My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 04, 2021, 10:53:53 PM
Quote from: Leading Observer on November 04, 2021, 12:59:54 PM

Update - i emailed Allen about the broken bits, just as feedback about the packaging and he's given me a full refund which was a surprise :thumbsup:

You got the slightly damaged £75 kit AND a full refund?

That sounds like a REAL deal!!!!!  :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I was thinking  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2021, 03:43:57 AM

I managed to drop in there today.  Good to see it's still a going concern.  The shelves seem rather empty but what is new.
Grabbed an Airfix Bucc S.2B, some paint, and some glue.
I'm thinking about a Boucanier Français...

I realised the other day that despite it being one of my favourite aircraft I've only ever built the original Airfix NA.39 boxing. Going to have to rectify that and was thinking US after they'd seen them perform at the Red Flag, but might just go real world.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Right, I'm acting on behalf of Pepsi Concorde and re-posting this into the main thread

Chris

Hi guys,

Bit late in the year but I'm new to the forum so this will be my stash additions blog for the rest of the year.

First things first, new Airfix Vulcan, an impulse buy :)

https://i.postimg.cc/X7kMCwGN/IMG-5679.jpg

NARSES2

And this was Kerrick's reply 

Looks like a fun build. I've always liked the Vulcan.

NARSES2

Just to say that I've physicaly copied the previous two posts as the system wouldn't let me (or I couldn't work out how to) move them within the Board ?

Chris

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 05, 2021, 06:58:48 AM
Quote from: zenrat on November 05, 2021, 03:43:57 AM

I managed to drop in there today.  Good to see it's still a going concern.  The shelves seem rather empty but what is new.
Grabbed an Airfix Bucc S.2B, some paint, and some glue.
I'm thinking about a Boucanier Français...

I realised the other day that despite it being one of my favourite aircraft I've only ever built the original Airfix NA.39 boxing. Going to have to rectify that and was thinking US after they'd seen them perform at the Red Flag, but might just go real world.

One of my favourites too, having once seen a pair of them flying underneath Ballachuilish bridge......admittedly it was low tide, but still..........

.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballachulish_Bridge

The Bucc would be appropriate for Italy/ Greece/ Israel as a strike aircraft able to cover the entire Med;  or India to range over the Indian Ocean and Bay of Bengal;  R A N and/or RNZN  in addition to the very logical USN and Marineflieger units.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Whoo Hoo!  I've been waiting for one of these for years!  I'm almost crying with joy.

The Airfix and Frog ones are long gone, so my delight at finding one of the new solid inflight models of the English Electric Lightning F6.  72nd, fully assembled and painted!  Couldn't hit the "Buy it Now!" button fast enough.

Okay, I may change the markings, but it fills a hole that is glaring in my RAF collection.

Edit: Spoof posting.  Move along, nothing to see here...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

A cuffless resin P-51 propeller for my RAF "KM272" real-world project.

Gondor

As I had the day off to go to an X-Ray appointment I went shopping in Edinburgh, naturally I went into Wonderland Models, came out with the following

1 x 1/72 Valom 72056 Bristol Bombay Mk.1 (RAF) kind of makes me wonder who else operated the type

1 x 1/72 Valom 72140 Blackburn B.46 Firebrand TF Mk. IV. I really wanted the Mk.V but as the tail for that is on the sprues then that's what it will be  ;D

Albion Alloys BT4 M 4mm x 0.45mm x 305mm

Albion Alloys BT5 M 5mm x 0.45mm x 305mm

Nearly didn't buy any models until I found the two kits above, kind of felt obliged to buy though. The Brass tube is for another project I have related to the two Airfix F-4's I am building, the other item I bought is in the tools thread.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Mark One do a pair of decal sheets for Firebrands - early camo and late camo.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Leading Observer

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 05, 2021, 06:53:05 AM

Update - i emailed Allen about the broken bits, just as feedback about the packaging and he's given me a full refund which was a surprise :thumbsup:

I think I lost about £6 in the exchange rates etc but still a £75 kit for £6 is a remarkable result :thumbsup: and it means I still have a bottle of good single malt whisky for xmas
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

Rheged

Quote from: Leading Observer on November 05, 2021, 01:59:01 PM

I think I lost about £6 in the exchange rates etc but still a £75 kit for £6 is a remarkable result :thumbsup: and it means I still have a bottle of good single malt whisky for xmas

A very generous gesture.  I look forward to seeing the assembled  kit.

Irrelevant question.........Which single malt do you prefer?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 05, 2021, 01:17:16 PM
Mark One do a pair of decal sheets for Firebrands - early camo and late camo.

I have the early one, didn't know they did a late one

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

I'm sure they did, as some traders were flogging them on ebay, but a google search has turned up nowt.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on November 05, 2021, 02:43:05 PM
Quote from: Leading Observer on November 05, 2021, 01:59:01 PM

A very generous gesture.  I look forward to seeing the assembled  kit.

Irrelevant question.........Which single malt do you prefer?

Never an irrelevant question.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng