My stash just grew again 2021

Started by Martin H, January 01, 2021, 01:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellson

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 28, 2021, 11:57:11 AM
Ideally, you need someone who lives here but occasionally travels to Sweden. A PM to Kitbasher may be of some use.

Yeah, that is a thought. 
That said - SWMBO does have some comments on me adding to the stashTM more rapidly than building from it..  :rolleyes:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

scooter

Quote from: Pellson on December 29, 2021, 07:54:05 AM
That said - SWMBO does have some comments on me adding to the stashTM more rapidly than building from it..  :rolleyes:

Isn't that usually the case?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Pellson

Quote from: scooter on December 29, 2021, 08:28:00 AM

I regret to inform you that I am not at liberty to discuss these items freely..  ;)
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Pellson on December 29, 2021, 08:40:14 AM
Quote from: scooter on December 29, 2021, 08:28:00 AM

I regret to inform you that I am not at liberty to discuss these items freely..  ;)

Also quite often the case! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

I love how you guys with bosses chat about your stashes  ;D
Us with out bosses poeple are lucky and unlucky at the same time  :unsure:
Oh well ..healthy stashes to all  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Had a parcel arrive on Christmas Eve, all 1/72:

PM Sea Fury - to be Allison-turboprop-powered, inspiration from Dizzy
Yak 23 Flora, to be DB-603 powered (or maybe RR Griffon...), inspiration from Jorel
A4 fuselage, to be mated to a Sukhoi-21 rear fuselage and (stop reading here, Kit!) cut-down 707-style wings- again, inspiration from Jorel.

(I am also working on an F4U Corsair with Allison turboprop, again inspiration from Dizzy,  but I already had that in the stash)

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on December 29, 2021, 07:54:05 AM
Ideally, you need someone who lives here but occasionally travels to Sweden. A PM to Kitbasher may be of some use.

Yeah, that is a thought. 

Point at her shoes/handbags/earrings or other ephemera and then run  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

A Begemot decal set ordered a couple of days ago at an Ukrainian model shop arrived today, together with the GOFFY T-34 conversion set from ev!lbay. Probably the last addition(s) to The Stash(es)™ for this year. But who knows...?  :rolleyes:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rick Lowe on December 29, 2021, 07:19:34 PM

........ (stop reading here, Kit!) cut-down 707-style wings- again........

But you'll have the chopped off bits to add on to something else.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

From Southern Model Supplies xmas/boxing day/new years/whatever sale.

Tow Truck AA Type by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Kit and three bottles of SMS lacquer paint for a good price.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

Quote from: DogfighterZen on December 25, 2021, 04:25:24 AM
And, last night i just couldn't sleep so i sat at the pc and got on the AK interactive site... ended up ordering the 1/48 Modelsvit P-51H and a couple of washes... :rolleyes: ;D

Delivered yesterday...

Well, although i'm still waiting for a couple of orders, these are certainly the last items added to my stash in 2021 cause i'm pretty sure the rest won't be delivered this week. See y'all in the 2022 thread. ;D :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Recently arrived, as in less than half an hour ago... from eBay

1 x 1/72 Xtrakit Hunter T.7 to be an Institute of Aviation Medicine aircraft and so will be real world so I can pinch the two seat part from a Matchbox Hunter for something else

From the Whirlybird sale

2 x 1/72 Whirlybird Hawker P.1121. I enjoyed the first one I built years ago, the undercarriage looks as if its resin now and not white metal.

1 x 1/72 Whirlybird RAF Puma update set.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Word to the wise - the fit on that Xtrakit Hunter is poor, especially the wing/fuselage as there's a weird block thing in the well that impedes fit.  If you've got the Freightdog P.1083 Hunter wing conversion, use the resulting spare Revell wings on the Xtrakit - the kit ones look to be too narrow in chord compared to the Revell - although that odd block thing needs to come out and you'd need to grout out .

I may have some spare Hunter T-bird front ends, resin ones copied direct from a built up Matchbox one (I still have the mould too).  Not sure where the spines are, but I'll pass some along at some point.

It's really annoying that there isn't an available decent Hunter T-bird in 72nd off the shelf.  The PJ conversion is hard to find but very nice and builds up easily and the Odds and Ordnance one looks good too, but these add an extra £15-20 on top of the eyes and sockets charged for the Revell kit these days.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Gondor

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 30, 2021, 07:07:57 AM

It's really annoying that there isn't an available decent Hunter T-bird in 72nd off the shelf.  The PJ conversion is hard to find but very nice and builds up easily and the Odds and Ordnance one looks good too, but these add an extra £15-20 on top of the eyes and sockets charged for the Revell kit these days.

Odds and Ordnance were taken over by AlleyCat. Their items are only available in the UK through Models for Sale who have very limited stock.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TheChronicOne

Pan Am B-52?
Eastern B-1?
Delta B-2?

Something or other...    Oooh, I know what would be funny... just a generic general aviation B-2 painted like a little Cessna 152 or something.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-