**DONE**United Federation of Planets captured Klingon Bird of Prey

Started by TheChronicOne, January 13, 2021, 04:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Gilbertson

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Mossie on February 15, 2021, 03:00:47 PM
Lovely little thing.  :thumbsup:

I like the colours you've chosen, sets it apart from the dull Star Fleet schemes.

Thanks!  It's certainly flashy but I think it worked out pretty well. One more to go with this treatment, the big Romulan warship.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 15, 2021, 03:17:37 PM
I'm not much of a Star Trek fan but i do like the movies and the ships. The Bird of prey has always been one of my favorite ships and although i'm not a fan of many colors, i like what you did with it.  :thumbsup:
I watched every episode of SGU in hopes of it getting better towards the end but it got so boring with all the drama around the characters. I can take a bit of it but still, it becomes boring after an episode or two. No wonder people lost interest and the show got cancelled.

Cheers!!!   I just couldn't keep with it... I got about 3/4 of the way through and they spent the vast majority of the time wallowing in despair and everyone was screwing each other over and all the sullen suicidal crap just got way old. I kept hoping to see some science fiction... some exploring... some... anything that wasn't soap opera emo drama but it never came. I like Eli well enough and he at times would get down to some sciencey stuff but even he fell prey to all the weepy moping and suicidal stuff and that's about the time I gave up. I was like, "Well, there goes the sole scientific element of the show..."   :banghead:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on February 15, 2021, 03:57:26 PM
That's brightened up my day! :thumbsup:
Thank you!!! Glad to hear that. I like bright nice happy colors on stuff that shouldn't have them. Fun to look at.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 15, 2021, 04:14:30 PM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on February 15, 2021, 03:17:37 PM
I'm not much of a Star Trek fan but i do like the movies and the ships. The Bird of prey has always been one of my favorite ships and although i'm not a fan of many colors, i like what you did with it.  :thumbsup:
I watched every episode of SGU in hopes of it getting better towards the end but it got so boring with all the drama around the characters. I can take a bit of it but still, it becomes boring after an episode or two. No wonder people lost interest and the show got cancelled.

Cheers!!!   I just couldn't keep with it... I got about 3/4 of the way through and they spent the vast majority of the time wallowing in despair and everyone was screwing each other over and all the sullen suicidal crap just got way old. I kept hoping to see some science fiction... some exploring... some... anything that wasn't soap opera emo drama but it never came. I like Eli well enough and he at times would get down to some sciencey stuff but even he fell prey to all the weepy moping and suicidal stuff and that's about the time I gave up. I was like, "Well, there goes the sole scientific element of the show..."   :banghead:

Ya! Eli was my favorite character too.  :thumbsup: But he was doomed since the moment he fell in love with that other guy's chick... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

I'm still hoping for more of the Orville series. I really enjoyed what they have produced so far.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

I can watch Stargate any time.  Love the humour and McGuyver is excellent.  Even when they replaced him with the cast of Farscape (also excellent).  However I can't take any of the spin offs like Atlantis or Universe.
Farscape I found particularly good because it had so many Australian and Kiwi actors in it.  It's nice occasionally to see a universe that does not have an American accent.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

Quote from: zenrat on February 16, 2021, 02:01:42 AM

Farscape I found particularly good because it had so many Australian and Kiwi actors in it.  It's nice occasionally to see a universe that does not have an American accent.

Agree, though I really should sit down and watch the thing in it's entirety...  :banghead:

The thing about the accents is that, though we hear them every day IRL, we're so used to TV sounding American that it's a bit jarring to hear an 'ordinary' accent on there.

TheChronicOne

I love Farscape! The Dominar is my favorite, so funny.  ;D    My favorite episode was when they were all back in time in 1984 I think..... they went to Florida and were squatting in an empty house or whatever it was. Farscape has some dark moments in it at one point where what's her name is alone off on that planet and she kind of gives up. Not surprisingly that arc wasn't a favorite but at least it was short lived. They also did some pretty messed up stuff to Pilot.  :o ;D 

Agreed on Stargate! I love that one and like you said, even after Mac was gone it was still good. As stated previously  (and I take every opportunity to say it regardless lol ), I hated Universe, but I liked Atlantis. it was a bit rough to get started because I was fresh off of 11 or whatever seasons of SG1 but eventually I started to care about what happened to the characters and started to look forward to the next episode.  When that happened I knew I'd enjoy it so re-started the series so I could properly watch the 5-7 episodes that I barely paid attention to as it played in the background on my first play-through.

Here's an old school Sci Fi show that has since gone from Streaming unless you pay through the teeth: Sliders. I really loved that one. Also.... Quantum Leap. And here's one that may be more obscure. It only lasted one (two?) seasons and met a too-soon demise thanks in large part to having a terrible time slot: Space, Above and Beyond. 1990's   I thought it was damn good. Space Marines and "Chigs."

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kerick on February 15, 2021, 09:49:55 PM
I'm still hoping for more of the Orville series. I really enjoyed what they have produced so far.

I love Orville!!!   They're working on Season three... everything is just seriously bogged down but they're filming and it'll be on its way soon.  It's been a wait, that's for sure....
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on February 16, 2021, 12:11:17 AM
Uh, pretty and colorful!  :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!   Ain't that something?? I'd like to eventually make other stuff like it. I'm doing a Romulan one soon but if I could get my hands on some of the other alien races ships it would be neat.
-Sprues McDuck-

Rick Lowe

Sliders was interesting, again what I saw of it. One of the things that puts me off though, is apparently they did have them getting back eventually but because of some change made while they were away (oiling a squeaky gate of all things, IIRC) they didn't realize and kept on travelling. Also because the love interest 'couldn't breathe on our Earth' - what?

S:AAB was also an interesting concept. Sort of a modernized Aliens for a new generation.
Not convinced they'd have highly- and expensively-trained pilots acting as grunts, but there you go.
'Every Marine is a Rifleman/woman' - ok, but only if you are out of other options.

QL was also interesting, didn't get into it myself but remember Sister watching it regularly.

I guess when it comes down to it, unless I know it's going to end where I think it should, I really don't want to make the sort of time investment required. (NuBSG is a case in point).
Of course, that also means I have to make the effort to sit down regularly and watch X-number of hours on DVD...

Ah well, it means more time that I can use to annoy people on this forum... not intentional, just one of the 'bonus features'...

TheChronicOne

True enough.  :wacko:

Here's one: X-files. I love it! I have the whole box set of the DVDs. I bought them all before it was readily available on streaming.... I look at the box set the way "preppers" look at buried food in the woods; if the day ever comes all my streaming goes down... well, I have my DVDs!  ;D   My scenario is far more likely, but I digress......  X-files..... it was so difficult to really grasp the overall picture after awhile...you know, the smoking man and all the Bees and weird Russian guy and everything... it got so weird, confusing, and muddled by the end that it was basically nonsensical but considering what X-Files was, it ADDED to the appeal of the show in my opinon. It lended to the idea that things were constantly being manipulated from the outside. Been considering a re-watch of this one as it's been about 10 years. Also, I've never seen the recent series they did.

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..