My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Don't worry about it, as it's on my Telford "to look for" list.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 30, 2021, 10:30:50 AM

A pair of Sword Lightning T birds - T4 and T5

Ah, you got them, did you? I was watching them but they went too high for me.

Nice one.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I think they went for the maximum bids I put in, as I've a few tucked away anyway, plus a few of the Whirlybird ones which are really nice, so if I'd lost it was no biggy.  Plus Uncle Frank has some in anyway.

The T-Birds seem to be in more interesting schemes anyway.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Old Wombat

Something of a double-tap that has meant finding money I don't really have.

On the way from BNA (again);

1 x Greenstrawberry 1/35 Science Fiction R.U-R Scout & Sniper Full Resin kit w/PE (GSY-135016) - for a Sci-Fi diorama I'm s-l-o-w-l-y working on
1 x Italeri Models 1/48 S-3 A/B Viking (IT2623)- do I need a reason? :unsure:
2 x ANT Miniatures 1/35 Assault Trooper with M240L Machine Gun and MICO Pack Ammo Can (ANT35-708) - 1 to be modified a bit for the same Sci-Fi diorama as above
1 x Trumpeter Models 1/35 CH-47D Chinook Gulf War (TR 05105) - ordered the gods-only-know how long ago & it finally arrived just as I was finalising this order. :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

buzzbomb

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 01, 2021, 01:02:24 AM

1 x Greenstrawberry 1/35 Science Fiction R.U-R Scout & Sniper Full Resin kit w/PE (GSY-135016) - for a Sci-Fi diorama I'm s-l-o-w-l-y working on
2 x ANT Miniatures 1/35 Assault Trooper with M240L Machine Gun and MICO Pack Ammo Can (ANT35-708) - 1 to be modified a bit for the same Sci-Fi diorama as above
1 x Trumpeter Models 1/35 CH-47D Chinook Gulf War (TR 05105) - ordered the gods-only-know how long ago & it finally arrived just as I was finalising this order. :banghead:
I am starting to detect a flow problem  ;D
Big pipe going in (Stash).. but very small pipe coming out (completed builds) ;)

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on November 01, 2021, 03:00:50 AM

Big pipe going in (Stash).. but very small pipe coming out (completed builds) ;)

I think that describes a lot of our stashes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on November 01, 2021, 03:05:36 AM

Tell me about it! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 01, 2021, 04:51:57 AM

Tell me about it! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I agree  :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

I'd be stunned if anyone actually operates a One in - One out system ? Although knowing the propensities of Sod's Law someone is now bound to say that they do  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 01, 2021, 07:15:15 AM

I'd be stunned if anyone actually operates a One in - One out system ? Although knowing the propensities of Sod's Law someone is now bound to say that they do  ;D

Are you talking aircraft type or individual numbers?

Gondor  :unsure:

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

PR19_Kit

Having more kits going into our stashes than completed models going out is the very essence of Whiffing surely?

Most of us use 3-4 raw kits to produce one Whiffed model, so an excess of Stash over Gallery is essential.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Good point, most of my current assembled Lightning projects have been kitbashed or cross kitted from a variety of sources.  I think the parts of 7 separate kits have gone into the P1B Rapier F.1, plus 4 Aeroclub aftermarket sets and a resin copy of a set of Aeroclub P1A exhausts as I only have one of that.

Today's acquisitions
Another Hawk decal sheet from Uncle Frank.  Basically covering the same subjects as the 48th one but this one has a separate skull for the 100 Sqn option.
Then 3 copies of the Xtradecal Tornado F3 sheet done for Finescale Modeller were snaffled from ebay.  It's a 65 Sqn anniversary aircraft, with some nice chevrons, but I wanted the unit badge of a big horse with 14 knives behind it.  I've a cunning plan for several RAF 50th Anniversary* P8s, and 65 Sqn could be quite colourful.  I'm also tempted with a similar scheme on a 1990s retirement aircraft.

*I may well float this as an idea for a mini theme for the SIG display for Telford 2022.  I'll have a think for some ground rules.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 01, 2021, 10:15:46 AM
Having more kits going into our stashes than completed models going out is the very essence of Whiffing surely?

Most of us use 3-4 raw kits to produce one Whiffed model, so an excess of Stash over Gallery is essential.

Donor banks are a must! Whiffing oblige. :mellow: