My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: Gondor on November 18, 2021, 01:57:21 PM
Quote from: scooter on November 18, 2021, 01:35:25 PM

Just how many shades?

The SIX flavours of Black are; Dirty Black, Vulcanized Rubber, Tire Black, Worn Black, Deep Cockpit and Burned Black which would be handy in dioramas for painting toast or the sunday roast. ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D  reminds me of the time I went to the paint store because a job I was working on wanted Battleship Grey. 'What shade' I was asked, 'how many shades are there' I said, '120 odd' was the answer  :o
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kitnut617 on November 18, 2021, 02:58:55 PM
Quote from: Gondor on November 18, 2021, 01:57:21 PM
Quote from: scooter on November 18, 2021, 01:35:25 PM

Just how many shades?

The SIX flavours of Black are; Dirty Black, Vulcanized Rubber, Tire Black, Worn Black, Deep Cockpit and Burned Black which would be handy in dioramas for painting toast or the sunday roast. ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D  reminds me of the time I went to the paint store because a job I was working on wanted Battleship Grey. 'What shade' I was asked, 'how many shades are there' I said, '120 odd' was the answer  :o

So, that's a sequel and a half, then?  :o

zenrat

This arrived today from BNA Model World along with an Eduard cockpit PE set for an Airfix Bucc.
I was intending not adding to the aircraft stash until i'd knocked out a few (yeah, right) but couldn't resist this.
20211119_101819 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Thankfully its not moulded in red.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

The wing/fuselage join looks as though it could get interesting on that.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

More bits from the Big Yellow H arrive3d today

1 x 1/72 Eduard SS172 Mirage 2000C
1 x 1/72 Eduard SS204 F-15E

1 x 1/72 Italeri F-104G Starfighter
1 x 1/72 Special Hobby Gloster Meteor F.8 Prone Pilot

Yes the two kits will be merged, or rather the prone part will be fitted to the F-104  :wacko:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Looks like we're en route for a prone pilot GB before long.  ;)

Ah, I've already built mine. :(

If I get to the Perrth Show next year Alastair, we could have a small Prone Pilot display, eh?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 19, 2021, 08:23:55 AM

If I get to the Perth Show next year Alastair, we could have a small Prone Pilot display, eh?

I have two of the Prone F8's, one for the F-104 and the other is for a Scimitar so adding your hunter would make three so far, if I get mine done.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

PR19_Kit

And I have another PP Meteor kit in The Loft too.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 16, 2021, 03:07:18 AM
A Fujimi 1:72 AH-1S "TOW Cobra" - I might attempt to kitbash it with the twin engines from a Fujimi AH-1J into something that has been created in Iran (AFAIK called "Toophan-2", a.k.a. "HESA P4"):

They look like an AH-1S with the power pack of the AH-1J both of which I have in the stash. Looks like I will have to get another two to do that version myself.

Gondor

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 19, 2021, 08:23:55 AM
Looks like we're en route for a prone pilot GB before long.  ;)

Ah, I've already built mine. :(

If I get to the Perrth Show next year Alastair, we could have a small Prone Pilot display, eh?

If you add the RAE TRA (Transonic Research Aircraft) you'd really throw some people off ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 19, 2021, 06:07:48 AM
The wing/fuselage join looks as though it could get interesting on that.

The kit is broken down pretty much like an actual Vega:
left and right fuselage shells and a "one-piece" wing assembly.
The Lockheed Stars (high-wing, low-wing and metal fuselage) all used the same basic fuselage design.
The Lockheed-Detroit DL-1 series had a metal fuselage.

Lockheed Vega concrete forms for fuselage halves [Van Rossen G27 via Lockheed CC 4605 via RJF] by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

Lockheed Vega production line [Lockheed AM 3729 via RJF] by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

Lockheed Vega production line [Lockheed AM 3744 via RJF] by SDASM Archives, on Flickr

The one-off DL-1/Y1C-17 Speed Vega

Wardukw

In the mail today ...
1x Revell Type 7 C/41 submarine in 1:144 scale..i brought this for a friend 3 months ago   :lol:
Building it for him too..first sub ive ever built and in about an hour i will have finshed building it.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Collected from Uncle Frank this morning:
Various Xtradecal sheets - the new 72nd Mosquito B.XVI sheet, Meteor F8, a Tornado one plus a few 48th sheets, including one for the Hawk that I already have but will need again and, very surprising considering the subject as I hate it with a passion you can barely dream of, the F4K Phantom.  I only want these for the unit markings as they transfer nicely to EE P8s, especially the 43 Sqn ones.

And a Modelsvit Sukhoi Su 32, which is an Su 7 derivative and possibly a donor fuselage for the P6.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

Ev!lbay informed me that I have won a Heller Saab J21 for EUR 6,50,- which noone else apparently wanted.
Might end up as a donor bank for a vague kitbashing project.