Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on June 11, 2021, 11:15:53 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 11, 2021, 06:44:41 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on June 11, 2021, 06:22:26 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 11, 2021, 06:20:33 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on June 11, 2021, 05:21:04 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 11, 2021, 04:11:06 AM
87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I think you'll find it's 86%, Rattie.  96.3% of the world knows that  ;)

It's actually 86.5% so really it depends on how you were taught to round  :angel:

Also I'm 60% certain I haven't actually done that, but then the figure depends on if we are talking about pre or post lunch presentations or if we have decided to average them out ?  :rolleyes:

What do you mean by 'average'?  :angel:

Precisely sir  ;) Depends who the client is, who the audience are made up of and most of all what I felt like on the day I drew it all up  ;D

Where then does that put us motley band of whatiffers?  :wacko: :wacko:

I don't do any stat's for this site .......................yet  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

We are all above average as human beings and below average as a-holes.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: zenrat on June 13, 2021, 06:26:46 AM
We are all above average as human beings and below average as a-holes.

One way of putting it.  :thumbsup:

Keeper of George the Cat.

Freightdog862

With the delay of lifting restrictions till at least 19th July, has there been any mumbling about Coventry?

Colin

Nick

Quote from: Freightdog862 on June 18, 2021, 10:01:58 AM
With the delay of lifting restrictions till at least 19th July, has there been any mumbling about Coventry?

Colin

Given that the show is still up on their website for 1st August, I would guess the club are holding their nerve until 12th July and whatever the Govt decide will happen from then.

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Nick

I spoke too soon.  :banghead:

Paul Redfern announced on FB this morning that the Coventry show has been cancelled for 2021.
Planning is now in place for 2022.

With great disappointment, Coventry and Warwickshire IPMS have decided to cancel their club show on 1st August. This decision hasn't been taken lightly, both the museum and club have tried to work out different scenario's, on the changing situation with the COVID restrictions, and the uncertainly of what will happen next. Unfortunately, all the outcomes of these scenario's, have concluded that the museum and club cannot put on a model show, which is COVID safe.
As you can imagine, the club members are equally disappointed with the decision, but these are the times we live in.
We will not be attempting to re-schedule the show this year and will start the booking process in the new year for the 2022 show.
I wish to apologise on behalf of the club for this cancellation.
Thanks
Paul Redfern
Show organiser
Coventry and Warwickshire IPMS

kitbasher

What Colin says.  Was really looking forward to it.  Difficult call for the organisers to make.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

That's a shame, but at least I'd held off sorting trains and possible hotels. I feel sorry for the organisers, very difficult decision.

I really need to replenish things like glue, filler, basic paints etc. I can see a trip to Hannants at Colindale on my horizon. Now there's a "b" of a place to get to from my place.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Nick

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 19, 2021, 06:16:12 AM
That's a shame, but at least I'd held off sorting trains and possible hotels. I feel sorry for the organisers, very difficult decision.

I really need to replenish things like glue, filler, basic paints etc. I can see a trip to Hannants at Colindale on my horizon. Now there's a "b" of a place to get to from my place.

Remember it's only open Thursday to Saturday.

PR19_Kit

[SIGH]

Will we EVER be free of this BLOODY virus! Normal life just cannot continue like this!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

frank2056

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 19, 2021, 02:26:35 PM
[SIGH]

Will we EVER be free of this BLOODY virus! Normal life just cannot continue like this!

No - unless more people get vaccinated and keep up with their vaccination boosters (if needed). In the US, it will probably never really end because there is a very large number of intensely, painfully stupid people who will not get vaccinated because something they heard Foxbook. So they'll get sick, some will die, the virus will mutate, make more sick, etc.

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: kitbasher on June 19, 2021, 12:20:19 AM
What Colin says.  Was really looking forward to it.  Difficult call for the organisers to make.

Very difficult decision. I personally feel gutted David. :angry: Especially as I live close to the Museum and under finals to one end of the runway.
Keeper of George the Cat.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: frank2056 on June 19, 2021, 03:23:17 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 19, 2021, 02:26:35 PM
[SIGH]

No - unless more people get vaccinated and keep up with their vaccination boosters (if needed). In the US, it will probably never really end because there is a very large number of intensely, painfully stupid people who will not get vaccinated because something they heard Foxbook. So they'll get sick, some will die, the virus will mutate, make more sick, etc.

Frustrating, isn't it?  🤦‍♂️
So I got that going for me...which is nice....