My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Nick on December 03, 2021, 12:36:26 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on December 02, 2021, 04:23:27 PM
The land cursier with the BMP1 turret on the box top is the very frist vehicles seen with that set up..ive seen the footage with this very vehicle firing and bloody hell..recoil was fun..that thing moved sideways when it fired and the pics Guy posted are later variants.
Feom the info i could find the BMP which donated its turret was a wreck..no engine or tracks ..abandoned would be the word.
As you guys can imagine finding pics of buggered BMPs still their turrets still attached isnt much of a problem.

This looks like the big recoil, just wait for the blast! https://www.military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/battles/fsa-mounts-tank-turret-on-truck/2538422613001

The Houthi forces in Yemen have attached a BMP turret to a Humvee
https://www.armyrecognition.com/weapons_defence_industry_military_technology_uk/hybrid_combat_vehicle_humvee_fitted_with_bmp-1_73mm_turret_used_by_houthi_militia_in_yemen.html

Firearm blog has a nice video of a half turret on a technical
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/11/14/fsa-technicals-part-1-bmp-turrets-on-pick-ups/

(Mods - worth moving this stuff into a new thread?)

I've opened it up now and had a captain's at the parts.
It looks good detail wise. Top hatch can be posed open although there is no interior detail or breech.
The gunners seat is actually a swivel desk chair on castors.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

My Whirlybird order has arrived and comprised two each of the following:
English Electric P1A - complete resin kit with optional belly tank and two sets of wings to do either the first prototype or the one with the kinked and cambered wing.  Over the moon with this.
English Electric P1B - optional belly tank, two sets of wheels, two bang seats and no less than four tailfins, all of which flown by the Lightning at some point.
Hawker P.1121
Supermarine 545. The resin upgrades are very comprehensive and most welcome.

And I'm waiting for a KP Su-7 from a guy on Britmodeller.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Received today from the Hobbycraft Black Friday sale

2 x 1/72 Revall BAe Hawk T1., just need to get the new conversion from Colin and ready to go  :thumbsup:

Which is a dam sight better than my local Hermes driver who put the package in one of the comunal bin rather than my own which has a number on it  :rolleyes: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

From eBay

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72329 Hawker Siddeley HS.125 Collection, For the BAe 125-800 I got recently by Sword

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Wardukw

Fred mate i forgot all about that..yeah its annoying theres no interior in the turret..dont quote me but i think theres a resin BMP 1 turret interior out there some where .
Guy ...xmas sorted or what matey ???  :lol:..mines looking pretty damn good to this yr  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

DogfighterZen

I guess i can say i got myself a couple of early xmas presents... :mellow:

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

JayBee

Arrived to-day from the BIG H.

Warpaint 131, The AUSTER in British military & Foreign Air Arm service. Fantastically illustrated.
Thunderbird Models paint mask set, D H Heron II 1/72 X2
                       "                                 H P 42 1/144
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

AeroplaneDriver

A couple of nice pickups from eBay this week...

1/48 Airfix Javelin FAW.2 for under $50 because one small part has an easily repairable break.
1/48 Hasegawa P-40E with True Details resin cockpit and four Eagle Strike P-40 decal sets, all for $50 and free shipping. 
1/48 Roden OV-1 Mohawk
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Gondor

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 04, 2021, 09:41:52 AM

1/48 Airfix Javelin FAW.2 for under $50 because one small part has an easily repairable break.
1/48 Hasegawa P-40E with True Details resin cockpit and four Eagle Strike P-40 decal sets, all for $50 and free shipping. 
1/48 Roden OV-1 Mohawk

The top two sound like real bargains, no idea about the third though.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: Gondor on December 04, 2021, 09:43:31 AM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 04, 2021, 09:41:52 AM

1/48 Roden OV-1 Mohawk

The top tweo sound like real bargains, no idea about the third though.

Gondor

First two were definite scores.  The Mohawk was just over $30 with shipping so it was a good deal too I think.  They seem to typically sell for about $30 plus shipping. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Howard of Effingham

From the Winter Model Show at the Midland Air Museum and all in 1/72

Airfix Consolidated Liberator
AZ SR53T The trainer version
2 Esci F104 Starfighters

A couple of decal sheets and from one trader a number of Xtracolor Airliner enamels.  :wacko:
Keeper of George the Cat.

Pellson

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 05, 2021, 08:49:47 AM
2 Esci F104 Starfighters

The best Starfighters there are in Gods own scale.  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Nick

I had a good day out today at the London Plastic Model Show in Chalk Farm. Chris and I went for a liquid lunch after picking up some bargains.
The show itself was full with clubs and traders but there was a severe lack of visitors. We put this down to a lack of advertising, Covid, and the general run-up to Xmas.

Chris kindly gave me the kit from the goodie bag he got with his entry fee - an IBG PanzerKampfWagen III Ausf A.

One trader was offering 3 old kits for £10 which would have been rude to refuse  <_<

FROG Blackburn Shark. Released in 1968, floats or wheels, wings folded or extended, 3 options for markings...  ;D
(Nice review here: https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/frog-1-72-blackburn-shark-out-of-box/  )

SMER Bloch MB152. Another vintage kit and far simpler than the Shark to build. French markings are included but they need replacing. Romania and Greece also had these. Most interestingly a squadron of Polish pilots escaped to France to fly these in the Battle of France and then took 4 of them across the Channel where they were painted with RAF roundels.
These were the same chaps who formed 303 Squadron, made famous in the Battle of Britain film for not following orders.. "Repeat please?"  ;D

And finally the oddity:
Politechnika Gribovski G-11. A troop carrying glider first kitted in 1991, this has been reboxed by Eastern Express, Aer and Parc Models.
I wasn't even aware that the Soviets had combat gliders until I saw this. Around 500+ were built to deliver supplies to partisans behind enemy lines and to the defenders of Stalingrad.
It's made with a strange white plastic that is so thin and semi-transparent that you can read the instructions through the wing. Goodness knows what glue will work on it.  :unsure:

Dizzyfugu

An 1:72 Italeri A-129 Mangusta helicopter, earmarked as a donor bank for a conversion project.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 05, 2021, 02:36:07 PM

One trader was offering 3 old kits for £10 which would have been rude to refuse  <_<

Oh, I'd better apologise next year then  ;)

As Nick has said it was a nice little show, albeit a little on the empty side  visitor wise. This did mean that it was easier to have some quite long conversations with some of the traders and exhibitors though.

As far as purchases are concerned then I only picked up a Sword 1/72 Avenger/Tarpon Mk I. I may well build this as one of the aircraft on the carrier my dad served on in the BPF. While I was looking at the kit in more detail on the train home I read in the instructions blurb that a FAA aircraft whilst on patrol in the Channel during 1944 found a V.1 rapidly approaching them from the rear and the Navigator/ ventral gunner shot it down from a range of about 500 yards. Bet he/they dined out on that tale for weeks  ;D

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Received from the BIG yellow H today

1 x 1/72 Clear Prop! OV-1A/JOV-1A Mohawk. 71 steps in the instructions  :o and 5 decal options

1 x 1/72 Resikit Canberra Wheelbays. Bought intending to squeese them into the old Airfix kit that I am going to use for Prone Pilot but I bought an S+M Carnberra B6 today so I may have to get another set.

Gondor