Re: The AW52 Arundel PR2

Started by PR19_Kit, February 05, 2021, 08:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

Looking good  Kit, I  am not starting mine just yet  as I  need to shovel a load of stuff off my work bench.  :banghead:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Wait till I've finished mine Chris, who knows what else I'll find lurking amongst the rest of it..................
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2021, 09:50:52 AM
Wait till I've finished mine Chris, who knows what else I'll find lurking amongst the rest of it..................
Haha, marvellous.  I  won't be in any  hurry to build it anyway so it could be a long term build.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

MORE wonderfulness on the part of Mikro-Mir.............  :banghead:

The nose and main gear wheels are in two halves, split down the centre as you'd expect. The nose wheel fits onto a single sided nose leg, and naturally the hole in the wheel is too small for the axle, but that's easily fixed with a small drill.

The main legs are T shaped, and each main wheel logically fits either side of the leg. The wheel hubs are nicely detailed, on BOTH sides.  :banghead: :banghead:

Yes, that's right, there are NO holes in the main wheels for the axles to fit into, so they have to be drilled too, but there's a socking great lump sticking out of the middle of the hub, which will need flattening first before drilling.

Didn't anyone at M-M actually BUILD one of these kits before putting it into mass production?  :angry: :angry: :angry:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

FAR148

QuoteI need to shovel a load of stuff off my work bench.

I clutter work bench is a busy work bench. I keep mine busy 24/7

PR19_Kit

And on the plus side, the starboard wing is finished, primed and re-scribed, and glued in place!  ;D

You can see what I mean about it being BIG, and it's pretty large even without the wing extensions that I fitted too. Oddly enough the starboard wing is a much better match to the centre section than the port one, and won't need anywhere near as much PSR.  :thumbsup:

All I've got to do now is to work out what colour scheme to paint it in................ :-\

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

White like the Cylon Basestar Arsenal Bird from Ace Combat 7?  :angel:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 20, 2021, 02:40:37 PM

Didn't anyone at M-M actually BUILD one of these kits before putting it into mass production?  :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm actually beginning to think that some of these companies allocate some of their staff to various sites like ours and then they all get together over a pint/bottle and have a good giggle ? You can just imagine the conversation : "here lads, we got another one with that wing step" or "brilliant, yet another one spent 6 hours building an engine that will never be seen again" I hope not, but if I can think of it ?  :rolleyes:  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

For their sake I hope they DON'T show up at a Telford show any time soon. I'll be having a few words if they do!  :wacko:

Regards
Kit

loupgarou

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 21, 2021, 04:23:14 AM
For their sake I hope they DON'T show up at a Telford show any time soon. I'll be having a few words if they do!  :wacko:

Like allegedly Teddy Roosevelt said: "Speak softly and carry a big stick".  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: loupgarou on March 21, 2021, 07:01:40 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 21, 2021, 04:23:14 AM

Like allegedly Teddy Roosevelt said: "Speak softly and carry a big stick".  ;D

I'll take my 777-900 along as a club.  ;D :wacko:

Regards
Kit

frank2056

This model reminds me of the very first aircraft kits, where they gave you a block of balsa, a rough three-view, some cast landing gear and other small bits and the rest was up to you...

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 21, 2021, 03:16:49 AM
I'm actually beginning to think that some of these companies allocate some of their staff to various sites like ours...

I hope so.

Oi! Airfix.
Rotodyne, in 1/72.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: frank2056 on March 21, 2021, 09:22:23 PM

This model reminds me of the very first aircraft kits, where they gave you a block of balsa, a rough three-view, some cast landing gear and other small bits and the rest was up to you...

Sadly it reminds me of them too, and I built some  numbers of them when I was 7-10. :(

Regards
Kit