't so this one will be correcting that mistake.  ;D

That's kind of a whif waiting to happen.  ;D Good stuff!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 12, 2021, 04:48:22 AM
eBay says I've won the Tamiya Mosquito I was bidding on, along with Model decal 46 with an LTF Lightning.  But I didn't win the RAFDec Hunter sheet. Still, I bid a good few quid more than the star and the buyer has paid nigh on twice the Hannants price. Haha!

So I went to Hannants site and boght it, plus another Modeldecal sheet. Phantoms, but it does have a decent size red Eagle which I want for the Thunderbird, so another win for me.

I rather enjoy that kind of situation as well. Just because it's an auction site does not mean it's always a bargain.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

The same sheet has a Lightning Training Flight option, so it's applicable to P.6 or P.8

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Gondor on October 12, 2021, 06:10:42 AM
Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 12, 2021, 04:48:22 AM
eBay says I've won the Tamiya Mosquito I was bidding on, along with Model decal 46 with an LTF Lightning.  But I didn't win the RAFDec Hunter sheet. Still, I bid a good few quid more than the star and the buyer has paid nigh on twice the Hannants price. Haha!

So I went to Hannants site and boght it, plus another Modeldecal sheet. Phantoms, but it does have a decent size red Eagle which I want for the Thunderbird, so another win for me.

I rather enjoy that kind of situation as well. Just because it's an auction site does not mean it's always a bargain.

Gondor

True. I was bidding on a Whirlybird English Electric P.1A and got outbid at thirty notes. Shrugged me shoulders and forgot about it. It went for nigh on 50 notes plus post and yet you can get it new from Whirlybird for 40!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Should have mentioned a care package from Alistair arrived yesterday, comprising the swept version of the AW58 - the only one of his kits I didn't have - and another P.8, which is getting the Lightning F1 rather than the square F3 fin the others have received. It's going NMF for speed reasons, but I've yet to pin down a unit for it. LTF possibly.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: