Fleet air arm Rotodyne C.O.D circa 1959.

Started by chrisonord, January 23, 2021, 06:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This is near enough  as I  had a battle with the paint on it, and got  fed up with it. Aircraft is  attached to  the Ark Royal  1959, kit is the Revell  one so not 1/72nd scale  exactly, but it will do. Wing tip tanks are from a Canberra.  Few bad fitting  parts and broken  parts  especially where the cockpit widows go in, but it won't be  doing  any  shows so it will do.
Chris
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pWpNEqkBX8XWcYSn8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/tpc7T5AMtyfUheGn7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sx83c9F5ZqwmjiK57
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Now that's an interesting idea Chris ----  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

chrisonord

Cheers Robert, I  think the  rotodyne could have  done that  job  in real life  too.
Chris

PR19_Kit

It probably could, yes.

But the incidence of deafness amongst FAA matelots would have increased alarmingly.  :o

Good model there Chris, that Revell 'dyne is a bear to build, especially the later popped ones.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 23, 2021, 10:02:10 AM
It probably could, yes.

But the incidence of deafness amongst FAA matelots would have increased alarmingly.  :o

Good model there Chris, that Revell 'dyne is a bear to build, especially the later popped ones.
It was certainly "fun" in places  Kit that's for sure.  I left most of inside out  as it was an unnecessary waste of glue and time.  The most  challenging part was painting it even  when using  masking tape it was a pest. Hopefully  Fred's prayers are answered  and Airfix  brings out the rotodyne  new tool.
Chris

63cpe

That's Brilliant Chris, Very well done!

David aka 63cpe

buzzbomb

McColm

Wow! I wish mine could turn out like that.

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

chrisonord

Quote from: rickshaw on January 23, 2021, 03:09:18 PM
This is similar to the Westland Rotodyne Mk.20 - RAN FAA COD aircraft, 1969 - I made way back 2011:

That's really nice  Rickshaw,  makes you  won what could have been if it was allowed to be built. Thankyou  for  the kind comments guys, it is much appreciated :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Certainly suits the scheme, well done mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

chrisonord

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 24, 2021, 06:30:09 AM
Certainly suits the scheme, well done mate  :thumbsup:
Cheers Chris, it just had to be done  ;D
Chris

Joe C-P

I did my own version, the pics may be here somewhere still.  I like yours!  :thumbsup:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.