My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 25, 2021, 04:40:54 AM
Xmas gift from my favourite sister.

Looks good in the box.  Will be RAAF white-tail scheme.

Mine will be RNZAF  ;D Nice looking kit, but I must admit I'm not a fan of the colour plastic they've used. Looks like it might be hard to cover ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Meanwhile just one piece of plastic for Crimbo, but it proves subtle hints, points in the right direction can help : A 1/48 scale Eduard Hawker Tempest Mk II Profi Pack ended up in Santa's sack  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2021, 01:40:40 AM
Meanwhile just one piece of plastic for Crimbo, but it proves subtle hints, points in the right direction can help : A 1/48 scale Eduard Hawker Tempest Mk II Profi Pack ended up in Santa's sack  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ooh! Very good! :party:

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on December 26, 2021, 01:42:07 AM

Indeed and it means I can now build 1/48 examples of the Aircraft the RAF started and finished WWII with. An early Mk I Spitfire and the Tempest II and yes I know the Tempest wasn't operational but it was in service.  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2021, 01:38:32 AM

Mine will be RNZAF  ;D Nice looking kit, but I must admit I'm not a fan of the colour plastic they've used. Looks like it might be hard to cover ?

As someone who has built model cars moulded in yellow and in orange and in red (and still has examples in the stash) I am more than happy with the colour of the plastic.
But you are right, it may cause white to adopt a greenish cast.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2021, 01:38:32 AM

Halfords primer is your best friend.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2021, 01:47:52 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on December 26, 2021, 01:42:07 AM

Indeed and it means I can now build 1/48 examples of the Aircraft the RAF started and finished WWII with. An early Mk I Spitfire and the Tempest II and yes I know the Tempest wasn't operational but it was in service.  :thumbsup:

I'm delighted to hear that Santa still believes in you!!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Dizzyfugu

A late ev!lbay purchase: a GOFFY resin T-34 conversion set for an Egyptian 122mm SPG. Might end up as an integral hull segment on a T-54/55 chassis, as an experimental post WWII tank hunter (such things actually existed, but whiffing one for fun is always an option) or a domestic conversion.

The Wooksta!

From Uncle Frank:
A model Yak 28R - was to have been a parts donor, but it turns out it isn't.  Another warpac kit to add to the disposal pile.

From eBay:
Lindberg 48th Hunter - for a P.1103 build, although it may be a tad too big.
Revell MiG 21 - part of a lot with
Amodel Su-9U - parts donor. Fuselage for P.6 and the wings are useful too. I'm thinking one of the BAC P.45s, as VG was too heavy for it, so a TSR2 wing is better and it was drawn up.

I'm still tempted with a 2 seat Jag with TSR instrumentation and wing as a lead in trainer.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Been for a spending spree on the Kingkit site, but I'll reveal all whence they arrive.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

AeroplaneDriver

Not a Christmas prezzie, but still a Choir Of Angels on he doorstep this morning as the Kinetic Sea Harrier I ordered from China on freaking September 3 FINALLY arrived!! 

Already built this kit as a RW Falklands machine (Sharkey's Machine I think), so this one is currently earmarked for an "almost if" RAN aircraft. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 27, 2021, 03:30:40 PM
Been for a spending spree on the Kingkit site..

I really like Kingkit, but Brexit has made ordering from them a gamble. Some orders are subjected to VAT in both countries and some aren't. Some are then taxed and some are not. The price can easily be tripled if you're unlucky.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

The Wooksta!

Ideally, you need someone who lives here but occasionally travels to Sweden. A PM to Kitbasher may be of some use.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Old Wombat

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on December 28, 2021, 09:04:19 AM
Not a Christmas prezzie, but still a Choir Of Angels on he doorstep this morning as the Kinetic Sea Harrier I ordered from China on freaking September 3 FINALLY arrived!! 

Already built this kit as a RW Falklands machine (Sharkey's Machine I think), so this one is currently earmarked for an "almost if" RAN aircraft.

Be looking forward to that, if that's what you decide to do! :thumbsup: