My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 21, 2021, 06:08:36 PM
Thank you folks, I felt very humbled when I was announced as one of the winners. The size of the box is deceptive - the completed wingspan looks to be little bigger than the wide edge of an A4 sheet of paper?

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 20, 2021, 06:13:00 PM
You doing the Big Spad in French or in American, as per the Little Spad? :unsure:
When I learned the pilot of the RFC option, Lt JD Hewett, went to Wanganui Collegiate School here in my hometown that kinda solved the problem!

RFC it is, then! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 21, 2021, 06:56:47 PM
Thank you folks, I felt very humbled when I was announced as one of the winners. The size of the box is deceptive - the completed wingspan looks to be little bigger than the wide edge of an A4 sheet of paper?

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 20, 2021, 06:13:00 PM
You doing the Big Spad in French or in American, as per the Little Spad? :unsure:
When I learned the pilot of the RFC option, Lt JD Hewett, went to Wanganui Collegiate School here in my hometown that kinda solved the problem!

RFC it is, then! :thumbsup:

Like everyone else has said, "Well done, Zac!" :thumbsup:
And with that connection, they must have been meant to be... the win and the scheme... "Spooky, Possums!"

Dizzyfugu

Got a cheap Airfix 1:72 Jet Provost T.3, with the plan to put it into service of a North African country.

And a dirty cheap Hobby Boss 1:700 model of USS Arizona, might be converted into something for the upcoming "Gunships" GB.

NARSES2

That was meant to be then Zac  ;) :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 22, 2021, 05:52:50 AM

You're all so kind!

Unfortunately the decals are out of register in a bad way and I'm pondering my alternatives...thankfully I'm not ready to start it!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Old Wombat

Monogram 1/48 A-37 Dragonfly - maybe RW, maybe not.
Aztek airbrush box set - a backup, in case the Iwata dies, or something to do different stuff with.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Quote from: KiwiZac on October 22, 2021, 09:13:28 PM

You're all so kind!

Unfortunately the decals are out of register in a bad way and I'm pondering my alternatives...thankfully I'm not ready to start it!

Send Rodin a nice letter saying what's gone wrong. If your not building it soon that gives them plenty of time to send replacements.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Gondor

Arrived this morning from eBay

1 x 1/72 Maintrack Whirlwind HAR.9 vac-form kit

And from the Big yellow H

1 x 1/72 H-Model Decals HMD72034 Messerschmitt Bf-109s Over The Czech territory Part 1

1 x 1/72 H-Model Decals HMD72035 Messerschmitt Bf-109s Over The Czech territory Part 2

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72334 de Havilland Mosquito B.Mk.XVI Collection

The Bf-109 decals were got as they were a little different. The Mosquito decals to go with the Freightdog conversion kits I have for the recent Airfix kit.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on October 23, 2021, 02:39:56 AM
Quote from: KiwiZac on October 22, 2021, 09:13:28 PM

You're all so kind!

Send Rodin a nice letter saying what's gone wrong. If your not building it soon that gives them plenty of time to send replacements.

Gondor

Agree. Drop Rodin an e-mail, most companies are very good in responding to things like this.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Snaffled on ebay:

Xtradecal X48155 - BAe Hawk

I don't do 48th, but the sheet has some nice tail art that I want for my P8 programme.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 23, 2021, 06:30:05 AM
Snaffled on ebay:

Xtradecal X48155 - BAe Hawk

I don't do 48th, but the sheet has some nice tail art that I want for my P8 programme.

The Squadron markings should be handy as well Lee

Gondor

The Wooksta!

I have some of the squadron markings already, so I'm planning on a mix and match approach.  Bit pricy, but there's always a market for part used sheets. 

Offhand, I want the 63 and 151 Sqn stuff, as the former can be used to do two - a 60s one similar to 111 Sqn's F1As and an 80s one in grey.  The latter had Javelins* so a two seater may be better, but I'm planning on using them on a single seater with the early Lightning F1 fin.  I wanted something early and colourful that wasn't anything used by Lightnings, as pretty much everyone else will be doing them, so did some lateral thinking when I saw 151's squadron bars on a Meteor sheet.

*They were disbanded and reformed on Lincolns, so I think I can get away with single seaters.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Ebay has kindly informed me that I've won the two Lightnings I was bidding on.  An Airfix F6 and a Whirlybird F3 that were part of the same lot.  30 notes plus post may be sound a tad steep, but the former is £22 and the latter £35 and that's from Whirlybird's 2018 catalogue.  So I've effectively got one of them post free and a free Airfix F6 into the bargain.  That is what's called "a result!", I believe.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

An excellent catch there Lee, specially the F3.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 24, 2021, 08:44:03 AM
Ebay has kindly informed me that I've won the two Lightnings I was bidding on.  An Airfix F6 and a Whirlybird F3 that were part of the same lot.  30 notes plus post may be sound a tad steep, but the former is £22 and the latter £35 and that's from Whirlybird's 2018 catalogue.  So I've effectively got one of them post free and a free Airfix F6 into the bargain.  That is what's called "a result!", I believe.

I looked at that but decided against it.

Gondor