Royal Air Force middle east sea Venom

Started by chrisonord, January 24, 2021, 04:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Another royal navy  hand me down pressed into  service  by the RAF, the sea venom proved to be a very good close air support  and border  policing aircraft  due to its lower speed and the side by side seating  for an observer.  Weapons  were usually  sneb rocket  pods of which  4 could  be carried  or 4 small bombs  or a combination of both. Two 20 mm cannons were also useful for  soft ground  targets or for keeping  the insurgents  heads down. Kit is the TOKO repop of the the frog kit. Not bad to build  to be quite  honest, and a lot better than I expected.
Chris
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BZYfEeJa1hGKPmgVA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1xJ2LqMPhDmiaUcb6
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Is the canopy still MEGA-thick Chris?

That was always a bugbear for me, it was like looking through the bottom of a beer glass (not that I know what looking through the bottom of a beer glass is actually like, I've forgotten.............)

I like the idea, and you've made a neat job of an ancient kit there.  :thumbsup:

I like the swept fin flashes too, very innovative.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 24, 2021, 04:36:19 AM
Is the canopy still MEGA-thick Chris?

That was always a bugbear for me, it was like looking through the bottom of a beer glass (not that I know what looking through the bottom of a beer glass is actually like, I've forgotten.............)

I like the idea, and you've made a neat job of an ancient kit there.  :thumbsup:

I like the swept fin flashes too, very innovative.
The canopy certainly is  quite  thick  Kit, so nothing has changed  there. It made it easier to stick down if nothing else.  I  don't  have many  fin flashes that  are that small, so those ones just about  fit the bill.  Next  navy  hand me down  will be another  frog repop, a sea vixen, which will  get the sand pit colour scheme.
Chris

NARSES2

You've done an excellent job with that old kit Chris  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

chrisonord

Glenn Gilbertson

Good job on an ancient kit - and plausible! :thumbsup:

chrisonord

Cheers  Glen, it was a lot easier to build than the Airfix  vampire  T11 I built  last year I tell you.
Chris

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..