My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 26, 2021, 12:12:41 PM
Quote from: Rick Lowe on October 26, 2021, 11:33:54 AM

Thanks, useful information  :thumbsup: so if I add a spacer of a couple of mil' at the wing l/e that will probably be enough.  Whew, easy fix!

I did a rough and ready calculation (on the back of a laptop....) with the aid of some Mossie plans and they came out as 3 mm longer.

;D ;D

Thanks, Kit - much useful and appreciated.

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 26, 2021, 01:54:30 PM
Ebay says I've snagged another Tamiya Mosquito.  How tiresome!

Oh no, how terrible for you! :o
Tell you what, if you're becoming a little jaded and sick of them, you could box them up and send then to li'l ol' New Zealand...  :rolleyes: ;)
(just trying to help, you understand...) ;D

Rick Lowe

I have just purchased the Vallejo 'Russian Cold War Silver Darts' paint set - not necessarily for Soviet stuff, it just looks to be a very useful set of various silvers & etc.
As the new formula Humbrol thinners I have been adding to the decades-old (and new) metallics is turning them to a gloopy, gel-like consistency. :banghead:

Is there anything in particular I need to watch out for with these? I have heard that some of the other new paints need to be regularly shaken or stirred, as the metallic particles settle very quickly.
TIA

jcf

The Enamel Thinners are Naptha and 2-METHOXY-1-METHYLETHLY ACETATE, the former being
a common thinner for oil-based paints and varnishes - it' my preferred thinner, the latter being
a thinner and viscosity reducer commonly used in printing inks, oil-based paints and varnishes
and as a cleaning solvent in semi-conductor manufacturing.

Neither of the ingredients should be causing the reaction you're having.  :o

Gondor

Received today from a well known aution site

1 x 1/72 MPM Gloster Meteor F.8 (Prone)

Now what to attach the Prone pert too..... Something naval I think...

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Snagged some more decals off ebay - Xtradecal Lightning customising sheet and some RAF Tactical roundels.  Somehow I may well need them.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Rat

Browsed a local shop the other day, they must have had a stash dump from someone, all sorts of old stuff. Snagged a Matchbox Hawker Fury for $5, and a Frog Vultee Vengeance for $8. Might head back for other stuff.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rick Lowe

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on October 27, 2021, 09:58:31 AM
The Enamel Thinners are Naptha and 2-METHOXY-1-METHYLETHLY ACETATE, the former being
a common thinner for oil-based paints and varnishes - it' my preferred thinner, the latter being
a thinner and viscosity reducer commonly used in printing inks, oil-based paints and varnishes
and as a cleaning solvent in semi-conductor manufacturing.

Neither of the ingredients should be causing the reaction you're having.  :o

Yeah, it's a head-scratcher for sure.
Still, I suppose you could say I've had my money's worth from the enamels and my health will thank me for the switch...  ;)

Old Wombat

Just ordered from BNA:

1 x HobbyBoss 1/350 USS Los Angeles Class SSN-688/VLS/688I *3in1 Submarine (HB 83530) - Waiting on an Astute class, now. ;)
2 x Zoukei-Mura Face Painting Brush #01 Blue (SWS-WF301) - for painting small things
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 Modern US AFV Stowage set S1 (LF1418) - equipment is always in short supply
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 Modern US AFV Stowage set S2 (LF1419) - equipment is always in short supply
1 x Hasegawa Models 1/72 Boeing B-47E Stratojet (HA 04057) - probably do this RW ... or RAAF
1 x RS Models 1/72 Luftwaffe/British Blohm and Voss Ae 607 (RS-92246) - it's going to get a Sci-Fi treatment of some sort
1 x MiniArt Models 1/35 Welders (2 Figures & Welding Equipment) (MA38039) - welding equipment will be essential in the Post Apocalyptic world for numerous reasons

Thanks for the Gift Code, BT, it helped! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Nick

First meeting of our club for 18 months last night and one of our older members had a clear out of his stash.

Another chap got an Airfix 1/24 P-51 Mustang for just £30  :o ;D

I came home with an Airfix AC-47 Dakota Gunship for free  ;D :thumbsup:
It is in the original 1974 box priced at 75p from Beatties.

Pellson

Quote from: Nick on October 28, 2021, 03:04:18 AM

I came home with an Airfix AC-47 Dakota Gunship for free  ;D :thumbsup:
It is in the original 1974 box priced at 75p from Beatties.

The kit is a dog, but the nostalgia is through the ceiling!  What a catch!!  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on October 28, 2021, 01:55:32 AM

1 x RS Models 1/72 Luftwaffe/British Blohm and Voss Ae 607 (RS-92246) - it's going to get a Sci-Fi treatment of some sort

Reasonable kit, built it a while ago  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 28, 2021, 05:52:55 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on October 28, 2021, 01:55:32 AM

Reasonable kit, built it a while ago  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Chris! Nice to know. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

KiwiZac

Quote from: NARSES2 on October 23, 2021, 05:46:54 AM
Quote from: Gondor on October 23, 2021, 02:39:56 AM
Send Rodin a nice letter saying what's gone wrong. If your not building it soon that gives them plenty of time to send replacements.

Gondor

Agree. Drop Rodin an e-mail, most companies are very good in responding to things like this.
Great thinking team, I'll take a photo (maybe a scan would be better?) and see if it can be remedied. In some ways it reminds me of an old Airfix or Matchbox kit's decals...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

The Wooksta!

Ebay says I've won:

A pair of Sword Lightning T birds - T4 and T5
An Airfix Hunter FGA9 with a set of resin P1083 wings

The latter I won a set of a few weeks back, and they have been made from a set of Maintrack Project X P.1083 wings made up and dropped into rubber.  I obtained a few sets of these some years back and am currently masking the one I assembled last year.  Still need another Airfix Hunter though, but perhaps two might be better.  It has some flaws but it's the nicest injection Hunter in the scale bar the Revell one. 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 30, 2021, 10:30:50 AM

Still need another Airfix Hunter though, but perhaps two might be better.  It has some flaws but it's the nicest injection Hunter in the scale bar the Revell one.

Thought I had one that you could have but all mine have been chopped in one way or another or one would have been in the post to you.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....