My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Try to get the current Whirlybird boxing, as it comes with resin wheel well bays and cockpit tub, but be quick.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 23, 2021, 11:29:17 AM
Try to get the current Whirlybird boxing, as it comes with resin wheel well bays and cockpit tub, but be quick.

That's what I had for my last one Lee. I'm quite happy to go with what I have.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Hobbes

Just arrived (literally: postman rang the doorbell at 21:30, they're working ridiculous hours atm)

HA Models Fokker QED yacht (1:144)
In 1938, Anthony Fokker commissioned a yacht using lightweight construction, and aircraft engines.

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

That looks years ahead of its time! Nice!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

After announcing my last purchase of the year I found an eBay seller with quite a few good kits going at auction for good prices plus combined shipping so I got a VERY good deal on:

1/48 Airfix Hunter F.6
1/48 Airfix Red Arrows Gnat
1/48 Airfix Spitfire PR.XIX
1/72 Airfix A-4B.

All brand new red-box kits delivered to the front door for about $90 total.

A nice early visit today from Father Christmas.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 20, 2021, 05:47:57 AM
1 x Italeri 1/48 North American F-86E Sabre (IT2799) - to be kit bashed with the 1/72 La-200B I bought last order (the 1/72 F-86 I bought wasn't going to work) :unsure:
1 x Eduard 1/72 Zlin Z-37A Cmelak Bumblebee [Weekend Edition] (ED 7456) - curse you Václav "PantherG" Maděra! :banghead: ;)
1 x Eduard 1/72 Czechoslovak Fighter Biplane Avia B-534 II Serie [Weekend Edition] (ED 7448) - this may be a build for my grandson, maybe :angel:
1 x Special Hobby 1/72 Czechoslovakia L-13 Blanik (SH72342) - will be done as VH-GIW, the L-13 I learned to fly in at the Millicent Gliding Club in the late-80's ... kinda, I have only vague memories & no photo's :-\
1 x Special Hobby 1/72 WWII Czechoslovak AF Letov S-328 (SH72145) - it's Czech, do I need another reason? :unsure: ;D
1 x Trumpeter 1/35 Sweden Strv 103C Main Battle Tank (TR 00310) - it's an S-tank & it was cheap(ish) <_<

This lot arrived at the PO box this morning. :thumbsup:

The 103's a small beast! :o

DogfighterZen

Well, like Nick, i announced my last acquisitions for the stash in 2021 recently but, it's been a while since i've been looking for one of these for under 60€ and finally found a good promotion in a Portuguese online store for 45€ with free shipping.  :mellow:

Still waiting for an Italeri 1/72 Super Etendard and a set of Reskit 1/48 Python 5 missiles that comes with 2 pairs of these "Go get'em Sticks"... And, last night i just couldn't sleep so i sat at the pc and got on the AK interactive site... ended up ordering the 1/48 Modelsvit P-51H and a couple of washes... :rolleyes: ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Xmas gift from my favourite sister.

Looks good in the box.  Will be RAAF white-tail scheme.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

What a nice favourite sister! :thumbsup:

Or is she your favourite sister because she was so nice? :unsure: ;)

zenrat

Whether Katherine remains my favourite depends on what Suzanne has bought me this year...

;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Nothing for me kit wise for Christmas, but got the kids an Airfix Quickbuild P-51D Mustang and F-35 so I can get a modelling fix by proxy. Did manage to score a Lego Technic Hovercraft though!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on December 25, 2021, 05:45:40 AM
Whether Katherine remains my favourite depends on what Suzanne has bought me this year...

;)

The practical (a.k.a. mercenary) response! :thumbsup: ;)

kitbasher

£10 Sussex Model Centre voucher off grandson #2.  He'll be living about 30 mins walk away from there from January, so a trip down there in the New Year.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

AeroplaneDriver

I had a hard time coming up with gift ideas to give SWMBO this year so she just told me to send some model ideas. She did quite well with the list I sent her!  My best Chrimbus model haul in a long time. 

So I got that going for me...which is nice....