Bloch MB-304

Started by 63cpe, January 01, 2021, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

First projects for 2021 also hatched. I had two build MB 152's. One was part of a lot of built aircraft the other from Aeroplanedriver (if I remember correctly). So why not combine them Tophe-style? That's how the MB-304 was created.

IMG_20210101_174958826 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20210101_174950726 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Now PSR will commence..

David aka 63cpe

ericr

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

Can you reverse the prop on one side? Looks cool but that would make it even better!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

63cpe

Ah, good point Kerick.  :thumbsup:

Didn't get to it yet. Think one prop will come off anyway during PSR...seems inevitable.

David aka 63cpe

kerick

One of the projects on my to do list is a P-47 zwilling like this. Anyone know where I could find a similar reverse pitch prop?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

PR19_Kit

Gentle heat and re-twist the blades of a standard prop? It'll have the wrong section but from a foot away you won't see it.

Or update the prop to a pair from a Twin Mustang?  Use a couple from one of the umpteen FROG Shackleton kits that are knocking around surplus now that Revell have released a modern one?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Hotte

zenrat

One side Vichy, the other Free French?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hotte

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on January 02, 2021, 03:29:16 AM

One side Vichy, the other Free French?

I'm all in favour of asymmetric colour schemes, if only to show two different periods of an item's life, but they did it the RW too.

Probably the most famous was G-BOAD, one of BA's Concordes, which was the BA Red Tail scheme on one side and Singapore Airlines scheme on the other. KLM and VIASA did it to one of KLM's 747s as well, and that one was particularly photogenic. I have decal sheets both of those models, and I've already built G-BOAD.  ;D

The scope is almost endless in WhiffWorld.  ;)

My railway coach, Lab 4 'Hastings', will be Southern Region green on one one side and BR Research Blue and Red on the other, when it's finished in about 100 yrs of course.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Looking forward to this one a lot  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

63cpe

Bon soire all.....
I somehow missed the suggestion to do each fuselage in another french scheme of the period. So, I did it overall in the same French scheme at outbreak of ww2.

Background story is some Bloch 152's escaped by ship from Vichy France to Algeria. The French feigned that the aircraft was disassembled and shipped to Germany and would be reassembled for evaluation purposes. Instead, they were shipped directly to Beljaia, Algeria. In Algeria the aircraft were reassembled to pick up the fights over Vichy France, Italy and the mediterranian region.  Therefore a bigger range was necessary and the Bloch´s were reworked during reassembly to twin fuselage fighters with much more fuel and range.

Anyway, i shot some pics of the finished project.
IMG_7663 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7664 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7667 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7668 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7669 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7670 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

As it´s also a tribute to Tophe, I did some head-on picture for Tophe to toy with...
IMG_7673 (2) by
Buddy Holly, on Flickr
IMG_7674 (2) by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

I got one Bloch from Dadlamasu and got the other one as build model. The centre sections are F-82´s for the wing and stabilo.

One day I think I can do the cowling and tailsection in red ´n yellow.

Enjoy!
David aka 63cpe

PR19_Kit

Most impressive, the gun battery in the centre section should concentrate the enemy's attention somewhat.  :o

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

😁😁 love seeing strange arse French designs and ya nailed this Dave  :thumbsup:
A lovely wiff if there ever was one  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .