My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

From BNA Model World some Tamiya primers (more and more often current japanese kit plastic is reacting with my goto primer), a sheet of WW2 to early 60's weathered red stars in various styles and sizes, and Pavla 1/72 resin two stage Merlin nacelles for Tamiya Mosquitos.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Bought an Academy 1:72 P-51D, to end up as the real world (yet highly debated ) RAF KM272, the famous and IMHO highly attractive "Dooleybird". Got some spare decals for this aircraft from the Matchbox kit.

Steel Penguin

at the wargames tabletop show in penkridge yesterday
Tamiya 1:48 Sea Harrier
a box of space wolf longclaws  ( the heavy weapon troops)
a copy of the steve  Jackson games  car wars, that has some cars and a truck in it ( I don't know the scale but there small)
and a set of 25/8mm scenery  a small industrial building and 4 chemical tanks.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

Fred, those two stage Merlins are nicely cast but way too short for two stage. Looks like he just took the kit one and modified it to the look but not the length. Modify an Airfix Whirlwind with them instead?  The Brengun ones are bang on though.

Snagged another Modeldecal sheet from Uncle Frank, no. 115, which covers Hawks, similar to the Xtradecal one I got last week.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 25, 2021, 07:25:59 AM
Fred, those two stage Merlins are nicely cast but way too short for two stage. Looks like he just took the kit one and modified it to the look but not the length.

So how much longer are the two-stage in 1/72? I had planned to simply slap some card or putty chin intakes onto the Airfix nacelles myself...

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 26, 2021, 12:59:19 AM
Fred, those two stage Merlins are nicely cast but way too short for two stage. Looks like he just took the kit one and modified it to the look but not the length.

Not sure, but it is noticeable.
So how much longer are the two-stage in 1/72? I had planned to simply slap some card or putty chin intakes onto the Airfix nacelles myself...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

The Big H sent me that Planet resin Unimog kit, but it's actually a CMK kit from some time back I guess, plus a whole lot of brass, resin and other stuff for Lightnings, the ones with engines on top of each other. (usually.... ;))
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2021, 08:59:46 AM
The Big H sent me that Planet resin Unimog kit, but it's actually a CMV kit from some time back I guess

So, what's it like? Not interested in ever buying or building one but curious as to what the quality is like.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

It looks very good indeed, but as will most CMK stuff all the parts are sealed in separate areas of the big plastic bag that it's packed in. I'll take some of it out later on and report back.

It's the later, 'squarer', version, rather than the early curvy one we had at BR, but I think some time spent with a file and wet-and-dry will sort that out. Plus it'll be all over yellow too, so the shape will be less obvious to the (blinded....) viewer.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 26, 2021, 04:53:33 AM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 26, 2021, 12:59:19 AM

Not sure, but it is noticeable.

Thanks, useful information  :thumbsup: so if I add a spacer of a couple of mil' at the wing l/e that will probably be enough.  Whew, easy fix!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 26, 2021, 11:33:54 AM

Thanks, useful information  :thumbsup: so if I add a spacer of a couple of mil' at the wing l/e that will probably be enough.  Whew, easy fix!

I did a rough and ready calculation (on the back of a laptop....) with the aid of some Mossie plans and they came out as 3 mm longer.

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2021, 12:12:41 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 26, 2021, 11:33:54 AM

I did a rough and ready calculation (on the back of a laptop....) with the aid of some Mossie plans and they came out as 3 mm longer.

1/72 or r/w?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Ebay says I've snagged another Tamiya Mosquito.  How tiresome!

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: