My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2021, 10:25:05 AM
The entrance to The Loft is via a ladder and hatch at the far end of the bathroom. It's a VERY weird shaped house....... :(

That simply sounds interesting to me  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TheChronicOne

Damn, dude! Bogus outcome.......  Well I hope you get your ceiling patched up at least. Not to rub salt in the wound, but perhaps there's a lesson about procrastination in here.  ;D    (I'm not one to talk, however....  I leave things setting where they shouldn't for months, and it's bit me in the behind plenty  ;D )
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

Patient delivered a big box yesterday containing a Fantastic Plastic Vickers Type 559.

Looking forward to building it, once I get the bench clear of the stalled Lightnings.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 25, 2021, 12:45:48 PM

(I'm not one to talk, however....  I leave things setting where they shouldn't for months......... )

Years in my case, just too much going on in my life. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2021, 01:48:25 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 25, 2021, 12:45:48 PM

(I'm not one to talk, however....  I leave things setting where they shouldn't for months......... )

Years in my case, just too much going on in my life. :(

The list of things needing done is infinite, but the hours in the day is not. Despite this, you get more done than most people I know! Still... wouldn't it be nice if days were much longer or we didn't need sleep? Wish in one hand.....     

This is a crap time of year for this to occur. If we were neighbors I'd come over and get things cleaned up and get the repair started as far as having it prepped for professionals. This is the DOWNSIDE of friendships across oceans. Here's an upside, perhaps!! At least you weren't in there at the time getting clubbed over the head by falling debris.  :o   Ever the optimist......  ;)   
-Sprues McDuck-

Wardukw

Im not a fan for this time of yr either..i dont know what it is but if anything is going to die in the arse its this time.
This time last yr the alternator in my car died..125kms from home and guess whats sitting in a box on my shelf at home..brand new alternator..no bloody good there.
The yr before that i had to buy a new car ..to much rust and not worth fixing it ..would have needed a new wind screen and so on and we still dealing with the covid lockdown here and all my immediate family live in Auckland..where i cant go yet..and Kit kits get crunched..god i hope its only the boxes which are buggered..and its nasty hot too here...so yeah i freaking love this time of yr.
I fully intend to buy $300 bucks worth of models and model stuff to cheer myself up .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 25, 2021, 04:50:46 PM
I fully intend to buy $300 bucks worth of models and model stuff to cheer myself up .

Sounds like A Good Plan!
Hope that goes well.  :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your kit losses, Kit... wait, I'm confusing myself.

zenrat

Terrible news Kit.

I went to the LHS today intending to buy only paint...

...and did just that.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on November 26, 2021, 03:46:08 AM
I went to the LHS today intending to buy only paint...

...and did just that.

Are you feeling OK, Fred? :unsure:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 25, 2021, 10:05:09 AM
Some more of my bathroom ceiling fell down this afternoon, and most of it fell on a bunch of kits that were waiting to be shifted up to The Loft.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Just now I've no idea how many kits are salvageable but many of the boxes will be totalled. :(

Sorry about that Kit, just hope as many as possible are salvageable and that the ceiling can be fixed easily.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I'm hoping that Kit's loft is floored so that the rest of his stash doesn't end up on the bathroom floor.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Gondor on November 26, 2021, 06:08:42 AM

I'm hoping that Kit's loft is floored so that the rest of his stash doesn't end up on the bathroom floor.

It certainly is, that was the first thing I did to the house when we bout it in 1983. All good Minnesotan 7 ply wood, culled from the packing crates of a big job my employers did for Austin-Rover at the time.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

scooter

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2021, 08:40:05 AM
Quote from: Gondor on November 26, 2021, 06:08:42 AM

It certainly is, that was the first thing I did to the house when we bout it in 1983. All good Minnesotan 7 ply wood, culled from the packing crates of a big job my employers did for Austin-Rover at the time.  ;D :thumbsup:

Reduce, reuse, recycle. :thumbsup:

And in today's lumber market, probably worth more than your house, Kit.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

PR19_Kit

Quote from: scooter on November 26, 2021, 08:42:12 AM

Reduce, reuse, recycle. :thumbsup:

And in today's lumber market, probably worth more than your house, Kit.

At the present rate The Loft floor will outlast the house!

We found out that we were supposed to dispose of the umpteen packing crates as part of the contract, so I 'disposed' of them.  ;D

Regards
Kit