My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

I really shouldn't be buying more stuff - but I might have slipped on the Evilbay, getting a Tornado decal set for next to nothing.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Rheged

A couple of basic  Airfix Jet Provost  "gift sets"  fell into my basket at £4.99 each  whilst doing my mother-in-law's shopping in Aldi this morning.  Each box contains  a basic kit, a few pot-lets of paint and a hairy stick.  One of mine will end up as a Fleet Air Arm trainer, the other as an RAF Volunteer  Reserve strike JP.

Other £4.99 kits available included  Spitfire, Hurricane, FW 190  and a 1/400 scale Mary Rose.   There may be others, but I was distracted by looking after mother-in-law!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Wooksta!

Having unpacked the somewhat large box filled to the brim with purchased goodies - and it did tax my tessellation skills somewhat - perhaps its time to list it to widespread astonishment/sneers/cries of insaity/shaking of heads/apathy (delete as applicable)

3 x Airfix Lightning F1As (One included a number of Aeroclub white metal Lightning upgrade bits, totalling more than I paid for the kit.  Result!)
3 x Airfix Lightning F3
2 x Airfix Lightning F6
1 Sword Lightning T5
1 Sword Lightning T4/T5
1 Hasegawa Lightning F6 (original)
2 x Hasegawa Lightning F6 (1980s tooling)
2 x Hasegawa Lightning F6 (original tool in Frog box)
1 Novo Lightning F6
1 Trumpeter Lightning F6
1 Matchbox Lightning T55

3 x Airfix Hunter FGA9
1 Revell Hunter F6 (upon opening earlier, it also contained a complete Hobbycraft Su 22 Fitter.  Result!)
1 Revell Hunter FGA9

1 AZ SR53 single seater
1 AZ SR53 two seater
Reluctantly, I might add, for reasons spelled out in no uncertain terms elsewhere.

1 Novo Hawker Seahawk
1 Matchbox Canberra PR9
1 Magna DH Hornet F3
1 Tamiya Mosquito NF13/17
1 Rugrat Vickers Viscount - not into airliners, but this was too good to ignore.

The following are not what I normally build, but bought for the express purpose of chopping up for various kitbashes/scratchbodges.
1 Frog boxed Hasegawa Super Sabre (possible Supermarine Type 545 F2 or type 554 T-bird)
2 x PM Sukhoi Su 15 Flagons - actually a single and a two seater.  One will end up as my interpretation of Kit's EE Flattening concerpt (the taped up proof of concept seemed to look about right), t'other may end up as part of a Vickers Type 583.
1 Amodel Sukhoi Su 9
4 x Sukhoi Su 22 Fitters - three reboxed Bilek kits and a single Hobbycraft that looks to be bang on for what I want it for (an Olympus engined EE P.6 fuselage whilst the wings may be useful for a VG Swift).  See also the extra in the Revell Hunter F6, this brings the total number of Fitters to 5.  One example also had a Pavla resin upgrade set.

Bought on behalf of other people
1 Aeroclub Anson C19
1 Airfix Britten Norman Islander
1 Airfix Britten Norman Defender

From Kitbasher
1 Hasegawa Spitfire mk IXc - this was a deal arranged a year back and was the ONLY Spitfire kit purchase
1 Heller F86 Sabre
Aeroclub XP67 Moonbat white metal undercarriage and props

From Chris
2 x Tamiya Mosquito B.IV
Plus part of a Kits at War decal sheet for Mosquitoes.

I also picked up a good quantity of decals, including one of the early Xtradecal Lightning sheets I've been hunting for, and a quantity of Modeldecal sheets at decidedly cheap prices from Hannants.
Bargain bits by way of accessories were also snaffled from some of the second hand dealers, including various Lightning bits and some Spitfire parts.

Wonderland also had their bits boxes full of sprues and bits.  Digging through, I managed to get various sprues from the Airfix Shackleton - wings, engines, props and undercarriage - mainly as donor bits for either a Lincoln or a Tudor, probably the former.

Very satisfying time.  Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

I'm home, I've unpacked and I'm unwinding. What have I bought?

AZ Martin Baker MB5
Revell/Frog Sea Vixen
Revell F-18 Hornet (early release, looks very YF-17)
HobbyBoss AH-1S Cobra
Airfix Gnat (no decals or instructions so was only £2  :thumbsup:)
KP Alpha Jet E (new release but Rob M says it has issues, lots of them)

Pack of 10 scalpel blades
5 Tamiya spray cans and a pot of paint
A pair of 1/144 bases from www.coastalkits.co.uk One is a carrier deck, the other an airfield.
And a copy of Teach For The Sky.

Martin H

Quote from: Nick on November 15, 2021, 03:30:23 PM

KP Alpha Jet E (new release but Rob M says it has issues, lots of them)

The biggest issue for Rob will be that it isnt a Hawk.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Old Wombat

So, you don't intend dying anytime soon, then, Lee. ;D ;D ;D :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

The Wooksta!

I plan to live forever.  Or die trying.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Brought in the last 2 weeks

1x Tamiya razor saw..Brought last week

1x Academy P40N ..brought today .

Not a big list but still a list   :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Dizzyfugu

A Fujimi 1:72 AH-1S "TOW Cobra" - I might attempt to kitbash it with the twin engines from a Fujimi AH-1J into something that has been created in Iran (AFAIK called "Toophan-2", a.k.a. "HESA P4"):

kitnut617

Good idea Dizzy, I've got a few plans with AH-1's myself.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on November 15, 2021, 02:48:14 PM
Having unpacked the somewhat large box filled to the brim with purchased goodies - and it did tax my tessellation skills somewhat - perhaps its time to list it to widespread astonishment/sneers/cries of insaity/shaking of heads/apathy (delete as applicable)

3 x Airfix Lightning F1As (One included a number of Aeroclub white metal Lightning upgrade bits, totalling more than I paid for the kit.  Result!)
3 x Airfix Lightning F3
2 x Airfix Lightning F6
1 Sword Lightning T5
1 Sword Lightning T4/T5
1 Hasegawa Lightning F6 (original)
2 x Hasegawa Lightning F6 (1980s tooling)
2 x Hasegawa Lightning F6 (original tool in Frog box)
1 Novo Lightning F6
1 Trumpeter Lightning F6
1 Matchbox Lightning T55

3 x Airfix Hunter FGA9
1 Revell Hunter F6 (upon opening earlier, it also contained a complete Hobbycraft Su 22 Fitter.  Result!)
1 Revell Hunter FGA9

1 AZ SR53 single seater
1 AZ SR53 two seater
Reluctantly, I might add, for reasons spelled out in no uncertain terms elsewhere.

1 Novo Hawker Seahawk
1 Matchbox Canberra PR9
1 Magna DH Hornet F3
1 Tamiya Mosquito NF13/17
1 Rugrat Vickers Viscount - not into airliners, but this was too good to ignore.

The following are not what I normally build, but bought for the express purpose of chopping up for various kitbashes/scratchbodges.
1 Frog boxed Hasegawa Super Sabre (possible Supermarine Type 545 F2 or type 554 T-bird)
2 x PM Sukhoi Su 15 Flagons - actually a single and a two seater.  One will end up as my interpretation of Kit's EE Flattening concerpt (the taped up proof of concept seemed to look about right), t'other may end up as part of a Vickers Type 583.
1 Amodel Sukhoi Su 9
4 x Sukhoi Su 22 Fitters - three reboxed Bilek kits and a single Hobbycraft that looks to be bang on for what I want it for (an Olympus engined EE P.6 fuselage whilst the wings may be useful for a VG Swift).  See also the extra in the Revell Hunter F6, this brings the total number of Fitters to 5.  One example also had a Pavla resin upgrade set.

Bought on behalf of other people
1 Aeroclub Anson C19
1 Airfix Britten Norman Islander
1 Airfix Britten Norman Defender

From Kitbasher
1 Hasegawa Spitfire mk IXc - this was a deal arranged a year back and was the ONLY Spitfire kit purchase
1 Heller F86 Sabre
Aeroclub XP67 Moonbat white metal undercarriage and props

From Chris
2 x Tamiya Mosquito B.IV
Plus part of a Kits at War decal sheet for Mosquitoes.

I also picked up a good quantity of decals, including one of the early Xtradecal Lightning sheets I've been hunting for, and a quantity of Modeldecal sheets at decidedly cheap prices from Hannants.
Bargain bits by way of accessories were also snaffled from some of the second hand dealers, including various Lightning bits and some Spitfire parts.

Wonderland also had their bits boxes full of sprues and bits.  Digging through, I managed to get various sprues from the Airfix Shackleton - wings, engines, props and undercarriage - mainly as donor bits for either a Lincoln or a Tudor, probably the former.

Very satisfying time.  Thoroughly enjoyed the weekend.

Bloody hell, Lee! That's half a stashTM on its own!  :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/72 Special Hobby SH72322 Folland Gnat F.1 British Single Seaters which includeds marking for "The Navy" from Hot Shots

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Steel Penguin

the box ( o doom)  was impressively filled by 11 am on sat morning Lee  I think you may have added even more   :o   
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

The box was overflowing, so I got a larger one late sunday afternoon.

Should have added a Hallamvac Westland Welkin to the list.  It comes with decals too - the one I bought back in 1990 didn't.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan: