Borgward "Gnitze" Anti Tank Guided Missile Platform

Started by buzzbomb, January 02, 2021, 08:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

Last year a project started and quickly died, as I could not get an acceptable layout for weapon and loading the RCL. So I shelved the project.

IT.... IS.... ALIVE !!!!

Albeit in a different form.
Whilst awaiting the postman for the Matilda and other projects are a bit stalled.
So looking for a quick project I found the Borgward again and started thinking again, then decided to try something different... Missiles !!!
Late WW2 Germany wacky (and not so wacky) research was moving onto the ATGW area with the X-7 rottkapchen and also the Ruhrstal/Kramer X-4 Air to Air missile which also confusingly proposed an X-7 Anti Tank version. Having previously built the Rottkapchen version for another vehicle, decided to go the groovier looking X-4/X-7 version.
Example of X-4 at Cosford

Fleshed out the vehicle a bit more with an operators station

External Missile. Missile is a 1/72 modern slick bomb with some plastic card wings.. Good enough

Why not use the Demolition charge housing as a possible "Containerised Weapon System". I figured the control wires could be a simple electrical connection to the joystick in the operators compartment.

PR19_Kit

Immediately I'm wondering what the WWII German for 'groovier looking' might have been, and was it written in the OKW's specification for the system.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tigercat

It's probably a very long german word   ;D

Toaddanexcitingpaintschemeandextrafins

andpossiblyifwehavethebudgetunecessary

overcomplicatedoverengineeredfiddly

bitswhichwillneedspecialtools

specialtrainingandstrategicmaterials

wedonthaveandacupholder technik

But in german

PR19_Kit

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Almost EXACTLY what I was thinking, yes.

[Later] Thatt comes out as

'HinzufügeneinesaufregendenFarbschemasundzusätzlicherFlossenundmöglicherweisewennwirdasBudgetunnötighabenüberkompliziertüberfummeligkonstruiert
BitsdieSpezialwerkzeugebenötigenspezielleSchulungenundstrategischeMaterialienwirhabenkeineundeinenbecherhaltertechnik'

if you run it through Google translate.... ;D

Abject apologies to all our German friends on here for making jokes about your language. It does make for some WONDERFULLY complex words though.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

In the British Army it would just need a Boiling Vessel (BV) added to make it work... ;) ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

buzzbomb

You guys are too funny... that banter about the name was well done. :thumbsup:
Got a real chuckle out of that

Well that model together well from a build point of view. A bit of fun as well.
Overview of added detail

Post Paint shop

One with a figure to scale it out... quite a small vehicle

PR19_Kit

That's a BRILLIANT paint job, and on a brilliant model too.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And it is small, much smaller than I imagined too.

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 03, 2021, 03:06:38 AM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Almost EXACTLY what I was thinking, yes.

[Later] Thatt comes out as

'HinzufügeneinesaufregendenFarbschemasundzusätzlicherFlossenundmöglicherweisewennwirdasBudgetunnötighabenüberkompliziertüberfummeligkonstruiert
BitsdieSpezialwerkzeugebenötigenspezielleSchulungenundstrategischeMaterialienwirhabenkeineundeinenbecherhaltertechnik'

if you run it through Google translate.... ;D

Abject apologies to all our German friends on here for making jokes about your language. It does make for some WONDERFULLY complex words though.

On that basis, I suspect a German Scrabble board must be absolutely huge! ;D
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

tigercat

I'd never thought about it but German scrabble  where you can add words to other words much more easily than english  must be killer

In English we make shop

In german you've got washing machine and tumble drier repair shop  played over various goes

In English you make Shops or shopper

Dizzyfugu

Nice! I am not sold on the mecha-esque/Bind-style front flap launchers, but it looks very good and makes sense as a light AT vehicle.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

That's just brilliant  :bow:. Must admit like Kit I didn't realise just how small  it is.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Originally it is/was not a manned vehicle at all, it's a remote-controlled "Ladungsträger" that was to carry an explosive charge to its target, leave it there and then retreat. It had a cockpit, though, but it was only used for routing and not for actual missions.

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit