RAAF Mirage 2000

Started by Firefox, January 19, 2021, 03:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefox

The idea begins with what if RAAF continues to be Mirage user. And I love the French deltas. While I'm not sure the reason ended up with F/A-18 or had RAAF even evaluated Mirage 2000 as a possible replacement or not, I definitely love to see an RAAF Mirage 2000 participating in Desert Storm. The whiffy Mirage participated in Desert Storm III and modified to carry the Storm Shadow missile.

The kit itself is 1/48 Mirage 2000C from Kinetics. The kit looks good in the box but the devil is in the details. Only through building, I realized the kit has quite some design and engineering issues that should not happen in such a relatively modern kit. Unfortunately, for this scale, that's not much to choose from. I really hope some other manufacture would give Mirage 2000 in 48th scale a go. After all, for such a well know fighter used by so many nations, there is surprising limited choices in 48th scale.

Pellson

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Dizzyfugu

That's pretty! Simple, but very nice.  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Very clean looking model, nicely done.  :thumbsup:

And an interesting weapons load too, do the RAAF have Storm Shadows and Magics in the RW?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Like it  :thumbsup: One thing though, don't the roo's point nose forward on the fuselage?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Quote from: Gondor on January 19, 2021, 08:38:29 AM
Like it  :thumbsup: One thing though, don't the roo's point nose forward on the fuselage?

Gondor

OUCH!

but then again this is WhIf world so maybe a little bit of forgivness can be permitted.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

chrisonord

That's very nice, and  very  plausible  too :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Tophe

Quote from: Firefox on January 19, 2021, 03:23:50 AM
The kit itself is 1/48 Mirage 2000C from Kinetics.
Wow, with this perfection of details I thought it was 1/24 or 1/12... :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Firefox

Gondor

Good pick! The decals are actually from left over tray. I couldn't find two pointing forward. So one side pointing forward, the other points backward  ;D

Firefox

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 19, 2021, 05:46:27 AM
Very clean looking model, nicely done.  :thumbsup:

And an interesting weapons load too, do the RAAF have Storm Shadows and Magics in the RW?

I don't think RAAF has Storm Shadow. After Mirage III, they are pretty much American weapons all the way.

Weaver

Nicely done, and it's very credible too. An RAAF Mirage 4000 would be good too, given their obsession with range.

I was about to say they didn't have Storm Shadows in Desert Storm, but then I realised you said Desert Storm III...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

comrade harps

Neat-o  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Firefox on January 19, 2021, 12:27:09 PM

Gondor

Good pick! The decals are actually from left over tray. I couldn't find two pointing forward. So one side pointing forward, the other points backward  ;D

The fin flash is also backwards  ;)
Whatever.

Gondor

Quote from: comrade harps on January 19, 2021, 01:41:08 PM
Neat-o  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Firefox on January 19, 2021, 12:27:09 PM

Gondor

The fin flash is also backwards  ;)

Now your just winding him up   :rolleyes:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Firefox

Hahaha, I must admit I haven't paid much attention to the decal. The build itself is riddled with issues. and yes a Mirage 4000 would be nice