My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Hunter mate your not wrong ..Ouch is a pretty good way to describe it..im not going to bother going on about everything else here but yeah ouch.
They say that cause we're so far away from everyone else things cost more ..even the stuff made here..go figure.
Im not saying we live in the A hole of the world but we can see it from here.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

major

Quote from: nighthunter on November 29, 2021, 04:41:17 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 26, 2021, 10:35:48 PM
Everything has gone nuts with prices guys..we at $2.52 per ltr for gas  now....crazy.
I just did the math, and that's $9.55 NZD per US Gallon, that's $6.52 USD per US Gallon, and it's £4.89 per US Gallon, or £1.29 per Litre. OUCH!!! And I thought it was bad with $3.79 USD per US Gallon...
And €1.65 per litre here in Ireland!  :banghead:

Wardukw

Still not going to buy a bloody tesla or anything else electric..i love the fact i can stop at a building and couple of mins later im driving again..not hoping to hell i dont run out of spark ..petrol still the winner in my book.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on November 29, 2021, 04:52:12 PM
Hunter mate your not wrong ..Ouch is a pretty good way to describe it..im not going to bother going on about everything else here but yeah ouch.
They say that cause we're so far away from everyone else things cost more ..even the stuff made here..go figure.
Im not saying we live in the A hole of the world but we can see it from here.

That's always been the go-to excuse-of-choice, but lately they're pushing it towards the ludicrous...

Any bets as to whether things will actually get cheaper again when/if things get closer to the old 'Normal'??  :rolleyes: :angry:

Wardukw

Scary to say Rick but i doubt there will ever be a normal again..prices sure as hell aint going to drop and if they do its going to be by a small amount..wages of course wont change and since im a full time invalid life wont all roses and i am for sure not going to be the only one ...we all in poop street now.
I know ive never had to be vaccinated to live in my country before..same for you guys to I'll bet.
I do wonder how many more excuses the governments will come up with to explain why the worlds gone into the toilet..that will be intresting for sure.

AeroplaneDriver

Anyway...back to recent model acquisitions. 

I'm about to win an Airfix 1/48 Sea Vixen and I'm quite happy about that.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: major on November 29, 2021, 05:50:12 PM

And €1.65 per litre here in Ireland!  :banghead:

Motorway service areas are charging that much in POUNDS in the UK!  :o

Not that I'd be so daft as to actually do so of course, my local garage is charging £1.43 litre at the moment.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Petrol vs diesel vs ethanol vs electricity - there's so many factors to weigh in that I, even though I'm in the energy business, wouldn't dare to guess where we're at in ten to fifteen years. In the short term, electric seems the way to go (and it is absolutely superb in an situation but refill) but in the longer term - God knows. I don't think fossil fuels will cut it, but synthetic combustible fuels seem a way to go too, depending on how the electricity market looks.

Anyway - I just yanked one of these off EBay.
Probably, it'll get a lo-vis USN Tomcat scheme if I ever get to build it. I rarely build American these days, so it could be debated why I shelled out for it..   :o
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

PR19_Kit

It may be ancient, and possibly inaccurate (but who cares, this is WhiffWorld...) but that's quite a nice kit to build. I reviewed it for Scale Models mag back in the 70s, and got a trip to Upper Heyford to watch the first F-111E arrive there as a result.  ;D

The landing gear is meant to retract, but it's VERY fiddly and will surely break after a few attempts, so I'd recommend just gluing it in place, but pretty much everything else goes together very well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Pellson

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 30, 2021, 04:40:31 AM
It may be ancient, and possibly inaccurate (but who cares, this is WhiffWorld...) but that's quite a nice kit to build. I reviewed it for Scale Models mag back in the 70s, and got a trip to Upper Heyford to watch the first F-111E arrive there as a result.  ;D

The landing gear is meant to retract, but it's VERY fiddly and will surely break after a few attempts, so I'd recommend just gluing it in place, but pretty much everything else goes together very well.

As it's going to be an F-111B(+), no one's ever seen an in service evolved example live, so the kits inaccuracies will be viewed as whif-accurate.  ;)

Regarding landing gear - all my aircraft are build flying, hence gear up. So no worries there. As a matter of fact, I'll most likely glue the stabilators and wings as well.

And right now, I'm looking forward to it, actually. Maybe this is what'll drag me back to the building table after this quite extended hiatus.  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on November 30, 2021, 05:12:49 AM

And right now, I'm looking forward to it, actually. Maybe this is what'll drag me back to the building table after this quite extended hiatus.  :wub:

Sometimes a kit like that is just what we need to get us out a "funk"  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

When it comes to fuel types...like Pellson said..its pretty much anyones guess.
Now back to model arrivals..
1x Academy P40C Flying Tigers arrived in the mail yesterday..only brought it 2 weeks ago  :lol:
Going to wiffy this quite a bit i think .

Gondor

Received from the Big yellow H today

1 x 1/72 Meng Fiat G.91R NATO Air Forces

1 x 1/72 Sword C-29A/U-125/BAe-125-800

2 x 1/72 Quickboost British Phantom FG.1/FGR.2 Radar Warning Receiver sets for the Airfix kit.

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal Royal Air Force Update 2013-14, bought mainly for the Rivit Joint markings

and from eBay

1 x 1/72 Revell NH-90 helicopter kit, I think its a protatype machine, good for whiffing though

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

jcf

Quote from: Pellson on November 30, 2021, 05:12:49 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 30, 2021, 04:40:31 AM

As it's going to be an F-111B(+), no one's ever seen an in service evolved example live, so the kits inaccuracies will be viewed as whif-accurate.  ;)

Regarding landing gear - all my aircraft are build flying, hence gear up. So no worries there. As a matter of fact, I'll most likely glue the stabilators and wings as well.

Tommy Thomason covers the ins-n-outs of the F-111B very well on his blog and in his monograph.
https://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/search?q=f-111b

This entry talks about the differences in the nose that would have been seen in a production version,
compared to the prototypes. The Revell kit is of an early prototype configuration.
http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2014/01/production-f-111b-fuselage.html

zenrat

A consignment from BNA model world today.

This one because I saw resin figures of a rider with a pig in the sidecar somewhere.  Just have to remember where now (AMW?).
20211201_095728 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

These are for the Meng "NotaLandCruiser" Ute.
20211201_095744 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

And this will not be going on the back of a ute.
20211201_095734 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..