Coventry Show 2021 *CANCELLED*

Started by Nick, January 13, 2021, 04:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2021, 06:00:41 AM
Fingers crossed for announcement on Monday. I've a feeling the Government are preparing the ground (Cabinet Office leaks, unofficial sources etc) for a two/four week extension of the 21st June relaxation date. If they do, especially four weeks, could make this tight.

I think you might just be right. If this does happen its not going to go down well everywhere.  :-X
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 08, 2021, 06:00:41 AM
Fingers crossed for announcement on Monday. I've a feeling the Government are preparing the ground (Cabinet Office leaks, unofficial sources etc) for a two/four week extension of the 21st June relaxation date. If they do, especially four weeks, could make this tight.

Oh, I'm convinced 21 June won't happen - frankly I think there's justification for an extension in terms of Delta variant case rises versus vaccination rates.  2 or 4 weeks?  Who knows but I wouldn't be surprised if it's 2 with an option to go to a further 2.

Either way it would present the Coventry organisers with a very difficult choice.  For what it's worth they have my utmost sympathy.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

In my view the important number is the one we are currently not seeing, without some serious digging and playing with numbers, which is hospitalisation rate, hopefully there will be a full briefing on Monday and one of the professors will tell/show us what it is.

I certainly wouldn't want to be the person making the decision that's for sure. They actually have my sympathy and very few politicians get that.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 09, 2021, 06:13:39 AM
In my view the important number is the one we are currently not seeing, without some serious digging and playing with numbers, which is hospitalisation rate, hopefully there will be a full briefing on Monday and one of the professors will tell/show us what it is.

I certainly wouldn't want to be the person making the decision that's for sure. They actually have my sympathy and very few politicians get that.

Indeed. 

There has been some hospitalisation data, Chris, e.g. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/57403888.  Hospitalisation levels and death rates greatly reduced, clear correlations between hospitalisation and whether jabbed or not.  Also levels of illness if hospitalised apparently lower than previously (politicians hailing this as an indication of the vaccine programme's efficacy). 

On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on June 09, 2021, 08:50:33 AM
Does this help, Chris?     https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

That's the site I eventually found, there's so much data out there. The problem is ensuring the data covers the same geographical area, the same time period and hasn't already been played with - averaged out, rolling averages, estimates and then figuring out the basis of that estimate etc. They seem to change the way they present it all the time and I'd just like the raw numbers. Mind you as it was by playing with data and numbers that I earned a good living for nearly 40 years I shouldn't complain. What answer did you want sir ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 10, 2021, 06:27:08 AM
Quote from: Rheged on June 09, 2021, 08:50:33 AM
Does this help, Chris?     https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

That's the site I eventually found, there's so much data out there. The problem is ensuring the data covers the same geographical area, the same time period and hasn't already been played with - averaged out, rolling averages, estimates and then figuring out the basis of that estimate etc. They seem to change the way they present it all the time and I'd just like the raw numbers. Mind you as it was by playing with data and numbers that I earned a good living for nearly 40 years I shouldn't complain. What answer did you want sir ?  ;)

You'd enjoy https://www.ft.com/content/12573b01-ba98-4f8f-8756-057f2b739250, Chris.

zenrat

87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: zenrat on June 11, 2021, 04:11:06 AM

I think you'll find it's 86%, Rattie.  96.3% of the world knows that  ;)

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on June 11, 2021, 05:21:04 AM

It's actually 86.5% so really it depends on how you were taught to round  :angel:

Also I'm 60% certain I haven't actually done that, but then the figure depends on if we are talking about pre or post lunch presentations or if we have decided to average them out ?  :rolleyes:

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 11, 2021, 06:20:33 AM

It's actually 86.5% so really it depends on how you were taught to round  :angel:

Also I'm 60% certain I haven't actually done that, but then the figure depends on if we are talking about pre or post lunch presentations or if we have decided to average them out ?  :rolleyes:

What do you mean by 'average'?  :angel:

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on June 11, 2021, 06:22:26 AM

Precisely sir  ;) Depends who the client is, who the audience are made up of and most of all what I felt like on the day I drew it all up  ;D

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 11, 2021, 06:44:41 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on June 11, 2021, 06:22:26 AM

Precisely sir  ;) Depends who the client is, who the audience are made up of and most of all what I felt like on the day I drew it all up  ;D

Where then does that put us motley band of whatiffers?  :wacko: :wacko:
Keeper of George the Cat.