My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

As observant as i seems to be these days i just saw this topic and im happy that i can add something to it.
These i got a very short time ago ..
Tamiya 1/35 M1A2 Abrams
Tamiya 1/35 Centurion
Tamiya 1/35 Grant
Italeri 1/35 M4A3E8 Sherman Fury
Academy 1/35 M163 A1 Vulcan..no turret.
Monogram 1/48 Helldiver ..which is now the Destroyer.
Hopefully I'll add to this list at some point  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

AeroplaneDriver

Been a slow spell for me with no models bought in months it feels like, but finally got one of those "grail" kits that seems so hard to find at a reasonable price...

Airfix 1/48 Lynx AH.7
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Yup same as me..i havent added anything in quite some time ..mainly havent been able to.
Prices here in Nz for models..well lets say calling it mental is a massive understatement..like $141 for a Tamiya 1/48th P-38 and for the armour..ohh mama and what's worse with this covid lockdown we're still in my fav auction site has only company based sellers going..no private,so no cheap kits not like theres been many of them for awhile now.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Now we are out of lockdown I can go into my LHS and spend money again.
I just need to find the time.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Won on ebay
Revell Hunter FGA9 with a Modelsheet, can't remember the number but it's a Hunter one.  74?

Also snaffled a Griffon Su 22 Fitter.  Liked the look of the one that was at the club on Monday plus I'm still casting about for donor fuselages for more P6s
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Leading Observer

An early Xmas present to myself, the Fantastic Plastic 1/72 Vickers-Armstrong 559. Unfortunately a couple of parts [fins on missiles and one of the main landing gear legs] have got damaged in transit between California and the UK, but I'm sure I repair or replace said bits
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

The Wooksta!

What was the total cost in Great British Pounds?  Postage? And did you get hit by the Gestapo at HMRC and their lickspittle enforcers at the Mail?

Been wanting one of these for years but the cost has always put me off.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Received past Tuesday. I had to order some paint and finally found the Modelsvit Mirage 4000 at a reasonable price of 30€ instead of the 45€ i normally see on other sites or ebay so, i couldn't say no. :thumbsup:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Nick

I've been to a few model shops this week around Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. Reviews of each shop will be on my blog this weekend.

Bought some Tamiya paints but not what I exactly  wanted.

A bridge in 28mm war gaming scale from Javis. I think it will look OK with a 1/72 tank on it.

1/72 Hobbyboss F-86F-40 Sabre for just £6 because it was in the wrong box  ;D

Gondor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 04, 2021, 12:44:35 PM
Received past Tuesday. I had to order some paint and finally found the Modelsvit Mirage 4000 at a reasonable price of 30€ instead of the 45€ i normally see on other sites or ebay so, i couldn't say no. :thumbsup:

Yummy, I am tempted by that, pity it's the single seat version as the two seater would be nice with an ASMP on the centerline hard point

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Leading Observer

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 04, 2021, 12:22:45 PM
What was the total cost in Great British Pounds?  Postage? And did you get hit by the Gestapo at HMRC and their lickspittle enforcers at the Mail?

Been wanting one of these for years but the cost has always put me off.

Lee - It was in his 16 year anniversary flash sale last month, reduced from US$90 to US$75 + US$25 p&p which worked out to £75.72 and it slipped past HMRC/RM's privateers without duty being demanded ;) A bit pricey I'll admit but I was treating myself - it was this or a bottle of single malt,and I don't have to share the kit ;D

Update - i emailed Allen about the broken bits, just as feedback about the packaging and he's given me a full refund which was a surprise :thumbsup:
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Gondor on November 04, 2021, 12:54:32 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on November 04, 2021, 12:44:35 PM

Yummy, I am tempted by that, pity it's the single seat version as the two seater would be nice with an ASMP on the centerline hard point

Gondor

The twin seat 4000 is one i'd never seen before and could only find a profile over on the secret projects forum but for some reason i've always imagined the twin seat 4000 with an arrangement similar to the 2000D. Still, the single seat had a bubble canopy so maybe the twin seater could have a canopy like the F-15B/D/E.
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Leading Observer on November 04, 2021, 12:59:54 PM

Update - i emailed Allen about the broken bits, just as feedback about the packaging and he's given me a full refund which was a surprise :thumbsup:

You got the slightly damaged £75 kit AND a full refund?

That sounds like a REAL deal!!!!!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: zenrat on November 04, 2021, 04:28:23 AM
Now we are out of lockdown I can go into my LHS and spend money again.
I just need to find the time.

I managed to drop in there today.  Good to see it's still a going concern.  The shelves seem rather empty but what is new.
Grabbed an Airfix Bucc S.2B, some paint, and some glue.
I'm thinking about a Boucanier Français...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Good choice. German Marienflieger would have been happy with the Bucc, too.  ;)